Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide to 1-99 Magic

+79
tt xv
jd90009
Noobster
Level 3 geek
infinite
Miss Ontario
hashuno
NachoDragon
keapor
iwillkillyo
Jorsin Alkes
Timmeh
chaostank88
Sakanator
Aiiight
ghazy2010
Adroxes
NGAF
KiiD RyaN
my zerker is
Vulthurnax
Exposed
Rikkiz
Frozen Ways
xkeropix
vakriin
legitmoneys
sathan&narg
cerylin
swan song
Mackydude
Yuckie
Flip4life
Isunova
Tokyo
bobsaget2
Miss Nothing
acarl
stinky4666
drewb
MoldyAss69
Tempo
MnM
Mr Lolrus
kamikaze7523
explosivefun
Daba
Cant Be Hard
xSick
whako10
djmudbutt
Care Cup
sam5
McGunthy
misterlol
Dejavu
h4xed
DrEaM dSiNeR
NoAtntionSpn
Frodo Baggins
TheVoice200
smfdl0l
Pvt KnockOut
NoBoysZone
wicked pig
Lima Tango
weena king
darklord1185
ikill4candy
mini193
rang3d blits
Sheniqua
Extravagance
Lmao Own
Usmc
Sentiment Pk
Rice
Calvin & Hobbes
sara hunterx
83 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Guide to 1-99 Magic Empty Guide to 1-99 Magic

Post by sara hunterx 13/11/2010, 11:59 pm

Guide to 99 Magic

Hi guys. Today I will be showing you different methods on how to get 99 mage.

Guide to 1-99 Magic Mageanim

In this guide there will be
  • Money Saving methods
  • Fastest exp per hour
  • MoneyMaking while training
  • Best Armour/Spells to use
  • Many great training methods

Some methods (fastest to slowest):
  • Hunter kits-190k experience/hour
  • String jewellery-160k experience/hour
  • Rock Lobsters (Ice barrage) 160k experience/hour
  • Plank make-150k experience/hour.
  • Stun-95k experience/hour
  • Stun/alch-150k experience/hour
  • Rock Lobsters (Ice Burst)-125k experience/hour
  • Bake pie-108k experience/hour
  • Superheat item-70k experience/hour
  • Enchanting Bolts-65k experience/hour
  • High Alchemy-65k experience/hour
  • Humidify-50k experience/hour
  • Camelot teleport-50k experience/hour
  • Charging Air Orbs-40k experience/hour

Ok lets get started. For level 1-55 I recommend you to use combat spells. You should use the Wizard Tower Lesser Demon. Requirements: elemental runes + death/bloods/chaos/mind. If you want to you can use elemental staffs to cover up for the elemental runes. As you gain levels and unlock new spells just switch to your newest spell. Also if you right click on a spell you will have the autocast option.
Once you are at level 40 you can now wear Dragon Hai, Enchanted, Splitbark and mystic. These armours will give you a mage boost which you can use.

There is an alternative method for level 25-55 with teleporting. Just use the teleports that you can use to train your magic. For example the Lumbridge Teleport (Not the home one, the one that actually costs runes to use). I recommend you to wield elemental staffs to cover for the most expensive elemental runes. You will get around 30-50k experience/hour with teleporting.

If you do not like the above methods you can always cast confuse, weaken and curse spells on NPC's. You can do this for level 3-55. You will need as much negative mage attack bonus as you can find. If you do this you will splash all the time and you will still get exp. You can use this method in the lumbridge dungeon where the cook is located on the spider in there or just simply on goblins or any other low level NPC.

Super heating will require 43 magic, 1 nature rune and 4 fire runes per cast. You can reduce this by only having nature runes and using a firestaff. What you do is you basicly smelt ores without the use of a furnace. Some people smelt iron ores. Take this into account that you will need the corresponding smithing level to smelt bars. You will also loose around 100gp pe ore/bar. If you are 70+ smithing you can do adamant bars which can make up to 500-900gp each profit. Exp/hour: 70k/h

High Alchemy requires level 55 magic and one nature rune per cast if using a fire staff. You will buy items and nature runes from the Grand Exchange and then you will alch those items that you bought and you will gain magic exp. I recommend that you buy battlestaffs as often as you can and alch them, ask other players that are alching and try to calculate how much you will loose. Abit of research in finding an item can save you lots of money. Exp/h: 65-70k/h
Here is a site I have found with a High Alchemy Calculator to help you:
http://www.scape-xp.com/runescape-high-alchemy.html

Here is one of the few ways you can make money with mage: Charging Air Orbs. You will need level 66 magic, air staff, unpowered orbs that you can buy from the Grand Exchange and cosmic runes. It is recommended that you use a Edge teleport method. Exp/h: 40k - Cash per hour: 300k

Another method you can use is Enchanting Bolts. You will need 57 magic. You will buy diamond or ruby bolts on Grand Exchange along with the required runes. Then on the normal spell book click on the level 4 enchant spell and select the bolts you are doing. The bolts don't always sell quickly but since they are used alot for boss hunting the will sell. I did this for 82-94 mage on my maxed gmauler. I had about 30M to start of with and once I got 94 mage I had around 55M+ just from doing this. Exp/hour: 70k Cash/hour: 300k I personally think this is better then alching. You can enchant around 10k bolts per hour if you are fast. You can also use a Mystic Mudstaff.

For Stun-Alching you will need level 80 magic, a mud staff and loads of negative mage attack bonus. What you do is you alch and stun at the same time. Exp/hour: 150k it will cost 3gp per 1 xp. I recommend using a Stealing Creation Helm as it will boost your magic exp. Alot of people do this in BH+1 Worlds on the Zamorak Mages. You should do this if you want to gain ep at the same time.
They are located here
(Far west of edgeville): Guide to 1-99 Magic Minimapmonk

If you are level 70 magic+ you will Ice burst but if you are 94+ you will Ice barrage. Requirements to use this method are the Desert Treasure Quest. Location is the Waterbirth Tunnels (Dagannoth Kings) You will need Prayer pots and the best mage attack bonus you can afford.
Experience/h: Burst = 100-150k Barrage = 140-200k
Crimson Charms/h:Burst = 150 Barrage = 200
Recommended items for mains: Farseer helm or Ahrim's Hood (Farseer doesn't degrade and has same mage attack bonus), Ahrim's Robetop, Ahrim's Robebottom, Infinity boots, Arcane Stream Necklace, God Cape, Seer's Ring, Seer's Ring (i), Barrow gloves and a Arcane Spirit Sheild. Do not bring thrownaxes anymore since you don't need them. I used this method on my Turmoil Zerk but I already had 99 mage and obviously had to use different gear. Using it got me the charms I needed for summoning. =]

If you are level 68 magic and are looking for some profit I recommend doing humidify. You will need a Steam Staff and 1 astral rune per cast. Exp/h: 35-50k/h Cash/h: 200-250k

If you are level 65 you can use the Bake Pie spell. You will need raw pies, a steam staff and astral runes. You also receive the regular cooking exp each pie. So the higher level pies you use the better cooking exp.
Exp/h: 105-120k/h

For people who have level 86 magic you can use the Plank Making method. It will require Cash, Nature runes, Astral runes and a Earth staff.
Here is a link to the costs (Thanks Tormented):
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Ai399RGgXsVxdDlrbzdfYjhIOGhaMlk2OU5qeThPQVE&hl=en&output=html
Here is a guide: http://www.smokinelite.com/skill-guides-f17/plank-make-160k-exp-per-hour-t11192.htm
Exp/h: 140-150k/h
For each plank at the sawmill you will pay:
  • 100gp for normal
  • 250gp for oak
  • 500gp for teak
  • 1500gp for mahogany

With Plank Make you will pay:
  • 70gp for normal
  • 175gp for oak
  • 350gp for teak
  • 1050gp for mahogany

Stringing Jewellery will require level 80 magic, unstrung Jewellery, Astral runes and a Mud staff. This method is basicly the fastest exp which doesn't take effort. It will cost around 4gp per xp so 11m xp would cost you 44M and will take around 70hours of slack training. Best items to string are Gold Amulets, Unholy Symbols and Holy Symbols.
Exp/h: 160k/h

Hunter kits will require level 71 magic, 2 Astral runes per cast and a Earth Staff.
Exp/h: 200k/h

So the methods I have used on my accounts are Enchanting bolts on my Gmauler and on my Turmoil Zerk which used to be a pure back in the old days I alched. But I did use the Ice Barraging Rock Lobsters method and it got me alot of mage exp and charms. If you don't have lunar or ancients I advise you to High alch.
So for the fastest xp it is best to Ice Barrage Rock Lobsters which is the most expensive method but you can also do Hunter Kits which is expensive but also fast. The cheapest method is filling vials which will make you a profit but takes effort and this so called effort is what alot of players are missing Razz. The most common method for training mage is High Alchemy because it is a small loss or sometimes you can make a little profit. The easiest way to get 99 Magic is to String Jewellery.

Thanks for reading my Magic guide. Hope it helps.

Now I Ice U

Last edited by sara hunterx on 25/9/2011, 3:53 am; edited 11 times in total
sara hunterx
sara hunterx
Charity Donator
Charity Donator

Back to top Go down

Guide to 1-99 Magic Empty Re: Guide to 1-99 Magic

Post by Calvin & Hobbes 14/11/2010, 9:36 am

"Recommended items for mains: Ahrims Hood, Ahrims Robetop, Ahrims Robebottom, Infinity boots, Arcane Stream Necklace, God Cape, Seers Ring, Barrow gloves and a Arcane Spirit Sheild."

I'd recommend a Farseer helm because it gives the same magic attack bonus, is cheaper and doesn't degrade.
Calvin & Hobbes
Calvin & Hobbes
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by sara hunterx 14/11/2010, 1:16 pm

Gustafvasa wrote:"Recommended items for mains: Ahrims Hood, Ahrims Robetop, Ahrims Robebottom, Infinity boots, Arcane Stream Necklace, God Cape, Seers Ring, Barrow gloves and a Arcane Spirit Sheild."

I'd recommend a Farseer helm because it gives the same magic attack bonus, is cheaper and doesn't degrade.

Changing now and thanks =]
sara hunterx
sara hunterx
Charity Donator
Charity Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rice 16/11/2010, 12:56 pm

hm, so fastest for 1 def woulb be bursting ?
Rice
Rice
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin & Hobbes 16/11/2010, 5:42 pm

"Recommended items for mains: Ahrims Hood, Ahrims Robetop, Ahrims Robebottom, Infinity boots, Arcane Stream Necklace, God Cape, Seers Ring, Barrow gloves and a Arcane Spirit Sheild."

I'd recommend a Seer's ring (i) too.

O and +rep btw
Calvin & Hobbes
Calvin & Hobbes
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by sara hunterx 16/11/2010, 9:22 pm

Ries wrote:hm, so fastest for 1 def woulb be bursting ?
Yes and doing it at rock lobsters will help you get charms if you ever want to get your summoning up =]. Added Seers Ring (i) in. Thanks
sara hunterx
sara hunterx
Charity Donator
Charity Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sentiment Pk 18/11/2010, 1:34 am

Gustafvasa wrote:"Recommended items for mains: Ahrims Hood, Ahrims Robetop, Ahrims Robebottom, Infinity boots, Arcane Stream Necklace, God Cape, Seers Ring, Barrow gloves and a Arcane Spirit Sheild."

I'd recommend a Seer's ring (i) too.

O and +rep btw

Would be better to use battle robes and a sol. this way you would get 50% of your runes back.

Sentiment Pk
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Usmc 28/11/2010, 5:49 am

How do you make money with Humidify and Bolt enchanting? I may have just calculated wrong

Usmc
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lmao Own 28/11/2010, 7:22 am

Stun and hi alch with sc armor can get you 245k exp per hr if u concentrate

Lmao Own
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Extravagance 28/11/2010, 8:55 am

Link to plank make costs can be found here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Ai399RGgXsVxdDlrbzdfYjhIOGhaMlk2OU5qeThPQVE&hl=en&output=html
Extravagance
Extravagance
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by sara hunterx 28/11/2010, 9:43 am

Tormented wrote:Link to plank make costs can be found here:

I'll add the link in my guide. Thanks
sara hunterx
sara hunterx
Charity Donator
Charity Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sheniqua 29/11/2010, 12:58 am

Nice guide, thanks for posting it Very Happy

Sheniqua
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by sara hunterx 29/11/2010, 8:55 am

Sheniqua wrote:Nice guide, thanks for posting it Very Happy
No problem. Hope it helped
sara hunterx
sara hunterx
Charity Donator
Charity Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by rang3d blits 29/11/2010, 8:05 pm

great guide, it helped
rang3d blits
rang3d blits
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by sara hunterx 29/11/2010, 9:56 pm

rang3d blits wrote:great guide, it helped
Your welcome.
sara hunterx
sara hunterx
Charity Donator
Charity Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by sara hunterx 20/1/2011, 1:49 pm

Bump. =D
sara hunterx
sara hunterx
Charity Donator
Charity Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by mini193 8/2/2011, 3:30 am

nice, I was going to go for 99 mage eventually so this'll really help
mini193
mini193
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by ikill4candy 9/2/2011, 8:36 am

Nice guide 91 out of 94 magic so i might give some of these a try.

ikill4candy
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by darklord1185 10/2/2011, 1:56 am

im gonna use this for my 99 mage thanks alot man

darklord1185
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by weena king 12/2/2011, 2:16 pm

Ok, so if I wanna gt my mage from 1-99 without losing more than 20 mil, what's the fastest way?

(I can do high alch. at a small profit) but wondered whay would be faster but not cost more than 1.66gp per xp (20 mil to 99).

Thanks Very Happy
weena king
weena king
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/2/2011, 11:22 pm

nice guide thank you, gonna use thissm <3 Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lima Tango 14/2/2011, 12:38 am

Real good guide. I've been trying to find alternate methods than alching. Thanks for posting.
Lima Tango
Lima Tango
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by sara hunterx 14/2/2011, 1:29 pm

Lima Tango wrote:Real good guide. I've been trying to find alternate methods than alching. Thanks for posting.
Your welcome
sara hunterx
sara hunterx
Charity Donator
Charity Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by wicked pig 17/2/2011, 1:58 am

nice guide, thanks

wicked pig
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)