Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask all your skilling questions here!

+94
Daxaal
Paradijs
Sakanator
Curve Crush
Bom
VerMac
David Archie
diegohage
PvM Shredz
thespacebar
MyLifeIsMerch
Milan1899
pigs can fly
ZJXMad
larx
Igotmoney
Forsaken
bobsaget2
VitaminG
Google
Warlord
qwertyXz
thermal44
Tempo
Cloakraider
Jomama507
McGunthy
UbFreaky
Illusionist
Die4theHunt
Black
Inomonu
Mitch
Tawny779
syprs
Riolu
alik
Daba
JohnieQuest
OnceDead
Kelly
kierren6
w 4 l t 3 r
prutsertjeeh
zealva
Fire
kamikaze7523
Mr Zuidenaar
Obzidian
Sevar
spudmyster
aLetterbox
Princess Toon
emandemon
Begone13
Lucky
Hmm Ninja
official swag
TLW Aaron
Season
CharlieM
Sour Skittles
<3 Page <3
99flirt
MrDangari
God_Woration
Obese
Ranging
Cald
A Ninja
Grewmente
Beasley
ace123
Extravagance
I Tank Arma
sk8ter911
Forge1
D'n'B
weena king
jake j25
Elysian
h4xed
Cool
Calvin & Hobbes
panda-explosion
Core743
Alex711
NoBoysZone
Ghostim16
Broeder
w58658
Valinxh
cracker
Divine
98 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Ask all your skilling questions here! Empty Ask all your skilling questions here!

Post by Divine 16/2/2011, 6:36 pm

I decided to make a topic where anyone can ask their skilling questions.
I often get a lot of pm's/people in the cc/people ingame asking me how to train a certain skill.
I know I have quite a broad knowledge of the game itself, and could possibly help you along to start your skilling.

so if you don't know where to start/aren't sure if you're using the right method for you, simply use the format below and ask me your question, and I'll do my best to reply you as good as I can to the criteria you put up.

I hope you realise I don't know everything, and may have to find out things myself, or I can simply direct you to some of our wonderful guides on here Smile

Code:
- Skill you need help on:
- Level in the skill:
- Level goal:
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it:
- The method you (think you should) use to train it:

Feel free to ask any of them here, don't be shy as we all start somewhere.
I'll try to reply to you as soon as I can.

If I actually helped you out well, let me know, and if I didn't let me know what wasn't good/went wrong!

If I refer you to a guide on these forums and that guide helped you, please +rep the creator of it, they definitely deserve it.

Last edited by [ADMIN] Divine on 17/2/2012, 11:16 am; edited 5 times in total
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

http://merchz.com/

Back to top Go down

Ask all your skilling questions here! Empty Re: Ask all your skilling questions here!

Post by cracker 16/2/2011, 7:09 pm

i got a question. how the hell does the farming amulet work?i ve been trying to use it with the compost bin, nothing happened, i ve been trying using it with my herb patch, still nothing.i ve been trying to turn it sideways, still nothing! seriously is it any help at all?

cracker
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Ask all your skilling questions here! Empty Re: Ask all your skilling questions here!

Post by Valinxh 16/2/2011, 7:12 pm

- Skill you need help on: Fishing
- Level in the skill: 71
- Level goal: over 9000!!!!! (99)
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: I want to make money from it Razz
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: Idk, I'm at monks atm
Valinxh
Valinxh
Charity Donator
Charity Donator

Back to top Go down

Post by w58658 16/2/2011, 7:12 pm

- Skill you need help on: Herblore
- Level in the skill: 92
- Level goal: 95+
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: 100m
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: combat potions, maybe super defence when whiteberries are cheaper

I was wondering if you know what the best way to train herblore is at the moment. With the scroll of efficiency expensive secondary ingredients would be better than expensive herbs, which is why I'm considering super defence potions. Any ideas?

w58658
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 16/2/2011, 7:13 pm

- Skill you need help on: herblore
- Level in the skill: 98
- Level goal: 99
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: 1gp
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: herbicide?
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 16/2/2011, 11:06 pm

cracker wrote:i got a question. how the hell does the farming amulet work?i ve been trying to use it with the compost bin, nothing happened, i ve been trying using it with my herb patch, still nothing.i ve been trying to turn it sideways, still nothing! seriously is it any help at all?

You should read this: http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2item_id=7322
It explains all there is to the item.

Valinxh wrote:- Skill you need help on: Fishing
- Level in the skill: 71
- Level goal: over 9000!!!!! (99)
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: I want to make money from it Razz
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: Idk, I'm at monks atm

I advise you to continue training at monks if you want the cash, untill you can do cavefish, and after that rocktails.
Fishing is not really a spectacular way of moneymaking (only up to like 300k per hour), so it may be worth fishing faster and instead training another much more profitable skill (like hunter or rc) in the time you save.
Try to multitask fishing, just do things you enjoy and you'll hardly notice the training Smile
Also use a summoning familiair to fish with (ibis or granite lobster)
Goodluck!

w58658 wrote:- Skill you need help on: Herblore
- Level in the skill: 92
- Level goal: 95+
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: 100m
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: combat potions, maybe super defence when whiteberries are cheaper

I was wondering if you know what the best way to train herblore is at the moment. With the scroll of efficiency expensive secondary ingredients would be better than expensive herbs, which is why I'm considering super defence potions. Any ideas?

You should consider this, you'll be getting 95/96 Herblore for Overloads obviously. To make these you need extreme potions of 5 different styles. You must get these and the xp to make any overloads at all, so I advise to make these potions at your level, and use them to level up, otherwise you'll have to get them later on and spend extra, needless cash.
Try making an even amount in extreme attack, str, def, mage and ranged pots, and then when you get your 95/96 you can make overloads.
I'm aware this costs a bit, but if you think in the long term you're actually just saving cash.

For the current gp/xp for all pots, have a look at this forum topic: http://www.smokinelite.com/t3101-spreadsheet-guide-to-buyable-skills-a-must-see

Broeder wrote:- Skill you need help on: herblore
- Level in the skill: 98
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: 1gp
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: herbicide?

Try daily 30k assist xp's, W117 Daemonheim recommended Wink
Should take a little over a month to achieve it that way, in the mean time you could always clean herbs and sell for profit Razz
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 17/2/2011, 11:27 am

Hmm you actually made a decent advice XD

+rep
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 17/2/2011, 2:53 pm

Broeder wrote:Hmm you actually made a decent advice XD

+rep

I knew you were trolling, just to see if I had advice to such questions Razz
So I played the game and showed that Razz
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ghostim16 17/2/2011, 4:17 pm

- Skill you need help on:Prayer
- Level in the skill:83
- Level goal:95 (turm ftw)
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: As little as possible but within reason.
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: many people use dragon or frost bones, but for almost 50m+ cheaper I can use big bones. My question is using 4x as much big bones worth it being 50m cheaper?
Ghostim16
Ghostim16
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 17/2/2011, 4:59 pm

Ghostim16 wrote:- Skill you need help on:Prayer
- Level in the skill:83
- Level goal:95 (turm ftw)
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: As little as possible but within reason.
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: many people use dragon or frost bones, but for almost 50m+ cheaper I can use big bones. My question is using 4x as much big bones worth it being 50m cheaper?

Well, theres 2 things that play a factor here.
How fast you actually sacrifice those bones (on gilded altar I assume), which would depend on the location of your altar and glory, and on the familiair you use.
And ofcourse on how fast you can make money per hour with a skill/merchanting.

This is what you need for 95 Prayer:
Ask all your skilling questions here! Praytraining

So you have to calculate this:

Price of the bones/xp per bone

Dragon bones for instance: (taking med ge price)
6570/252 = 26,07 gp/xp

Meaning that 1 hour of training with Dragon bones would cost you about 1100 * 6570 = 7 227 000
And would give you about 277k Prayer xp.

Big bones for instance: (taking med ge price)
622/52,5 = 11,85 gp/xp

Meaning that 1 hour of training with Big bones would cost you about 1100 * 622 = 684 200
And would give you about 58k Prayer xp.

If you'd want to get the same xp with Big bones as 1k D bones, you need to spend 3 267 644, and spend an additional 4,7 hours to do that.

So this results in you having to make about 700k/hr in all the time you save, to make Dragon Bones worth using.
If you can only earn less than that, use Big bones.

Long explanation, but I hope it clears up how you should solve a problem like that.

Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by NoBoysZone 22/2/2011, 2:33 am

- Skill you need help on:Magic
- Level in the skill:61
- Level goal:94
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: 5mil
- The method you (think you should) use to train it:Alching + bursting

NoBoysZone
NoBoysZone
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 22/2/2011, 8:37 am

NoBoysZone wrote:- Skill you need help on:Magic
- Level in the skill:61
- Level goal:94
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: 5mil
- The method you (think you should) use to train it:Alching + bursting

Ah finally a new poster Smile
Well with 5mil it will be a bit hard to get 94 magic, you won't be able to with the methods you posted, unless you:
a) only alch small amounts of profitable items, downside is this will be time consuming and slow.
b) you do a huge load of slayer and buy your runes for bursting with points.

My personal advice would be to earn more cash first, otherwise you're going to be using methods that will make you far too slow, which wastes a lot of time.

If you plan on bursting it, which is awesome for summoning, I recommend you to use a battle robe set and staff of light, to cut the cost in half. The robes only take about 2 hours to recharge, and last about 20 hours from what I've heard.
To do bursting, I would really recommend a wealth more along the lines of 25-30M (taking current med prices, and adding a few mill for supplies and gear). The runes for bursting itself would take you ±20M.
Because 70-94 Magic is ±38k bursts, for which you get an average of about 190k xp per 1k bursts (also an average of 290 crimson charms/p 1k bursts at rock lobs).
I definetely say this is the way to go, especially if you like summoning, which is a very very useful skill in RS.
When you get to the point where you can afford this, watch a ton of video guides or read some written ones, that should help you a lot.

If you are not happy with this method, just post below and I'll figure out something else for you.
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex711 22/2/2011, 11:08 am

Skill you need help on:Magic
- Level in the skill:92
- Level goal:99
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: at most 20 mil
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: used hunter kits from 82 to 92

Alex711
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 22/2/2011, 2:41 pm

Alex711 wrote: Skill you need help on:Magic
- Level in the skill:92
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: at most 20 mil
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: used hunter kits from 82 to 92

I'd like to give you the same reply as I did to NoBoysZone in the post above.
Mainly because you're in a better position to do this.

The question is though, do you want/need to get those charms from it for summoning, would you be intrested in getting that up or are you already 99 maybe?
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Core743 27/2/2011, 7:42 pm

- Skill you need help on:Magic
- Level in the skill:94
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it:like 10m
- The method you (think you should) use to train it:Stun/alch

I really need help in finding a good alch item which i can buy alot in ge, not like those armour or weapon pieces that i can only buy 100 of them. Before i used to do rune brutals but now its not really good, so i am looking for a good item, please someone help?
Core743
Core743
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by panda-explosion 27/2/2011, 7:50 pm

- Skill you need help on: Farming
- Level in the skill: 62
- Level goal: 75+
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: Hopefully I'd want to make money
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: Tree seeds I suppose, I like to slay and be able to do other things while I'm farming, without the risk of disease and other things. Preferably I'd want to know the sort of inventory and route to talk for a farming 'run' as it were. Sorry, thats quite a broad question. Razz
panda-explosion
panda-explosion
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

http://panda-explosion.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Calvin & Hobbes 27/2/2011, 8:07 pm

This thread belongs in General Runescape Discussion.
Calvin & Hobbes
Calvin & Hobbes
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cool 27/2/2011, 8:54 pm

- Skill you need help on: Farming
- Level in the skill: 75
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: However much it takes, looking for a relatively fast method.
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: I think it's palms and magics? I'm not sure.
Cool
Cool
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by h4xed 27/2/2011, 9:15 pm

- Skill you need help on: Mining
- Level in the skill: 70
- Level goal: 77
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: 10m if that's even needed. But profit would be nice Very Happy
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: Powermining granite, Boring as hell, interested in other secondary methods that can do to increase the speed.
h4xed
h4xed
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cool 27/2/2011, 9:28 pm

h4xed wrote:- Skill you need help on: Mining
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: 10m if that's even needed. But profit would be nice Very Happy
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: Powermining granite, Boring as hell, interested in other secondary methods that can do to increase the speed.

Nothing else you can do except powermine iron.
Cool
Cool
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 28/2/2011, 11:47 pm

For some weird reason this topic showed up as read..even though I didn't open it for days.
Sorry for the late response, will reply to all now.

Core743 wrote:- Skill you need help on:Magic
- Level in the skill:94
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it:like 10m
- The method you (think you should) use to train it:Stun/alch

I really need help in finding a good alch item which i can buy alot in ge, not like those armour or weapon pieces that i can only buy 100 of them. Before i used to do rune brutals but now its not really good, so i am looking for a good item, please someone help?

With 10m max to spend, you could spend a max of 128gp/alch.
Try looking into Yew Longbows, the most commonly alched item I believe.
Taking med prices its currently 90-100gp/alch which is well under your 10m Smile

panda-explosion wrote:- Skill you need help on: Farming
- Level in the skill: 62
- Level goal: 75+
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: Hopefully I'd want to make money
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: Tree seeds I suppose, I like to slay and be able to do other things while I'm farming, without the risk of disease and other things. Preferably I'd want to know the sort of inventory and route to talk for a farming 'run' as it were. Sorry, thats quite a broad question. Razz

Had to put in a spoiler cause of the long reply Razz

Spoiler:

Cool wrote:- Skill you need help on: Farming
- Level in the skill: 75
- Max. amount of cash you'd like to spend on it: However much it takes, looking for a relatively fast method.
- The method you (think you should) use to train it: I think it's palms and magics? I'm not sure.

Relatively fast would be planting Tree and Fruit Trees, fastest is still planting all patches and setting up a huge schedual for it all, which would make you even out/profit, but require you to be on all day.

Palms and magics are indeed the best way for your training method, though I still recommend Snapdragons to anyone.

h4xed wrote:- Skill you need help on: Mining

You could possibly try Kyatt iron mining.
Instead of spam clicking to drop everything through powermining, you can tele back and forth to the bank and the 3 iron rock mining spot at the Kyatt familiair tele. This may also add a little profit, and can go well up to 30-40k xp/hr I believe.
You do ofcourse need the summoning Req.

I hope these replied were useful to you people, let me know what you think. Smile

Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 28/2/2011, 11:49 pm

Calvin &amp; Hobbes wrote:This thread belongs in General Runescape Discussion.

I'm basically guiding people in every possible question, so I see it as a mix of the 2.
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cool 1/3/2011, 12:04 am

Thanks for the response man!
Cool
Cool
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex711 1/3/2011, 8:23 am

thnx heaps im wondering tho should i use burst or barrage when killing rock lobsters cus i defs need the charms

Alex711
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 1/3/2011, 9:51 am

Alex711 wrote:thnx heaps im wondering tho should i use burst or barrage when killing rock lobsters cus i defs need the charms

Barrage is 30-40% faster, but about 100% more expensive.
So unless you're very rich, I definetely recommend Bursting, as its already fast enough as it is.
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next