Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Do NOTs of Merching/Flipping: A Beginner's Guide

+185
Johnny Conrad
Mr Kennedy
davicross
daddydodaddy
Friend Zoned
Drakan
speed
Magic Pixel
olavite2
Lord Tulio
th3 last 0n3
Reziony
tzhaar125
Wheaties
Precor
Z7I
paingod
Stone Brick
Particle
Yuzuki
wllen1
boomer0001
offley
KetchupFTW
gexnl
tilla1
Derpswing
77dds storm
xrfx
sam_here
hockey2158
divina commedia
Animalistical
T R 0 Y
IamSpArTiCuS
Zeldja
Im_Stan
Divination M
XkoszmarX
T5 Dark Bow
Jimmy_Norman
Karitac
powerflower
Spectra-L
TheEvasiveOtter
King Of Dicing
optimus999
Oxodium
Asparity
jupiter11d7
Salaandora
kikyo09
krill
BrightenBlue
windrunner
racerdog90
leothycels
Isunova
gaurdjatixa
mrkebab12
Anna Sun
VitaminG
Miss Nothing
dareaper
The Swollcat
SladeDaBoss
silentsuperior
jpico444
karlowns
Ovos
Localboy
qwertyXz
Saitaer
cbutler
Mitz
Abraxix92
Self Aware
amnesiaguess
Fantasmo
Smother
Jared_White5
Warlord
adm157
Julij2
General Itachi
Slithac
r0binhood
stefan15
Mr Lolrus
Cloakraider
McGunthy
Detroit.Kush
shunks
launir
FoTy2126
imnotghetto
recpaintballer89
skeltor57
Zennywop
gmac525
samneo125
theheathen07
The Monk
Some1
`Shadow
chokii
STD PT
ArdRi
Paradijs
mrski
sean2520
iosif
Dr3ambash3r
RandomThief
chongzheng
goodolsanta
IOwnARayGunIRL
Obbyshaggz
MEEE
Umyo RS
SM Keith
Mas Money
Slain Curse
xSaito
gibaneles
jcruz
Kelly
ray 0f sun
youngtom
walex80
HazzaBear
xDragonx
Sprangbanger
berzerker453
sir richman4
Skittles
killview53
Claw speclal
Yewtilize
diegohage
psychox
Hopes Thief
TSaint
1 pk scrubs
Undying
Kewley
maxmix
galaxytab1234
zuaki
ancientp
purple kush
Meow Im Hawk
tyujhg4545
Daba
RAGING SILENCE
explosivefun
mozcheez
Gingh0ar
luis00177
Im To Frosty
ITIint
Roan S
Genesis~
bare_end
Ironcloud72
HiddenVice
djmudbutt
Alterlife
ignota
west brid
patches5
Forge1
lukien
Lepage Eh
xSick
king justus
Speshul
Lightning
D3fault
Hmm Ninja
Mackie JZ
syprs
a2z
DemonsGrace
Watinko
189 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

The Do NOTs of Merching/Flipping: A Beginner's Guide Empty The Do NOTs of Merching/Flipping: A Beginner's Guide

Post by Watinko 1/7/2011, 9:46 pm

Watinko presents - The Do NOTs of Merching/Flipping: A Beginner's Guide

The Do NOTs of Merching/Flipping: A Beginner's Guide DonotWsanta

Hello, all! Hope you're having a wonderful day! Welcome to my first ever guide! Very Happy

This is meant to be a concise and/or detailed guide that can be read in a matter of seconds, or over a few minutes, depending on your needs/experience! I currently have eight posted rules, each of which have some deeper description and examples from my own experiences if you need them! If you understand where I'm coming from just by reading the 'Short', then I encourage you to skip the 'Long'! I also am now working on a Tips section, for some advice beginners may find helpful!

I am here to teach some of the do NOTS of the merching world. There are tons of threads that open each and every day about people losing tons and tons of money over failed flips, overnight investments, and long-term merches. I am here with this handy guide to help you retain as much money as possible!

From here on out, the word 'investment' will cover merching, flipping, and investing in a general sense.

First and foremost, I am not here to tell you which items to flip, when it's a good time to invest, how to make loads of money, or anything of the sort. If you didn't read that and immediately lose interest, then I'll tell you what I am here to help you with: KEEPING your bank on a failed or scary investment, and how to avoid simple things that are easy to get BURNED on!

This brings us to the do NOTs of investment!

RULE 1: DO NOT LOSE YOUR PATIENCE!

Spoiler:

RULE 2: DO NOT RUSH THROUGH WINDOWS!

Spoiler:

RULE 3: DO NOT FALL IN WITH HYPE!

Spoiler:

RULE 4: DO NOT TIE UP YOUR WHOLE CASH PILE!

Spoiler:

RULE 5: DO NOT DISREGARD RULE 1!

Spoiler:

RULE 6: DO NOT FORGET THE FUNDAMENTALS!

Spoiler:

RULE 7: DO NOT SPREAD YOURSELF TOO THIN!

Spoiler:

RULE 8: DO NOT BE SCARED TO ASK FOR HELP!

Spoiler:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

TIP 1: Do not flip above market on a falling item!

Spoiler:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Alright, so those are a few simple do NOTs of the merching game. They are all very simple, but also very easy to lose sight of! Just remember to keep your head on your shoulders, and you should always do fine! If you only take one thing away from this whole guide, once again I tell you that it is PATIENCE!!! Patience will save you millions! It will almost instantly bump you from amateur to advanced, if you know your way around the rest of the activity!

Thanks all for reading! If you have anything more to add, then please post it right in this thread! I'll gladly add and give +rep for anything useful, and I'll gladly field any questions/disputes you may have. Razz

If you feel that you've got a good grasp on these rules and investing in general, make sure you check out my good friend DURC's Inactive/Overnight Flipping Guide! Click me! Great to help maximize your profits!

Like I said in the beginning, I know that this guide is most useful to beginners, so don't forget to come back and +rep me when you can. Wink Happy flipping!

PS: Thanks Bom for a very short, helpful suggestion that made my guide look a thousand times better!
Also thanks to hmm ninja for the awesome banner. Very Happy
Thanks DemonsGrace for helping giving me the Short/Long idea!
Thanks Lightning for a short, but helpful time as my Mentor.

Last edited by [ADMIN] Billious on 28/9/2014, 9:38 am; edited 23 times in total (Reason for editing : Lots!)
Watinko
Watinko
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

The Do NOTs of Merching/Flipping: A Beginner's Guide Empty Re: The Do NOTs of Merching/Flipping: A Beginner's Guide

Post by DemonsGrace 1/7/2011, 10:27 pm

Nice guide, Its king of a reminder to people, as most people should know most of this. Thanks for taking the time to write this though I can see it took time to write.

I would consider shortening it up though, its pretty long.

+rep
DemonsGrace
DemonsGrace
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

The Do NOTs of Merching/Flipping: A Beginner's Guide Empty Re: The Do NOTs of Merching/Flipping: A Beginner's Guide

Post by a2z 1/7/2011, 11:51 pm

Nice guide, useful for beginners.

a2z
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by syprs 1/7/2011, 11:55 pm

Nice guide. I break rule 4 constantly Smile I think iv got like 5m cash right now that isnt being tied up.

Id also add accepting a loss. It goes a little against patience, but its something you just need to do sometimes.

+rep

syprs
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mackie JZ 2/7/2011, 12:34 am

Really nice.

Advices for experts and beginners alike. Good job. +rep
Mackie JZ
Mackie JZ
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hmm Ninja 2/7/2011, 1:13 am

Very nice guide i think this should be made into a sticky, only one problem that i saw and thats the blue text i couldnt read it without highlighting it Smile +rep
Hmm Ninja
Hmm Ninja
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Watinko 2/7/2011, 1:25 am

hmm ninja wrote:Very nice guide i think this should be made into a sticky, only one problem that i saw and thats the blue text i couldnt read it without highlighting it Smile +rep

Thanks, fixed. Very Happy

And thanks again for your help. ^_^
Watinko
Watinko
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by D3fault 2/7/2011, 2:30 am

Thanks for the first tip Watinko. I've said it a million times myself that people just need to be patient when it comes to flipping. In fact, I've had to relearn that lesson a few times on my own!

+rep
D3fault
D3fault
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lightning 2/7/2011, 2:34 am

Lol Skrub and Watinko have both been my mentees. Patience is what I emphasize the most Razz
Lightning
Lightning
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Speshul 2/7/2011, 2:54 am

very nice, and the patience part cleared alotta stuff up for me Razz
id rep if i could btw

Speshul
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by king justus 2/7/2011, 4:51 am

i shouldve read this before lol now im a bout to lose on my flip item =[ patience patience

king justus
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by xSick 2/7/2011, 11:34 am

Yea, i just encounter someone crash with me and keep lower down the price when I lowered mine, so i decided to put it back to the destinated price and it sold =)

Nice guide there.

xSick
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lepage Eh 3/7/2011, 8:16 pm

This was fantastic really. Smile
Lepage Eh
Lepage Eh
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lukien 3/7/2011, 8:20 pm

BEST FREE GUIDE ON THIS SITE!!!!!!

lukien
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Forge1 3/7/2011, 9:13 pm

+REP now you have 9 reps from this thread.. Smile
Forge1
Forge1
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Watinko 3/7/2011, 10:17 pm

Forge1 wrote:+REP now you have 9 reps from this thread.. Smile

Hehe! Thanks! And I know! Wow! I really had no idea people would like it so much! I'm very... Honoured. :$
Watinko
Watinko
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by D3fault 3/7/2011, 11:55 pm

lukien wrote:BEST FREE GUIDE ON THIS SITE!!!!!!

No one should charge for merching knowledge IMO. Merching in itself is just a collaboration between individuals whether they know they're working together or not. Thanks again Watinko for a great guide Smile
D3fault
D3fault
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by patches5 4/7/2011, 1:05 am

Wow really insightful. And yes patience Very Happy that's what I lack as a merchant. Thanks for it all it's been helpful.

patches5
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by west brid 4/7/2011, 5:56 am

Thanks for this, acctually helped alot Smile
west brid
west brid
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by ignota 4/7/2011, 6:40 am

Very helpful Smile You should consider becomming a mentor, I am in need of one.
ignota
ignota
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Alterlife 4/7/2011, 9:30 am

Very well written & good advice. Especially rule number 1. Too bad I've been learning that the hard way Smile .

Alterlife
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Watinko 4/7/2011, 5:55 pm

Hehe. If I get enough reps, I think I may begin mentoring. We'll see. Razz
Watinko
Watinko
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by djmudbutt 5/7/2011, 4:38 am

damn nice guide, you forget about the do nots of something when all you wanna do is do:)
djmudbutt
djmudbutt
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by HiddenVice 6/7/2011, 5:39 am

Great post. Loved the comments about the dicing considering I recently lost my bank (only 60m) to SM dicing haha.
HiddenVice
HiddenVice
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironcloud72 6/7/2011, 11:08 am

Nice guide for beginners Very Happy
Ironcloud72
Ironcloud72
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next