Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mypet's Active Flipping Guide| A Breezy ride to profit!

+33
Galaxy X93
Barnaby
codeseth42
LilRyan
Psyke
MinhZor
AgentPerry
Rawbam
meganoep
Lee
asapwnz
sebsebsebh
Nick5020
liortulip
Azzill
JVIR.Swagg
trojanfox
Burrr
bamber91
Chaotic Iove
Jorsin Alkes
frozone76
arcin
Epistolizer
cornears
p0wndude21
chaostank88
King Of Dicing
NE Swag
dyziek93
iSMOOTH
platfis
mypet tr0ll
37 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mypet's Active Flipping Guide| A Breezy ride to profit! Empty Mypet's Active Flipping Guide| A Breezy ride to profit!

Post by mypet tr0ll 4/5/2012, 10:57 am

Congratulations, by clicking on this guide, you have already taken your merchanting knowledge to a whole new level. After reading this guide, you will have a more advanced knowledge of active flipping then before. This guide will be more in depth then Mr J's 7 steps to profit guide, and hopefully we can all learn something knew. This guide will be on active flipping, which is one of the main forms of merchanting in runescape. If you wish to read about other good guides, check out the Rated Merchanting Guide Section.

Contents:

1.0 Introduction
2.0 Limits
-2.1 Limits on common items
3.0 Finding your Item
-3.1 Manually
-3.2 Item Lists
4.0 Active Flipping
-4.1 Finding the High Price
-4.2 Finding the Low Price
-4.3 Buying/Selling your item
5.0 Moving On
-5.1 Picking a New Item
6.0 Conclusion

1.0 Introduction

Active flipping is the easiest, fastest and the most common form of merchanting. In most cases, it is the most profitable out of all of the forms of merchanting that there is. Active flipping is different to investing/manipulations/inactive flipping because it is done with in the time range of approximately 5 minutes - 1 hour. If you are learning how to merchant, then this is the guide for you and this is the form of merchanting for you.

2.0 Limits

Each item has a limit of how much you can buy of the said item every four hours using the grand exchange. At this moment, there is currently no known way to break that limit. Roughly two months ago, you could increase your Limit, but not anymore.

2.1 Limits on Common Items

To find all the limits on items, you can go to this thread.

Here are a few limits;

Raw food - 20k
Cooked food - 20k
Raw materials - 25k
Weapons - 10
Armour - 10
Bow string/flax - 25k
Cannonball - 10k
Rune armour/weapons - 100
Potions - 1k
Herbs - 10k
Pouches/Scrolls - 5k

3.0 Finding Your Item

First off, you need an item to flip. You will probably be confused and have no idea what type of item you wan't to flip. I will list a few ways that you can find some items.

3.1 Manually

Just think, what to people use a lot and that are very common. You will start thinking about food, ores, logs and all raw materials like that. These are all good to flip.

Another way to find items is to click on a skill in your skillbook and scroll through the level requirements until you find an item that is fairly common.

3.2 Item Lists

There is a sub section on this forum for items to flip. There is a wide variety of threads/items to choose from, so take a look around and experiment with a few different threads. Click here to go to the item list subsection.

4.0 Active Flipping

Enough about that, let's get into the real money making part. There are a few steps that you have to follow, and they are all very easy to do. Read on...

4.1 Finding the High Price

To find the high price of the item, we simply buy 1 of the item for 50% over there market/medium price. The high price will be the price that we sell the item at. Don't worry, it won't buy for the price that you are buying it at, it will buy for a lot lower.

Mypet's Active Flipping Guide| A Breezy ride to profit! XAZ6F

Once you find your high price, write it down and make sure you remember it.

4.2 Finding the Low Price

To find the low price of the item, we simply sell it back for 50% under market/median price. The low price will be the price that we buy the item at.

Mypet's Active Flipping Guide| A Breezy ride to profit! DXyp2

Once you find your low price, write it down and make sure you remember it.

4.3 Buying/Selling Your Item

We can now buy our item.

Put in a buy offer for as much as you can buy of that item for 1gp over the low price of the item. In this case, it is a 828 low price, so I would put in a buy offer for 1000 pots for 829 coins. For a potion, it will take roughly 5-15 minutes to complete.

Once you have bought the the item, you can now sell it back.

We will sell the item for 1gp under the high price, which in this case is 955gp. It will take roughly 5-10 minutes to sell, and once you have sold it, you would have made 135k.

5.0 Moving on

Once we have successfully flipped an item, we will now have to move onto a different item to flip.

5.1 Picking a new Item

Once you have finished the flip, we will need to flip a new item. If you have just flipped potions, try moving onto ores or food. You can always find a new item to flip from the flipping lists on the forums as well.

6.0 Conclusion/Summary

Active flipping is fast and very easy. You can easily make millions in an hour or two. If you have more money, you will make more money. That is the way with every form of merchanting.

If you stick with active flipping, you will be a billionaire in no time.

Thankyou for reading my small active flipping guide, if you have any questions, please feel free to comment on this thread or send me a PM.

Thanks,

Mypet tr0ll, Guide Manager
mypet tr0ll
mypet tr0ll
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Mypet's Active Flipping Guide| A Breezy ride to profit! Empty Re: Mypet's Active Flipping Guide| A Breezy ride to profit!

Post by platfis 4/5/2012, 2:39 pm

Good guide, but for me all of these flipping methods never work... I do this and get maybe 10 to 20 strength pots, and it stops afterwards...

platfis
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Mypet's Active Flipping Guide| A Breezy ride to profit! Empty Re: Mypet's Active Flipping Guide| A Breezy ride to profit!

Post by platfis 4/5/2012, 2:41 pm

platfis wrote:Good guide, but for me all of these flipping methods never work... I do this and get maybe 10 to 20 strength pots, and it stops afterwards...

Maybe I mostly use the wrong items, what items do you recommend?

platfis
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by mypet tr0ll 4/5/2012, 2:59 pm

Try cannonballs or death runes, they always come in fast.
mypet tr0ll
mypet tr0ll
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by iSMOOTH 24/5/2012, 8:33 pm

platfis wrote:Good guide, but for me all of these flipping methods never work... I do this and get maybe 10 to 20 strength pots, and it stops afterwards...

Or you got cut, check if the prices got changed.
just the same way you price checked in the first place.

iSMOOTH
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by dyziek93 25/5/2012, 1:20 am

The best guide, i think a lot of people using this method, it giving a good margins and fast flipping
Very good job Wink

dyziek93
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by NE Swag 15/6/2012, 3:36 pm

Awesome

NE Swag
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by King Of Dicing 24/6/2012, 5:08 pm

Very good guide Mypet Smile
+rep
King Of Dicing
King Of Dicing
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by chaostank88 26/6/2012, 11:09 pm

So do you just have to keep checking items till you find a good one?

chaostank88
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by p0wndude21 24/7/2012, 8:57 am

nice guide Smile

p0wndude21
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by cornears 26/7/2012, 1:06 am

Thanks. Very niceeee

cornears
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Epistolizer 26/7/2012, 5:21 pm

Great guide, and will definitely be adding Super Str (4)s into my table! Very Happy
Epistolizer
Epistolizer
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by arcin 27/7/2012, 8:28 am

Thanks man, this guide did me a huge favor and i tried the cannonballs you listed, made close to 85k profit in like 5 secs. Very Happy

arcin
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by frozone76 28/7/2012, 9:58 pm

goood guide and great idea with the cannonballs 1m profit Very Happy
frozone76
frozone76
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jorsin Alkes 5/8/2012, 6:57 am

Really comprehensive guide and professional! Really well made. I love it.

Thanks a lot!
Jorsin Alkes
Jorsin Alkes
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaotic Iove 5/8/2012, 12:34 pm

never really tried merchin' as i was afraid to lose money but i think ill give it a go
Chaotic Iove
Chaotic Iove
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by bamber91 5/8/2012, 1:43 pm

Helped me out so much thankyou!

bamber91
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Burrr 14/8/2012, 6:46 pm

great guide
Burrr
Burrr
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by trojanfox 18/8/2012, 2:24 am

Nice guide! The Grand Exchange article on RS wiki has updated limits btw.
trojanfox
trojanfox
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by JVIR.Swagg 19/8/2012, 6:25 pm

This helped me start out merching, really great guide, thanks!

JVIR.Swagg
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Azzill 19/8/2012, 10:01 pm

NIce guide!

Azzill
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by liortulip 23/8/2012, 12:16 pm

Great guide! It seems it would be really helpful to people who just started off flipping!

liortulip
liortulip
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

http://runelore.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick5020 23/8/2012, 7:20 pm

Thanks for the guide, still learning how to flip Razz
Nick5020
Nick5020
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by sebsebsebh 25/8/2012, 6:09 am

Awsome guide, trying strength pots now.

sebsebsebh
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by asapwnz 6/9/2012, 4:18 am

in regards to looking for an item to flip, i dont know why i didnt think of looking in the level requirements list.... good on you man, thanks

asapwnz
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next