What is a vouch?

Go down

What is a vouch?

Post by Dag on 10/10/2012, 3:49 pm

Vouches
-Vouches are statements made from one member directed towards another indicating that a service or Real-World Transaction has successfully taken place. They reflect an individual's trust in the black market on this site specifically, not necessarily any other site.



  • At Smokin Mils, we have a black market section, which can be found here. Upon successful completion of a transaction or service in this section, those involved with the transaction or service may "Vouch" each other. This vouch system can be found here.

This sounds like a great system! How do I start?

  • In order to obtain vouches, like stated above, you can complete small services and transactions to get yourself started on your road to becoming successful in the Black Market. If you look in the vouches section, you will see threads with people's names. For an example, click here to see my personal vouches thread. To get a vouches thread of your own, simply make a thread labeled "*Your Name Here*'s Vouches Thread".

That sounds simple enough. What all is vouchable on these forums?

  • There are many different things you can do to earn a vouch, and some you may not even think of at first! Below is a list of all of the sections of the Black Market on Smokin Mils, and what kind of transactions within those sections you are able to give and receive vouches for. Click here to go to The Marketplace on the forums!

Buying and Selling Gold and Items

  • This is the section of the forums where you can buy and sell Runescape Gold for real life money. You can obtain vouches in this section by:


  1. Purchasing Runescape GP to an individual. No matter if you went first in the transaction or if they went first in the transaction, both parties may receive a vouch.
  2. Selling Runescape GP to an individual. No matter if you went first in the transaction or if they went first in the transaction, both parties may receive a vouch.


Services

  • It is a frequent thing for an individual to purchase a paid service from another member. These services include in-game skilling, combat services, mini-games, quests, etc. You can obtain vouches in this section of the forum by:

  1. Completing services for other members of the forums. You will receive a vouch because you have been trusted on another person's account. If the person you are doing the service for PAYS you, then you may vouch in return. In this instance, it does not matter whether you were paid first, or the individual pays you after the service is complete. Both parties may receive a vouch. If you complete a service for free, you still receive a vouch because you have been trusted on another person's account, but the person you provided a service for does not receive a vouch because they have not been trusted with anything.
  2. Requesting a service to be completed on your account, and you pay the individual. In this instance, it does not matter whether you were paid first, or the individual pays you after the service is complete. Both parties may receive a vouch. Similarly as stated above, if somebody completes a service for you free of charge, they are rewarded with a vouch because they were trusted on your account. You, however, do not receive a vouch, because you were not trusted with anything.

Membership

  • Only members with the Trusted or Highly Trusted badges may sell membership cards to other members of the forums. You can, however, still obtain a vouch if you purchase a membership card. In this instance, both parties receive vouches - You for the purchase, and the seller for the sale.
RS Names Sales

  • Runescape Name sales may ONLY BE MADE if you are selling ONLY the NAME. You may NOT sell the account, because only members with the Trusted or Highly Trusted badges may sell accounts on these forums. You can obtain vouches in this section of the Black Market by:

  1. Purchasing a Runescape Name for in-game or real life currency. In this instance, both parties may receive a vouch.
  2. Selling a Runescape Name for in-game or real life currency. In this instance, both parties may receive a vouch.

Guides

  • Members are permitted to buy and sell guides on these forums for in-game or real life currency. ***PLEASE NOTE*** You may only sell a guide for real life or in-game currency if it is verified by our guide verification team. For more information, click here. You can obtain vouches in this section of the Black Market by:

  1. Purchasing a guide for in-game or real life currency. In this instance, both parties may receive a vouch.
  2. Selling a guide for in-game or real life currency (only permitted if properly verified). In this instance, both parties may receive a vouch.

Real World Items


  • Some members have items, such as video games, trading cards, gift cards, etc. that they would like to trade for in-game currency. This is perfectly legal on these forums, and a transaction from this is vouch worthy. You can obtain vouches in this section of the Black Market by:

  1. Purchasing a real world item such as a gift card, video game, trading cards, etc. Please note that this requires you to release your personal information to another member of the forums, such as your name and address, so please deal with discretion. In this instance, both parties may receive a vouch.
  2. Selling a real world item such as a gift card, video game, trading cards, etc. In this instance, both parties may receive a vouch.

Accounts and Other Games

  • Only members with the Trusted and Highly Trusted badge may sell accounts on these forums. However, you can still earn a vouch if you purchase an account from a member with a Trusted or Highly Trusted badge. In this instance, both parties would receive a vouch.


Can I only earn vouches in the Black Market section of the forums?

  • Vouches are most commonly given in the Black Market section of the forums. However, there are a few instances where you can earn vouches outside of the Black Market. These include:

  1. Buying or Selling a graphic for in-game or real life currency. Please note that in order to obtain a vouch from purchasing a graphic, money must given to the seller in exchange for the graphic. In order to obtain a vouch from selling a graphic, money must be given to you from the buyer in exchange for the graphic.
  2. Investment banks (More information can be found here) is another great way to obtain vouches. If you meet the requirements to open up your own investment bank, you may receive vouches in return for your investors' money back. ***PLEASE NOTE*** If you invest in an investment bank, you will NOT receive a vouch, as you have not been trusted with anything.


This basically sums up the basic procedures and principles of vouches. If you feel that I left anything out, should add something, or should delete or modify something, please feel free to let me know, and I'd be glad to incorporate those changes.
rendeer Cheers! rendeer


Last edited by Dag on 12/10/2012, 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total

_____________________

avatar
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: What is a vouch?

Post by Towno on 10/10/2012, 3:54 pm

Wow very informational Dag. Im sure this will help a lot of people beginning in the black market.
I can tell you put a lot of work into this so im giving you a +rep Very Happy
avatar
Towno
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: What is a vouch?

Post by Divine on 10/10/2012, 3:56 pm

What is a +rep?

Something I just gave to Dag for his awesome work alien
avatar
Divine
Administrator
Administrator


http://merchz.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: What is a vouch?

Post by Music on 10/10/2012, 4:01 pm

Great guide dag! Smile +rep

Question though, I have never vouched the other party when they pay for my services. I've asked Lucky if I should vouch the people who paid me, and he said no, and from what I understood, the reason was because I didn't have that money before I did the service, so I didn't trust them with anything I already owned.

I have done around 9 services, and only once was I asked for a return vouch, and it seems that people don't normally expect vouches in return for paying for a service.

Can you make any clearer why I should vouch someone who paid me for a service? I've never been completely sure about this topic

P.S. Also, nice double post Razz you made two topics, I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, or if you wanted it in both sections
avatar
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: What is a vouch?

Post by Dag on 10/10/2012, 4:04 pm

Music4vr wrote:Great guide dag! Smile +rep

Question though, I have never vouched the other party when they pay for my services. I've asked Lucky if I should vouch the people who paid me, and he said no, and from what I understood, the reason was because I didn't have that money before I did the service, so I didn't trust them with anything I already owned.

I have done around 9 services, and only once was I asked for a return vouch, and it seems that people don't normally expect vouches in return for paying for a service.

Can you make any clearer why I should vouch someone who paid me for a service? I've never been completely sure about this topic

P.S. Also, nice double post Razz you made two topics, I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, or if you wanted it in both sections

It typically comes down to judgement. In my opinion, if you complete a service for them, you are trusting them that they will pay for the service you provided and not just accept the service without payment. I typically will always vouch in a situation like that. I don't believe there's a written rule.

For your P.S, yes i meant to have it in two sections since it pertains to the Vouches section, but also is appropriately fit in the Market discussion Smile

_____________________

avatar
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: What is a vouch?

Post by Music on 10/10/2012, 4:20 pm

Dag wrote:
Music4vr wrote:Great guide dag! Smile +rep

Question though, I have never vouched the other party when they pay for my services. I've asked Lucky if I should vouch the people who paid me, and he said no, and from what I understood, the reason was because I didn't have that money before I did the service, so I didn't trust them with anything I already owned.

I have done around 9 services, and only once was I asked for a return vouch, and it seems that people don't normally expect vouches in return for paying for a service.

Can you make any clearer why I should vouch someone who paid me for a service? I've never been completely sure about this topic

P.S. Also, nice double post Razz you made two topics, I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, or if you wanted it in both sections

It typically comes down to judgement. In my opinion, if you complete a service for them, you are trusting them that they will pay for the service you provided and not just accept the service without payment. I typically will always vouch in a situation like that. I don't believe there's a written rule.

For your P.S, yes i meant to have it in two sections since it pertains to the Vouches section, but also is appropriately fit in the Market discussion Smile

Hm, alright. I don't believe it deserves a vouch unless it's a large transaction (10m+) and they paid after it was done. Since it's subjective, I suppose I'll keep doing that until I'm told otherwise, or if they ask for it. Thanks!

So why didn't you sticky the other one? Razz
avatar
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: What is a vouch?

Post by Dag on 10/10/2012, 4:23 pm

http://www.smokinelite.com/f53-vouches

It is stickied Smile

_____________________

avatar
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: What is a vouch?

Post by Music on 10/10/2012, 4:24 pm

Dag wrote:http://www.smokinelite.com/f53-vouches

It is stickied Smile

Ah, wasn't when I first saw it Razz
avatar
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: What is a vouch?

Post by Daxaal on 11/10/2012, 6:28 am

I think you should also talk about how middleman affect vouches since I am not 100% sure on how vouches work with a middleman. All I've done is vouched the middleman and not the servicer


Last edited by Daxaal on 12/10/2012, 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: What is a vouch?

Post by Gummy on 11/10/2012, 12:38 pm

Daxaal wrote:I think you should also talk about how middleman affect vouches since I am not 100% sure on how vouches work with a middleman. All I've done is vouched the middleman and not the servicer

If by servicer you mean someone who has went onto your account to complete a service, they have been trusted with your account thus should be vouched.

Dag wrote:Completing services for other members of the forums. You will receive a vouch because you have been trusted on another person's account.

@Dag - The only constructive criticism I may have for this is your consistent use of making it sound guaranteed. The quote above for example: you WILL receive a vouch for it. While it is common courtesy it seems for the consumer party to do so, it's never a guarantee.

Other than that, definitely a great run-through of who, what, when, and how to vouch.
avatar
Gummy
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: What is a vouch?

Post by Dag on 11/10/2012, 1:25 pm

Gummy Bear wrote:
Dag wrote:Completing services for other members of the forums. You will receive a vouch because you have been trusted on another person's account.

@Dag - The only constructive criticism I may have for this is your consistent use of making it sound guaranteed. The quote above for example: you WILL receive a vouch for it. While it is common courtesy it seems for the consumer party to do so, it's never a guarantee.

While it's not a guarantee, i use "Will" because it is vouchable. Many servicers require vouches as some sort of payment anyways.

_____________________

avatar
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: What is a vouch?

Post by Cille on 11/10/2012, 2:08 pm

Great guide Dag <3 Good job!

Only thing to change is only (Highly) Trusted members can sell Runescape accounts. Every1 can sell other accounts, as long as they are not runescape accounts Smile

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: What is a vouch?

Post by Music on 11/10/2012, 2:47 pm

Dag wrote:
Gummy Bear wrote:
Dag wrote:Completing services for other members of the forums. You will receive a vouch because you have been trusted on another person's account.

@Dag - The only constructive criticism I may have for this is your consistent use of making it sound guaranteed. The quote above for example: you WILL receive a vouch for it. While it is common courtesy it seems for the consumer party to do so, it's never a guarantee.

While it's not a guarantee, i use "Will" because it is vouchable. Many servicers require vouches as some sort of payment anyways.

Saying "You should receive a vouch because you have been trusted on another person's account." would probably convey the likelihood of it happening, but also is less of a "guarantee" than "will receive a vouch", just a suggestion Smile
avatar
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: What is a vouch?

Post by Dag on 12/10/2012, 12:35 am

Music4vr wrote:
Dag wrote:
Gummy Bear wrote:
Dag wrote:Completing services for other members of the forums. You will receive a vouch because you have been trusted on another person's account.

@Dag - The only constructive criticism I may have for this is your consistent use of making it sound guaranteed. The quote above for example: you WILL receive a vouch for it. While it is common courtesy it seems for the consumer party to do so, it's never a guarantee.

While it's not a guarantee, i use "Will" because it is vouchable. Many servicers require vouches as some sort of payment anyways.

Saying "You should receive a vouch because you have been trusted on another person's account." would probably convey the likelihood of it happening, but also is less of a "guarantee" than "will receive a vouch", just a suggestion Smile

Fixed Smile Thanks!

_____________________

avatar
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Re: What is a vouch?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum