Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All Your Paypal Needs

+9
Warrior
wbm
2VN
Nightl0ck
spookyman166
kevin001
junkmul
Wutz
Questguy
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

All Your Paypal Needs Empty All Your Paypal Needs

Post by Chipmunk01 10/1/2013, 8:36 pm

~~All your Paypal Needs!~~

Introduction

A guide, to the precautions/steps that should to be taken to ensure a safer trade via paypal.
Paypal is an online trading service which offers nearly everyone around the world a quick and easy way to transfer money. However, when selling virtual items such as gold, its not always safe for the seller.

Part 1: Before Paypal

In order to make yourself as secure as possible, follow all of the following steps, BEFORE you give them your paypal email and/or personal details.
1. Ask if they have a vouch thread, take note of how many trades they have done, and if there has been any problems.
2. Ask them if there paypal is verified, this means they have a bank account attached to it, therefore it is unlikely to be trading with a fake account, (unless its hacked, which is unlikely).
3. Ask them for their name, it should be the exact same as their Paypal name.

If their vouch thread isn't good enough in your eyes, don't trade them. If their paypal isn't verified, don't trade them. And last but not least, if they don't give you their name, do not trade them.

Part 2: The Trade!

When using paypal I'd advise you to ONLY use a MM or make them go first, as this is the best way for the seller to be as safe as possible.
Now, before they send the cash via Paypal, tell them to:
1.Send it as *Payment Owed*
2.Obviously, make sure they send the payment as your currency, USD, AUD (United States Dollars, Australian Dollars).
3.Make sure they attach a note that says something like this: *I have received my Virtual Goods, therefore I won't chargeback the payment.*

Obviously, just like above, if they don't do those 3 things, do not accept the payment and/or refund it, and tell them why you did that.

Part 3: Paypals Time

Stop!, before you hand over the goods, there is a few things you have to check.
1. Make sure they sent the correct amount (obviously), and make sure their paypal is verified.
2. Check that it is the same name they gave you above.
3. Make sure its an actual payment not an e-check as this takes days to receive, and they're able to cancel them.

Following all these steps also makes it easier to win a chargeback.
Obviously I can't tell you what to do if you're chargebacked on this thread, as possible scammers can see this thread. But if a chargeback were to occur, send me a Forum PM, and I'd be happy to help you win it.

I love you Thanks I love you

Last edited by Chipmunk01 on 2/2/2013, 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Chipmunk01
Chipmunk01
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

All Your Paypal Needs Empty Re: All Your Paypal Needs

Post by Questguy 10/1/2013, 11:29 pm

Thanks for the guide but I would like to give my opinion here.

1. Some of the users do not trust the sellers. they won't give you their real name if that's what you want and a lot of them use fake name for rsgp trades. They would even lie to you about their real name. So it's not really good to say you will only sell if they give you their real name.

2. If you only sell to verified users then you would lose a fairly high amount of sales. Most of the users are under 18 and are unable to verify their identity on Paypal. Some of them maybe just want to buy some gold and doesn't want to link their bank with their paypal

3. I would suggest you send payment as service since what you are actually doing is virtual business. And gift/payment owned is only for family or friends etc. (I don't really know the difference between payment owned or gift. plz correct me if I am wrong )

I also just sent you a pm regarding how to deal with Chargebacks. I hope I can get a reply form you.

Thanks again for the nice guide.
Questguy
Questguy
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

http://www.powerbot.org/community/user/355042-questguy/

Back to top Go down

Post by Chipmunk01 11/1/2013, 1:20 am

Questguy wrote:Thanks for the guide but I would like to give my opinion here.

1. Some of the users do not trust the sellers. they won't give you their real name if that's what you want and a lot of them use fake name for rsgp trades. They would even lie to you about their real name. So it's not really good to say you will only sell if they give you their real name.

2. If you only sell to verified users then you would lose a fairly high amount of sales. Most of the users are under 18 and are unable to verify their identity on Paypal. Some of them maybe just want to buy some gold and doesn't want to link their bank with their paypal

3. I would suggest you send payment as service since what you are actually doing is virtual business. And gift/payment owned is only for family or friends etc. (I don't really know the difference between payment owned or gift. plz correct me if I am wrong )

I also just sent you a pm regarding how to deal with Chargebacks. I hope I can get a reply form you.

Thanks again for the nice guide.

I built this guide somewhat along the guidelines of paypal also.

1. If you use a fake name via paypal you can get in trouble, and a chance of losing all the cash on your paypal.

2. You can be under aged and make a verified paypal.

3. Payment owed = You owe someone money. Which in this case, they do.

Hope that answers your theories! Smile
Chipmunk01
Chipmunk01

Back to top Go down

Post by Wutz 12/1/2013, 5:14 pm

Awesome job Chipmunk!
+rep! Very Happy
Wutz
Wutz
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by junkmul 12/1/2013, 7:58 pm

How can people chargeback they money. And if they let paypal know they w ant their many back, will the person get his money back?

junkmul
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by kevin001 17/1/2013, 3:06 am

junkmul wrote:How can people chargeback they money. And if they let paypal know they w ant their many back, will the person get his money back?
It depends
1,If buyer use a unauthorized/stolen paypal to buy goold/items, paypal will give payment back to original paypal holder
"We have reviewed the case. The unauthorized is valid. Because you have not met Seller Protection performance requirements , the transaction will be reversed. The case is now closed."

2,If buyer use their own paypal and try to scam, paypal will investiagte it.
We have completed our investigation of the transaction below and were
unable to find evidence of unauthorized access to the buyer’s account. This
case was denied to the buyer and no funds were recovered from your account

kevin001
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

http://www.rsbuyer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyman166 23/1/2013, 7:22 am

Just dont use paypal... It will kill your business a little, yes but in the end you will avoid headaches.

Paypal is a bitch, their standard of proof for seller is in the WRONG is reasonable doubt. Virtual Items themselves are more than enough to acomplish reasonable doubt.

It doesnt matter if they write "I received my good,i Will not chargeback", this is especially true if paypal was funded with a CC as the seller is always in the wrong argument is weighted higher than buyer is a douche.

the CC company will fight paypal. The scammer need not even log into paypal. This shit is dangerous. Western Union, liberty reserve, bitcoin, bank transfer, cash in mail and buyers risk. Pretty much the only payments that should be taken for gold in the region of 100m+. otherwise its gambling.

TL;DR: Dont use paypal.

spookyman166
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Chipmunk01 23/1/2013, 6:32 pm

spookyman166 wrote:Just dont use paypal... It will kill your business a little, yes but in the end you will avoid headaches.

Paypal is a bitch, their standard of proof for seller is in the WRONG is reasonable doubt. Virtual Items themselves are more than enough to acomplish reasonable doubt.

It doesnt matter if they write "I received my good,i Will not chargeback", this is especially true if paypal was funded with a CC as the seller is always in the wrong argument is weighted higher than buyer is a douche.

the CC company will fight paypal. The scammer need not even log into paypal. This shit is dangerous. Western Union, liberty reserve, bitcoin, bank transfer, cash in mail and buyers risk. Pretty much the only payments that should be taken for gold in the region of 100m+. otherwise its gambling.

I specifically didn't write in the thread why this would be helpful, as people who scam can use this against you, you should do a little more research into that before you comment false info.
Chipmunk01
Chipmunk01

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyman166 23/1/2013, 7:42 pm

Chipmunk01 wrote:
spookyman166 wrote:Just dont use paypal... It will kill your business a little, yes but in the end you will avoid headaches.

I specifically didn't write in the thread why this would be helpful, as people who scam can use this against you, you should do a little more research into that before you comment false info.

I didn't question as to why people should write this. Having been on the receiving end of many a chargebacks, I know that this means very little to paypal, even less if the seller wants to avoid fees and use the "gift" payment. Payment Owed does have the best option of winning a chargeback, but what I am saying is that, paypal will side with the sender of the money, and scrutinize the receiver to kingdom come, especially virtual items.

spookyman166
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightl0ck 31/1/2013, 5:09 am

I have a question, If someone charges back and claims their PP was used without their consent, is there anyway I can fight this?
Nightl0ck
Nightl0ck
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by 2VN 31/1/2013, 7:53 am

On ur thread it says what to do before a chargeback, for me it has already happened, and i didnt really care about doing all the necesary steps to avoid getting cbed, because it was only 11 dollar.
On an other note, i send paypal an email like a month ago, asking if i got charged back on virtual goods what could happen. They only answered with this: Since paypal forbids to sell virtual goods, you would auto loose the case. How in the hell do some of you win the case then, if they clearly state that it is against the rules to sell virtual goods for paypal money.
Also, i received 580 dollar on paypal this week from selling rsgp. 5 Minutes after the transaction, paypal called me. They asked me if i was selling something (wich means that if i would have said yes, they would just take my money away again). I said no, it is a gift, and they said okay.

So point of my story: can a chargeback actually be won when u saying them you sold virtual goods and did really give them?

Thanksss
2VN
2VN
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by wbm 31/1/2013, 8:06 am

Chipmunk01 wrote:
2. Ask them if there paypal is verified, this means they have a bank account attached to it, therefore it is unlikely to be trading with a fake account, (unless its hacked, which is unlikely).

Just some constructive criticism here.

A verified account should still be treated with suspicion if they do not have many vouches, or any at all.

It is incredibly easy to verify a PayPal account with fake details - All it takes is a prepaid credit card where you can check the balance online to be able to enter the confirmation code PayPal give you.

If someone is verified, I still make sure they look and sound credible. I check their vouches, Google their username (often people use the same username on multiple sites). There are plenty of other things which you've covered and done a good job of Smile
wbm
wbm
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Chipmunk01 31/1/2013, 9:13 am

Nightl0ck wrote:I have a question, If someone charges back and claims their PP was used without their consent, is there anyway I can fight this?
Yes, I'll pm you this as I don't want it known by everyone.

2VN wrote:On ur thread it says what to do before a chargeback, for me it has already happened, and i didnt really care about doing all the necesary steps to avoid getting cbed, because it was only 11 dollar.
On an other note, i send paypal an email like a month ago, asking if i got charged back on virtual goods what could happen. They only answered with this: Since paypal forbids to sell virtual goods, you would auto loose the case. How in the hell do some of you win the case then, if they clearly state that it is against the rules to sell virtual goods for paypal money.
Also, i received 580 dollar on paypal this week from selling rsgp. 5 Minutes after the transaction, paypal called me. They asked me if i was selling something (wich means that if i would have said yes, they would just take my money away again). I said no, it is a gift, and they said okay.

So point of my story: can a chargeback actually be won when u saying them you sold virtual goods and did really give them?

Thanksss
Yes, depending on the way you word what you say, you can get away with it. Saying something like *I sold him an item from my computer*, would be an easy way of avoiding that, whereas saying something like *I sold him gold from an online game*, would make it much harder for you to fight that.

wbm wrote:
Chipmunk01 wrote:

Just some constructive criticism here.

A verified account should still be treated with suspicion if they do not have many vouches, or any at all.

It is incredibly easy to verify a PayPal account with fake details - All it takes is a prepaid credit card where you can check the balance online to be able to enter the confirmation code PayPal give you.

If someone is verified, I still make sure they look and sound credible. I check their vouches, Google their username (often people use the same username on multiple sites). There are plenty of other things which you've covered and done a good job of Smile

Not necessarily, a FULLY verified account will have a REAL bank account attached to it, I'll look into this but I'm pretty sure I'm correct here.
Chipmunk01
Chipmunk01

Back to top Go down

Post by wbm 31/1/2013, 10:10 am

Chipmunk01 wrote:

Not necessarily, a FULLY verified account will have a REAL bank account attached to it, I'll look into this but I'm pretty sure I'm correct here.

You can have a FULLY verified PayPal account without adding your bank account at all. At least where I am from anyways - and as this is the case for me, I am certain it will be the same for other countries as well.
wbm
wbm
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior 1/2/2013, 12:24 am

This is a very good guide,thanks Smile
Warrior
Warrior
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Chipmunk01 2/2/2013, 12:55 am

wbm wrote:
Chipmunk01 wrote:

You can have a FULLY verified PayPal account without adding your bank account at all. At least where I am from anyways - and as this is the case for me, I am certain it will be the same for other countries as well.

Was a credit card attached?
Chipmunk01
Chipmunk01

Back to top Go down

Post by wbm 2/2/2013, 8:49 am

Chipmunk01 wrote:

A prepaid one, yes. This is how people scam and get away with it. They use a prepaid card which doesn't give out any identifiable information.
wbm
wbm
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Chipmunk01 5/2/2013, 2:00 am

wbm wrote:
Chipmunk01 wrote:

A prepaid one, yes. This is how people scam and get away with it. They use a prepaid card which doesn't give out any identifiable information.

I'll look into this, thanks!
Chipmunk01
Chipmunk01

Back to top Go down

Post by spookyman166 5/2/2013, 10:03 pm

[quote="Chipmunk01"]
Nightl0ck wrote:

My paypal is fully verified since 2008 with a prepaid credit card that expired in 2009, I havent added another and its still verified.

spookyman166
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by WagerHost 6/2/2013, 7:48 am

For Paypal verification it differs for every country.

Ex. I'm from Canada and all you need to link is your bank account and you'll get it verified. But if you are from the U.S. you need to link your bank account and credit card for verification.

In the end verified Paypal doesn't add much of a "trustworthiness" to the user. Alot of times you just stick to instinct about who you're going to sell online goods to. Of course asking for verification such as ID wouldn't be too bad either
WagerHost
WagerHost
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/2/2013, 3:32 pm

Nice guide, why it isn't sticked? It is the only good guide to paypal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chipmunk01 22/2/2013, 5:18 am

unagileguth wrote:Nice guide, why it isn't sticked? It is the only good guide to paypal.

It's not my decision to sticky it, I'll ask though. Smile
Chipmunk01
Chipmunk01

Back to top Go down

Post by Chipmunk01 11/3/2013, 12:17 am

I'd like to keep this bumped higher. Smile
Chipmunk01
Chipmunk01