Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prove My Existence Within A (GeoPolitical) State

+16
Blackyy
Vertual Lord
wizardian20
JIGL0JAY
gunmage8
Muffins
Swadq
[ADMIN] Tiggy
gavonas
lgot
Gummy
attk master
Medo
Shrill
Broeder
JohnieQuest
20 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Prove My Existence Within A (GeoPolitical) State - Page 3 Empty Re: Prove My Existence Within A (GeoPolitical) State

Post by JIGL0JAY 19/5/2013, 10:33 am

[ADMIN] Tiggy wrote:Let us assume for arguments sake that you are a naturally occuring entity and that you do exist. Therefore for you to posses the cognative abilities required to respond to this post and a sustainable biological make up you must in fact exist in and belong to a minimum of two states: the liquid and solid states.

Ergo, you exist in not only one, but a minimum of two states to which it can also be said that you belong. Next retarded question please.
So you come to this thread of all threads to basically mock the entire premise?

I mean I get it, the point is not really made all that clear what type of state I exist in. But you could have at least read the thread before making your facetious post.
JIGL0JAY
JIGL0JAY
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://cliffordthecorrupt.com/

Back to top Go down

Prove My Existence Within A (GeoPolitical) State - Page 3 Empty Re: Prove My Existence Within A (GeoPolitical) State

Post by [ADMIN] Tiggy 19/5/2013, 1:26 pm

JIGL0JAY wrote:
[ADMIN] Tiggy wrote:Let us assume for arguments sake that you are a naturally occuring entity and that you do exist. Therefore for you to posses the cognative abilities required to respond to this post and a sustainable biological make up you must in fact exist in and belong to a minimum of two states: the liquid and solid states.

Ergo, you exist in not only one, but a minimum of two states to which it can also be said that you belong. Next retarded question please.

I mean I get it, the point is not really made all that clear what type of state I exist in. But you could have at least read the thread before making your facetious post.

You are making the incorrect assumption that I did not read the thread because I followed a different train of thought than everyone who posted before me. The rest of the thread has no bearing at all on my thoughts, nor should it, expecting my thoughts to be swayed by what everyone else believes simply shows an ignorance to the world.

As you said, in no way did you contextualise (rather hypocritically I might add, given your comments on other peoples threads) the responses you wanted. My response was a perfectly serious, legitimate and reasoned answer to what you were asking, if it was not what you were looking for that is your fault, not mine. However, insinuating that this is my fault for your inability to clarify is like gathering together 20 people and asking them what religion they follow, and when one of them says they are not religions, blaming them because you wanted only people who are religions but forgot to take that into account when you were gathering them and they didn't grasp this when everyone else before them answered with a religion..
[ADMIN] Tiggy
[ADMIN] Tiggy
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Swadq 19/5/2013, 6:28 pm

[ADMIN] Tiggy wrote:
JIGL0JAY wrote:

You are making the incorrect assumption that I did not read the thread because I followed a different train of thought than everyone who posted before me. The rest of the thread has no bearing at all on my thoughts, nor should it, expecting my thoughts to be swayed by what everyone else believes simply shows an ignorance to the world.

As you said, in no way did you contextualise (rather hypocritically I might add, given your comments on other peoples threads) the responses you wanted. My response was a perfectly serious, legitimate and reasoned answer to what you were asking, if it was not what you were looking for that is your fault, not mine. However, insinuating that this is my fault for your inability to clarify is like gathering together 20 people and asking them what religion they follow, and when one of them says they are not religions, blaming them because you wanted only people who are religions but forgot to take that into account when you were gathering them and they didn't grasp this when everyone else before them answered with a religion..
+1 I like this
Swadq
Swadq
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://swadq.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JIGL0JAY 19/5/2013, 7:39 pm

[ADMIN] Tiggy wrote:You are making the incorrect assumption that I did not read the thread because I followed a different train of thought than everyone who posted before me. The rest of the thread has no bearing at all on my thoughts, nor should it, expecting my thoughts to be swayed by what everyone else believes simply shows an ignorance to the world.
You equate reading through the thread for the true premise (which is hinted at when "THAT I BELONG TO A STATE/GOVERNMENT/ETC." is stated in large, bold, red font) with ignorance. Now THAT is entirely laughable. This isn't to say that you haven't read my posts, but your post seems to indicate that you chose not to.

[ADMIN] Tiggy wrote:As you said, in no way did you contextualise (rather hypocritically I might add, given your comments on other peoples threads) the responses you wanted. My response was a perfectly serious, legitimate and reasoned answer to what you were asking, if it was not what you were looking for that is your fault, not mine.
It is not hypocritical to leave a topic post as the header and have subsequent posts clarify. As long as the subject matter is clarified. It is not as if my post was confusing or misleading, it simply was open to interpretation. Oddly enough, I also added a section that said if you didn't read my posts following, you would be laughed at. How, then, does it feel that you lack the reading comprehension to even bother to understand the premise.

[ADMIN] Tiggy wrote:However, insinuating that this is my fault for your inability to clarify is like gathering together 20 people and asking them what religion they follow, and when one of them says they are not religions, blaming them because you wanted only people who are religions but forgot to take that into account when you were gathering them and they didn't grasp this when everyone else before them answered with a religion..
I'm going to assume that you really didn't think that through. Again, I point out that my entire premise was laid out in the subsequent posts to the topic and direction was pushed during the course of the thread. Your comparison falls short because even in the discussion that would follow about religion, a lack of religion (whether it be through agnosticism or anti-theism) is also a claim even if the claim is a suspension or lack of belief.

A better comparison would be that of a discussion of god in regards to religion (with monotheism not being brought up) that ended up leading towards a discussion of Abrahamic religions when you come in to discuss polytheistic religions. While you're right that the subject matter is not pointed out in the beginning its continued into other posts and with absolutely no premise (the entire purpose of the thread), your ignorance of discussed subject matter shows through.

For your sake, I added "political" to the title since flippancy is obviously not beyond you.

But let me entertain your point, purely for the sake of not making yet another off topic post in this thread (and thank you, Swadq, for your insightful commentary. Who knew that going "+1" on a post was good discussion!

[ADMIN] Tiggy wrote:Let us assume for arguments sake that you are a naturally occuring entity and that you do exist.
We're not discussing metaphysics, so its okay you don't need to assume anything of the sort.

[ADMIN] Tiggy wrote:Therefore for you to posses the cognative abilities required to respond to this post and a sustainable biological make up you must in fact exist in and belong to a minimum of two states: the liquid and solid states. Ergo, you exist in not only one, but a minimum of two states to which it can also be said that you belong.
How technical would you like to be with this? Can I get a citation on how I'm both a liquid and a solid? It would appear that I'm a semi-solid, because a cup full of water is not a solid and a liquid, it is a solid CONTAINING a liquid.

[ADMIN] Tiggy wrote:Next retarded question please.
Funny, I don't remember asking a question and your post brings more questions than answers.
JIGL0JAY
JIGL0JAY
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffins 20/5/2013, 12:57 pm

JIGL0JAY wrote:
[ADMIN] Tiggy wrote:Next retarded question please.
Funny, I don't remember asking a question and your post brings more questions than answers.

I do hate to butt in, but if he came to this thread through the link in your signature, then yes, you did in fact ask a question.
Muffins
Muffins
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by JIGL0JAY 20/5/2013, 1:10 pm

Muffins wrote:I do hate to butt in, but if he came to this thread through the link in your signature, then yes, you did in fact ask a question.
My, my, pedantry never ceases does it? Edited.

Can we please move the conversation back on topic?
JIGL0JAY
JIGL0JAY
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by wizardian20 21/5/2013, 8:51 pm

JIGL0JAY wrote:
Muffins wrote:I do hate to butt in, but if he came to this thread through the link in your signature, then yes, you did in fact ask a question.
My, my, pedantry never ceases does it? Edited.

Can we please move the conversation back on topic?

So when someone proves you wrong they are labeled a pedantic simply because they dare challenge you? ...teach me this way of life O humble and divine master. Or wait, you're presumably all booked by devout and admiring pupils, no? Let me know next time you can step away from the pretentiousness.
wizardian20
wizardian20
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by JIGL0JAY 21/5/2013, 10:42 pm

wizardian20 wrote:So when someone proves you wrong they are labeled a pedantic simply because they dare challenge you?
We must not be reading the same thread. Tiggy used an alternate definition that I wasn't using to try to prove my existence. His answer was correct in that it fulfilled requirements of proof, but it wasn't on topic of what the thread had in mind. The question being asked was simply "can you". This is pedantry because it's the only question that links to this thread, and he never truly answered the question (which is a yes or no).

wizardian20 wrote:Let me know next time you can step away from the pretentiousness.
Let me know next time you step away from the thesaurus when you step up to post. I'll be waiting for an actual coherent argument from you one of these days. The fact that you came to not one but two of my threads to basically throw insults at me makes me worried that you might start becoming obsessed.
JIGL0JAY
JIGL0JAY
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffins 21/5/2013, 10:49 pm

Guys.. oh my god. Get back on topic please. My post was a joke, and I'm pretty sure Jig knew that Razz I've already completely failed this thread with my first post, so yeah. Topic. Back on it now.
Muffins
Muffins

Back to top Go down

Post by wizardian20 22/5/2013, 10:07 pm

Muffins wrote:Guys.. oh my god. Get back on topic please. My post was a joke, and I'm pretty sure Jig knew that Razz I've already completely failed this thread with my first post, so yeah. Topic. Back on it now.

Who told you you've already completely failed this thread with your first post? Perhaps another joke with Jig, but the underlying theme still remains.

Jig, a thesaurus? The best rejoinder you can conjure up is that my vocabulary is what, better than average? That being the presumption, it is nonetheless not the case, as my vocabulary very nearly mimics someone with the same background as myself- no more, no less. I hardly consider the word pretentious itself to be more than elementary level vocabulary, probably something you learned back in grade school along side your reasoning skills.

Moreover, obsession? Ha, that would suggest that I care for or about you or your productions? Well, in short, I do, very much so. I'm delighted to see a piece I can throw in your face. Yes, I'm fully aware of how someone like you thinks, to. Answer me honestly, you've never taken a grain of hurt from anything I threw your way, have you? You're too competent, some might say. Your brain rewords dissertations of arguments of your shortcomings into fodder for comebacks before finishing the theses of the works, suggesting one of two miserable outcomes for you. These, I'm sure you're aware of, if you have studied what you claim to have studied.

Let me ask you another sincere question. If I told you the old pointless adage-esque heap of shit that goes something like "Can God Make a Rock So Large, Even He Can't Lift It?" how would you respond to that?
wizardian20
wizardian20
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gunmage8 22/5/2013, 10:40 pm

Umm, as a usual bystandered of these threads and reading them, i really think we should get back on topic cause i find this interesting. Cause honestly i would be fine with asking my polititicans this and start a riot saying that they can't tax me Very Happy
gunmage8
gunmage8
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by wizardian20 23/5/2013, 3:21 am

gunmage8 wrote:Umm, as a usual bystandered of these threads and reading them, i really think we should get back on topic cause i find this interesting. Cause honestly i would be fine with asking my polititicans this and start a riot saying that they can't tax me Very Happy

Beautiful interpretation, however there are no free lunches in this world. No taxes? Great. Alright, no body can say they own something that's always been in existence, no removal of piece of property. Home? Contractor drove on government roads to get to your house, nix it. Car, hah, you know already. Peace of mind, what some might call the most important? Gone. In fact, you've just been shot. Unnamed criminal has no reason not to rob you now. You're dead.

I can't wait to see the enlightening critique I get on this bad boy
wizardian20
wizardian20
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by JIGL0JAY 23/5/2013, 8:33 am

wizardian20 wrote:Beautiful interpretation, however there are no free lunches in this world.
Ironic that you say this trying to defend taxes.

wizardian20 wrote:No taxes? Great. Alright, no body can say they own something that's always been in existence, no removal of piece of property.
What does that even mean? No taxes = No property? With taxes being theft of property, I don't think you quite understand the non agression principle or what private property truly means.

wizardian20 wrote:Peace of mind, what some might call the most important? Gone. In fact, you've just been shot. Unnamed criminal has no reason not to rob you now. You're dead.
No taxes = No police? I didn't realize that the police required funding by theft.

Those are your only two opinions here so far. And the funny bit is, I already addressed those points earlier in the thread. Seriously man, I think you need to just take a step out of this thread. You've proven NOTHING and only disgraced the rest of the users in this thread who had to read your posts. Unless you can prove my existence in a geopolitical state, you're only picking fights with straw men.

Gunmage brings up a legitimate claim and I will repeat the argument I've made before:
I live on this continent. It has existed long before governments have. What claim does a government have to the ground I currently live on other than "what I say goes"? And before you claim that I'm attacking private property rights: The government is an idea and an idea cannot own property. The arbitrary borders that countries have made up are not legal claims to my earned money.
JIGL0JAY
JIGL0JAY
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by wizardian20 23/5/2013, 11:39 am

Taxes fund everything you see, literally everything. Tell me one thing, private or otherwise, that didn't evolve from a tax-funded program.

Private property, the land itself, is a gray area, something I might agree with you on. The government has no more right to tax so as to pay for a road they lay on land that isn't their own, however they are allowed to do so because the 'government' is an agreement of those living on or around the road, funded by the people living on or around the road. I think your understanding of what a government body is is a bit off.

No taxes quite literally means no police. Who else is going to pay them? You can have a private security group, call it, Al Qaeda, but the issue still remains you have no reason not to be robbed. Your money only takes you so far, versus the pool of money that taxes aggregate to defend. Once your Al Qaeda is all slaughtered and your money and good grace is all used up, you'll be shot in the streets, in your "home" even. You must have a warped perception of man if you believe otherwise.

Government is no more an idea than you or I. In fact, ironically, it is you AND I. I'm astonished you don't seem to follow that principal, it's been a long time since the era of the fight against "the man." Regardless of whether or not you or I literally are government, making the sweeping policies ourselves, is irrelevant when you consider that you are no more a human, no less, than those that do make such policies.

I also find it ironic that you bring forth the claim that the rest of the posters on the forum prove nothing, when you yourself, OP or not, haven't shown any insight into the situation at hand, correct or otherwise. Shit man maybe I missed something, but I don't see any kind of title next to your name, badge of honor, placing you in the position you've deemed your own.
wizardian20
wizardian20
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gunmage8 23/5/2013, 12:40 pm

wizardian20 wrote:Taxes fund everything you see, literally everything. Tell me one thing, private or otherwise, that didn't evolve from a tax-funded program.
Now its time for me to get involved Very Happy
So you claim that I can't tell you one thing that didn't evolve from tax-funded program. Well my dear friend did the dinasouras have taxes? Now before you say that is completely irrelevent let me explain to you why it isn't. The dinasouras ruled the earth for 100's of millions of years. If you take our time period and match it up with them we have been here as long as a blink of an eye lasts.

wizardian20 wrote:Private property, the land itself, is a gray area, something I might agree with you on. The government has no more right to tax so as to pay for a road they lay on land that isn't their own, however they are allowed to do so because the 'government' is an agreement of those living on or around the road, funded by the people living on or around the road. I think your understanding of what a government body is is a bit off.
I believe that you are thinking of a perfect democratic government. In which even through this instance you are wrong. A political party can win the election with LESS THEN 49% of the vote and still get elected. Now doesn't that mean that MORE THEN half the country doesn't agree with it yet it still happens? If this is true then the "government" is not an agreement of those living on or around the road. "Perfect democratic governments" they are very uncommon so lets go around the world a bit and see how the other governments function. China, Nigeria, the USSR, North Korea. All of these countries are run by 1 political party and do not have the agreement of the people to rule. So does that make it okay for them to require the people with less power then the government to have to pay taxes?
wizardian20 wrote:No taxes quite literally means no police. Who else is going to pay them? You can have a private security group, call it, Al Qaeda, but the issue still remains you have no reason not to be robbed. Your money only takes you so far, versus the pool of money that taxes aggregate to defend. Once your Al Qaeda is all slaughtered and your money and good grace is all used up, you'll be shot in the streets, in your "home" even. You must have a warped perception of man if you believe otherwise.
Here i will slightly agree with you on the no taxes = no police because our "government" funds them. However the police is just a group of regular citizens trained to get others to follow the laws that the "government" has set up for us. Lets use an example where the "government" does not fund the police. In mexico the government gives the police enough money so that they can pay for food but not enough so that they can live. Because of this the drug cartel decides that they would like to help pay for the police so they can at least survive. In return for being safe from the "government", now are the police really a good guy because they are just following rules that they were told to enforce? So can you explain to me kind sir, how nobody could just come in my home and rob me. Can you explain to me how the police are protecting me now?

wizardian20 wrote:Government is no more an idea than you or I. In fact, ironically, it is you AND I. I'm astonished you don't seem to follow that principal, it's been a long time since the era of the fight against "the man." Regardless of whether or not you or I literally are government, making the sweeping policies ourselves, is irrelevant when you consider that you are no more a human, no less, than those that do make such policies.
I have already answered your question in my 2nd paragraph Very Happy
gunmage8
gunmage8
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by JIGL0JAY 23/5/2013, 6:14 pm

wizardian20 wrote:Taxes fund everything you see, literally everything. Tell me one thing, private or otherwise, that didn't evolve from a tax-funded program.
You're arguing the necessity of taxes when I'm arguing that taxes have no legal basis. This is a different thread entirely.

gunmage8 wrote:The dinasouras ruled the earth for 100's of millions of years. If you take our time period and match it up with them we have been here as long as a blink of an eye lasts.
The subject matter he was referencing was not necessarily living beings, but collective community projects (businesses, projects, etc). Just wanted to clarify.

wizardian20 wrote:Private property, the land itself, is a gray area, something I might agree with you on. The government has no more right to tax so as to pay for a road they lay on land that isn't their own, however they are allowed to do so because the 'government' is an agreement of those living on or around the road, funded by the people living on or around the road. I think your understanding of what a government body is is a bit off.
If the government is an agreement, then why was I not a part of it? Why have I signed no contracts, committed myself to no groups, and yet still am forced to pay taxes to the IRS under duress? If I refuse to pay taxes because I believe I am not actually a part of the collective that believes in government, I am thrown in prison. I was born onto this specific continent but others would say that I should leave if I don't want to pay taxes. But this is silly, because I was born here. Just being born does not make me committed to "society" (also a social construct) to pay anything of my earnings.

wizardian20 wrote:No taxes quite literally means no police. Who else is going to pay them? You can have a private security group, call it, Al Qaeda, but the issue still remains you have no reason not to be robbed. Your money only takes you so far, versus the pool of money that taxes aggregate to defend. Once your Al Qaeda is all slaughtered and your money and good grace is all used up, you'll be shot in the streets, in your "home" even. You must have a warped perception of man if you believe otherwise.
If you expect me to touch your blatant goading with a 10 foot pole, you're gonna be disappointed.

Government is no more an idea than you or I. In fact, ironically, it is you AND I. I'm astonished you don't seem to follow that principal, it's been a long time since the era of the fight against "the man." Regardless of whether or not you or I literally are government, making the sweeping policies ourselves, is irrelevant when you consider that you are no more a human, no less, than those that do make such policies.

wizardian20 wrote:I also find it ironic that you bring forth the claim that the rest of the posters on the forum prove nothing, when you yourself, OP or not, haven't shown any insight into the situation at hand, correct or otherwise. Shit man maybe I missed something, but I don't see any kind of title next to your name, badge of honor, placing you in the position you've deemed your own.
Well you see, I'm not actually proving anything. The entire point of this thread is that I'm not proving anything. I believe that the geopolitical state doesn't exist, and you're asking ME to show insight? I'm merely asking questions and responding to proof with logic and reason. I had no idea I was forced to prove a negative in this thread.

wizardian20 wrote:Government is no more an idea than you or I.
Oh look, you turn to metaphysics to describe government. Let me explain a concept to you:

In my hand is a bowl. This bowl is considered a concrete object, its existence being inferred because I can perceive it. There is no further proof needed. It is concrete, and therefore exists due to being able to visualize it.

A government is an aggregate concept (that is, a group of people subscribing to the belief it exists), but not concrete. There is no way to say "these people are the government". Which leads me to your next point:

wizardian20 wrote:In fact, ironically, it is you AND I.
I don't see irony in mistaking groups of people as an aggregate concept. The problem with saying "it is you and I" means that you are defining government as groups of people, which means that I could easily say that I wish to be a sovereign government due to my own existence and by being of legal capacity to do so.

wizardian20 wrote:I'm astonished you don't seem to follow that principal, it's been a long time since the era of the fight against "the man."
I don't understand what you're trying to imply here. Are you saying that you're shocked that there are people out there that are against the government? If so, you're in for a surprise because anarchists and libertarians have been around since the founding of the US.

wizardian20 wrote:Regardless of whether or not you or I literally are government, making the sweeping policies ourselves, is irrelevant when you consider that you are no more a human, no less, than those that do make such policies.
That means absolutely nothing to me, and the fact that you would try to undermine my position of disbelief by saying that "we're only human" is completely disgusting.

Joseph Stalin was "only human"
Pol Pot was "only human"
Mao Zedong was "only human"
Genghis Khan was "only human"

Are you to say that government exists because we're "only human"? In that case, does that mean religion also exists because we're "only human"? That's complete trite garbage.
JIGL0JAY
JIGL0JAY
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by wizardian20 23/5/2013, 6:48 pm

I think the both of you have misunderstood quite a good bit of my posts, and I of yours, perhaps it is in the best interest of all of us to recognize that this thread circumnavigates human intelligence as much as the point I brought up earlier.

I know I cannot explain why you were born as you, no point in trying.
wizardian20
wizardian20
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by JIGL0JAY 23/5/2013, 7:32 pm

wizardian20 wrote:I know I cannot explain why you were born as you, no point in trying.
Well I'll tell you right now that you brought absolutely nothing to the table except confusion and your points were not well met.

Sorry to hear that you couldn't actually prove anything.
JIGL0JAY
JIGL0JAY
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by wizardian20 23/5/2013, 9:13 pm

I like hearing you say that people brought nothing, that phrase is truly a fresh breath of air coming from you. Wink

You must give yourself credit, you've obviously defeated me with your superior intellect and reasoning skills.

Must be a rough existence at the top. Hey, out of curiosity, could YOU tell me how I came to be born as I was? Please don't be PEDANTIC enough to call forth anatomic references and such, you know what I mean.

wizardian20
wizardian20
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by JIGL0JAY 23/5/2013, 9:35 pm

wizardian20 wrote:could YOU tell me how I came to be born as I was? Please don't be PEDANTIC enough to call forth anatomic references and such, you know what I mean.
The problem is, the birthing process is a real thing. You exist, and your mother existed. Your mother gave birth to you through a process that happens in nature.

You cannot claim that your birth is the same as the government. It's like comparing whales and rocks. They're not even close to the same thing.

And my reference to being pedantic was because Muffins was discussing the fact that I had asked a question in my signature but my thread poses no questions about the state of matter, it is a question of whether one can prove my existence in a state. You seem to have your backstory completely confused. Please try again.

And please prove my existence within a geopolitical state. I really want to know if I do.
JIGL0JAY
JIGL0JAY
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by wizardian20 24/5/2013, 1:57 am

I think you're taking one too many things out of context, perhaps intentionally, so I won't waste my time explaining the unnecessary.

I'm in no way comparing birth to government, it is a subconcept that may be related to government for which I would like an answer from you. Knowing your answer allows me to answer your question more accurately.

There is no way for you to explain how I came to be born as I was, the mind set as it is now. My existence is real based on perception as is my mother's and the birthing process, assuming it all truly exists you still cannot give any reason as to why my mind didn't go into someone else's body. It seems to be that it is entirely genetics considering the birthing process, however what portion of ascertained information my parents aggregated throughout their lives was passed on, what wasn't, and why? This all forms the mind, the being, the human, the existence, the soul, the whatever the hell you want to call it.

I would assume your view is different from my own on the above point meaning it is pointless to use the argument I was thinking of to prove your existence within a geopolitical state.
wizardian20
wizardian20
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vertual Lord 16/7/2013, 9:04 pm

You can't be sure of all this.
Someone stated you are there, in that state, and are located there.
Not even accurate, it might as well be false honestly. Even if you think you are located in a state, you might just not be.

When we die, we relive our entire life again in our mind as if it was a second life, and for the person dying it seems like it is as long as the length of your life again. If you die at 70 years of age, just before you die, you will relive everything and for you it will seem like 70 years of time again. However, for other people it seems like a few seconds up to a minute.

Who says you are not actually located in the United States of America at this very moment, but you are in fact located say in Europe, or even on Mars and you are just reliving this entire moment on your own. In fact, I myself might as well just be dying as for now, even though I think I'm typing this. Maybe I'm just reliving this scenario, and I already typed this in the past. We will never be able to tell.

Maybe you are about to quit existing, maybe you do exist, maybe you are located in the US, maybe you are not, maybe you are alive, maybe you are about to die. Nothing to be sure of, so nothing to prove your location and/or existence.

I rest my case.

Vertual Lord
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by JIGL0JAY 17/7/2013, 12:25 am

Vertual Lord wrote:Someone stated you are there, in that state, and are located there.
Not even accurate, it might as well be false honestly. Even if you think you are located in a state, you might just not be.

I feel as though you're drifting into metaphysics.

Vertual Lord wrote:When we die, we relive our entire life again in our mind as if it was a second life, and for the person dying it seems like it is as long as the length of your life again. If you die at 70 years of age, just before you die, you will relive everything and for you it will seem like 70 years of time again. However, for other people it seems like a few seconds up to a minute.

What the hell does this have to do with right now in the observable, tangible existence right now in regards to geopolitics? I'm wagering nothing, so please stop.

Vertual Lord wrote:Who says you are not actually located in the United States of America at this very moment, but you are in fact located say in Europe, or even on Mars and you are just reliving this entire moment on your own.

Because currently I reside within the arbitrary boundaries of an island located within a defined ocean ("Pacific") and this island is included in the land mass with arbitrary boundaries referred to as "The United States". Again note my use of arbitrary, as I am arguing that the existence of these boundaries is null due to the fact that an IDEA cannot own land even though I am paying money to a group of people who believe in an idea I do not share a part of.

Vertual Lord wrote:I rest my case.

In other words, you didn't read the topic and you basically proved nothing. Thank you.
JIGL0JAY
JIGL0JAY
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vertual Lord 17/7/2013, 9:10 am

JIGL0JAY wrote: In other words, you didn't read the topic and you basically proved nothing. Thank you.

Actually you are right... I just realized there was more than 1 page Embarassed 
Sorry 'bout that. Rolling Eyes 

Vertual Lord
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackyy 19/7/2013, 6:20 am

I think the best answer would be that it is impossible before we get the ultimate knowledge which would mean us knowing how we were created, how the earth was created, how the universe was created.
Knowing that universe is almost if not infinite, it is impossible for me to prove such thing.
I mean I can prove myself that I am alive because at the moment I am moving, breathing, etc but I do not even know what the fuck I am doing in this world.
In fact I have never been in any other person then me so it is impossible for me to prove that you guys exist.
For a fact, I could have been lied since I first started living and Australia and the Universe does not exist as I have never visited them.
I hope this statemenet did not help because to be honest I wondered the same thing when in my philosophy classes and it scared me as fuck.

Blackyy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next