Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

07' vs. EOC

+8
playcold
Legendpk
antdemo
Broeder
Julij2
Cille
Warrior
Jesse R.
12 posters

Go down

07' vs. EOC Empty 07' vs. EOC

Post by Jesse R. 25/2/2013, 6:46 am

So I've been playing 07' for a few days now, it's pretty awesome. Smile

The only problem I have at the moment now though, is that well, people are really overrating these servers.

I constantly hear "eoc sucks" and it makes me wonder, is EOC really that bad?

I mean think about it, EOC brings us; Godwars; Dungeoneering; a 3500+ item list; better graphics; and constant updates that never keep any content too dry/boring.

In the contrary, 07' Runescape brings us into the middle of Jagex's Development, with the nostalgic interface's and just the perfect amount of updates to give it that "old school touch." It also includes the old-fashioned wildy, which in its own respects, deserves a lot of recognition. I don't think there is one player on RS that hated the old Wilderness.

So with such strong variety and diversity within both of these servers, I really wonder, what really is there to hate about them?

I think Jagex has done a great job with both of the games.

But I wanna hear from you guys.

Thoughts/Discuss cheers

Jesse R.
Jesse R.
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

07' vs. EOC Empty Re: 07' vs. EOC

Post by Warrior 25/2/2013, 8:55 am

07 is nostalgia but EoC is overall better
Warrior
Warrior
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille 25/2/2013, 1:19 pm

I prefer EOC, I got bored of 2k7 really fast and I don't get why people still play it. I mean I get it's good memories, but all of the things I used to love in the game is post 2007. Examples; God wars, Dungeoneering, Summoning etc.

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 25/2/2013, 1:21 pm

I prefer 2007. You actually had to work back then to gain something.

Now you can do pretty much everything with little focus.
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille 25/2/2013, 1:29 pm

Julij2 wrote:I prefer 2007. You actually had to work back then to gain something.

Now I understand this, and I agree with it, and I do miss the way you had to train to actually gain something, but I also miss the things that I found to be fun, back then, before I joined SM, I'd get maybe 1-2 levels, then I'd reward myself with a day full of PVM. Now with this, I can do that, yay go to chaos elemental, yay go to kalphite queen? Not really that fun compared to other things like Nex, Sara, Arma.

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 25/2/2013, 1:32 pm

EoC doesnt suck, people just dont like it.

But dont expect people to be able to make see that difference, i have seen that plenty of rs players think their opinions are facts and everyone who disagrees is a @#%^%$% Smile
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by antdemo 25/2/2013, 1:40 pm

I prefer 2007-2010 pking, just before the glacors because of the armadyl staff was to overpowerd , anyway, I like rs now but prefer pking 2007 and I guess that's what I enjoyed most.
antdemo
antdemo
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 25/2/2013, 1:54 pm

Cille wrote:
Julij2 wrote:I prefer 2007. You actually had to work back then to gain something.

Now I understand this, and I agree with it, and I do miss the way you had to train to actually gain something, but I also miss the things that I found to be fun, back then, before I joined SM, I'd get maybe 1-2 levels, then I'd reward myself with a day full of PVM. Now with this, I can do that, yay go to chaos elemental, yay go to kalphite queen? Not really that fun compared to other things like Nex, Sara, Arma.

I agree with you. There are certainly way more things to do in EoC and that's a big plus.

But I just didn't like the change the game got with EoC. Everything seems so different then the RS I enjoyed to play. The only thing that keeps me going is my max cape even though I don't enjoy it as I used to.

I'm just worried what will future bring us. Sure the game has to develop over time but I'd still prefer that some things would remain unchanged like the combat machine. But I guess at the end it just comes to each person's preferences.
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Legendpk 25/2/2013, 3:40 pm

The only reason I actually do love playing 07 is because it's not like when you start a new account these days:
You go to the GE, buy the stuff you need and start with a couple mils or so and get it going. This is at least the real game in which you have to do everything and work for it to gain what you want to reach Smile
Legendpk
Legendpk
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by playcold 25/2/2013, 3:51 pm

I like 2007 and will continue playing it while others do, i like the idea of collecting your own stuff and not being able to just buy whatever weapons and armour you like and the community when training things which you don't get in eoc. However i think eoc is better, the updates since 2007 are huge and have added so much to the game that 2007 rs just doesn't offer - i expect the sense of nostalgia will wear off after a while and most people will return to eoc.
playcold
playcold
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille 25/2/2013, 4:36 pm

playcold wrote:I like 2007 and will continue playing it while others do, i like the idea of collecting your own stuff and not being able to just buy whatever weapons and armour you like and the community when training things which you don't get in eoc. However i think eoc is better, the updates since 2007 are huge and have added so much to the game that 2007 rs just doesn't offer - i expect the sense of nostalgia will wear off after a while and most people will return to eoc.

This is exactly what I meant, apart from the playing it part ;p but yes I agree 100%, I do not agree with how they changed the combat system and all, but yes, otherwise what I think about the current game is that it is completely fine as it is.
Yes, I do feel cheated because I worked a lot harder, than some1 who didnt play untill 2011-2012, but the game needs to move on, and so should we Smile

A lot of things that I do not like about the 2k7 thing, is that people are like "omg, so many memories" they should stay memories imo, because then you will remember the GREAT things, rather than the good things. People will notice soon enough it is not the same, the community has changed and that is what made the game great back then. The community.

That is my point of view, and to comment on what Broeder said; People are fine to have their opinion, im just sharing mine Smile

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Easy 28/2/2013, 3:04 am

I don't think the 2k7 hype will last. Mainly PKers like it.
I mean, yes, old memories were great. But what made the memories great was learning the ropes and the community. It was like, you mine clay for 50GP, then you discover iron ore is 200GP and OMG, you can be rich now. (I don't even remember the prices back then... but that's besides the point).

Even if EoC players go back to 07scape, they're still experienced players who knows how to level, how to play, etc. And it's the community. Back in F2P, I talk to 2-5 people a day and nowadays, I solo boss/train slay/level skills and I barely have the time or patience to talk to people. Nor do I tend to meet any experienced players who are into socializing.

For me, I didn't even start Runescape until late 2008, almost 2009. So I'm not all too interested in pre-GE and pre-summoning.

Nostalgia dies fast.
Easy
Easy
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Barbs 28/2/2013, 5:08 am

Personally I like EoC much better, in fact I got bored of '07 servers in ~3 hours. I understand why people want to play it (because a PKing community actually exists), but I don't enjoy the rate of XP, as well as the community. People say the community got better with '07 servers, but when I got on all I found were a bunch of wannabe '07 veterans asking how to make their screen resizable.

I don't have any prejudice against 2007 players, and I look forward to some epic PK videos that will undoubtedly come from this community, but I will not be playing it myself as I tend to enjoy RS for the game itself rather than a PvP environment similar to CoD, minus the fact that it takes months to get stats good enough to PK on RS and it takes ~30 seconds to turn my Xbox on and play CoD.

One thing I don't like that came from the 2007 servers is the community divide. It's a fact, everyone in the '07 servers trash talks the live game and people who play it. This needs to stop, the fact is both are good games, just made for different types of players. We need to unite as a community rather than split over these two servers. Unfortunately, I've only met a few people who think this divide is more harmful than helpful.
Barbs
Barbs
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by JIGL0JAY 28/2/2013, 5:23 am

Barbs wrote:it takes months to get stats good enough to PK on RS and it takes ~30 seconds to turn my Xbox on and play CoD.

07' vs. EOC Wat10

Barbs wrote:We need to unite as a community rather than split over these two servers.

That's a joke. There's a reason games like "Project 2006" and other private servers got hundreds of thousands of players. They wanted 317, not 562+. I don't think it's a problem if people on 2007RS hate EoC players. Why? Because regardless, the 2007 players have to pay for the EoC because we won't hit 750k votes. Meanwhile, if the EoC players hate the 2007 players, they can justify their hate by saying "we don't want to be paying to support them".
JIGL0JAY
JIGL0JAY
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://cliffordthecorrupt.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartstop123 28/2/2013, 5:28 am

OP is banned, locked.
Heartstop123
Heartstop123
Grandmaster (2000 posts)