Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecraft Mac Problems

2 posters

Go down

Minecraft Mac Problems Empty Minecraft Mac Problems

Post by Quercus 12/5/2013, 9:46 am

How can I play Minecraft on a Mac, every time I attempt to play the browser demo on Safari, Chrome or Mozilla it just crashes/won't load. I know Safari Isn't compatible with the current Java software, any suggestions as to how I can play this awesome game on a Mac.
Quercus
Quercus
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Mac Problems Empty Re: Minecraft Mac Problems

Post by gunmage8 12/5/2013, 3:30 pm

So when I started playing Minecraft I had the same problem. What will probably help you is to download the client. What you want to do is go to the minecraft website. Then on the right hand side it will say Play Minecraft. Right under that it will say In browser or Download. You will want to hit download. It is completely safe and I hope I was able to help you. Have fun playing Minecraft.
gunmage8
gunmage8
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Quercus 12/5/2013, 3:50 pm

gunmage8 wrote:So when I started playing Minecraft I had the same problem. What will probably help you is to download the client. What you want to do is go to the minecraft website. Then on the right hand side it will say Play Minecraft. Right under that it will say In browser or Download. You will want to hit download. It is completely safe and I hope I was able to help you. Have fun playing Minecraft.

Hi thanks for taking the time to reply, I've tried this too but get the “Minecraft” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash." message. Really frustrating me now.
Quercus
Quercus
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Quercus 12/5/2013, 3:52 pm

Fixed it Very Happy

Description: On Apple OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), the error ""Minecraft" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the trash" is received. This is caused by Apple's Gatekeeper software.

Solution: In System Preferences, select Security & Privacy and click the lock icon that reads "Click the lock to make changes.". Then set "Allow applications downloaded from: 'Mac App Store and identified developers'" to "Anywhere". Start Minecraft.app. Once running, if you'd like, you may reset Gatekeeper to "Mac App Store and identified developers". Alternatively, you can right-click Minecraft.app and select "Open". You'll be presented with a confirmation dialog. You only have to do this once; afterwards you'll be able to double-click and run Minecraft.app without the above steps.
Quercus
Quercus
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down