Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desktop Assistance

4 posters

Go down

Desktop Assistance Empty Desktop Assistance

Post by Ruins 30/6/2013, 2:49 am

Hey All,

I was having an issue about a month ago with my computer only staying on for about 5 minutes, left it alone for about a month and finally had a chance to look at it, and did some research. Found out the CPU fan had some snaps loose so the CPU wasn't getting the cooling like it should. I have replaced that, and now I have another issue... The computer will not start, it just continues to reboot itself within 5 seconds of turning it on.

Anyone have any ideas?
Ruins
Ruins
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Desktop Assistance Empty Re: Desktop Assistance

Post by Minato 30/6/2013, 10:48 am

I do not want to be a wise ass but have you re checked the connection. Check for loose screws etc.
I tend to start with the obvious...

EDIT: It might be the fact that you do not have a fan plugged into the CPU header.Some motherboards will not boot without detecting that the CPU fan is plugged in to prevent burning up the CPU.
EDIT2: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruins 30/6/2013, 2:40 pm

Its possible but unlikely, since it was working a month ago and the only change was the CPU fan. The CPU fan does startup, so its working fine. I'll go back through the top 20 list you have submitted and see if that helps. Thanks for the link.
Ruins
Ruins
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 30/6/2013, 5:09 pm

You played too much Bioshock Infinite so your PSU died. Very Happy My dad had the same problem the other day, turned out to be his PSU
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Minato 1/7/2013, 5:49 pm

Ruins wrote:Its possible but unlikely, since it was working a month ago and the only change was the CPU fan. The CPU fan does startup, so its working fine. I'll go back through the top 20 list you have submitted and see if that helps. Thanks for the link.

Also if your computer makes beeping noises then research your motherboards POST codes (power-on self-test). That could lead you to the right direction.

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruins 5/7/2013, 8:19 pm

Haha I wish Tuff, you was supposed to message me when you beat it!!! Yeah I know about the beeps, unfotunately I am not getting any Sad
Ruins
Ruins
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 6/7/2013, 2:34 am

Ruins wrote:Haha I wish Tuff, you was supposed to message me when you beat it!!! Yeah I know about the beeps, unfotunately I am not getting any Sad

*Hasn't even started* Rolling Eyes 
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by cntr 6/7/2013, 6:44 pm

you may have fried your cpu when the fan broke
cntr
cntr
Tier 2 (100 posts)