Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Runescape running extremely heavily?

+4
Daba
Minato
Broeder
Divine
8 posters

Go down

Runescape running extremely heavily? Empty Runescape running extremely heavily?

Post by Divine 6/8/2013, 8:01 pm

Before botwatch, my laptop would run the downloadable runescape client at 30% CPU max, at high graphics even with audio.
Then when botwatch was introduced, this bumped up to 70% CPU minimum at LOWEST graphics and no audio.

Now recently since all the bots have been getting banned, RS takes up 105% CPU minimum at LOWEST graphics and no audio.
This is still so high without any kind of movement in the game and being fully zoomed in.
It's plain ridiculous, I can't even be online for more than 5 minutes without my fan going apeshit.

Has anyone else experienced these problems?
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

http://merchz.com/

Back to top Go down

Runescape running extremely heavily? Empty Re: Runescape running extremely heavily?

Post by Broeder 6/8/2013, 8:03 pm

Are you playing on html5 or java version?
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Runescape running extremely heavily? Empty Re: Runescape running extremely heavily?

Post by Divine 6/8/2013, 8:04 pm

The downloadable client only has Java as far as I'm aware?
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 6/8/2013, 8:06 pm

Could you try playing on chrome and using the html5 settings?

Since rs3, rs now demands a lot more and i believe html5 deals with this demand a lot better (in most cases)
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Minato 6/8/2013, 8:08 pm

I don't see any difference on my desktop but my laptop is playing it quite sluggishly, but it may be because of the rs3.

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 6/8/2013, 8:11 pm

The only RS3 "thing" about my rs are the interfaces, the game itself is exactly the same as I still play on the lowest graphics.

At the release of RS3 (and the next days) I was also running it just fine at 70% CPU still. But now since the mass bot bans it's been at 105%+, which leads me to believe this has jack shit to do with RS3. Also because this already happened in the past when botwatch was released, it was EXACTLY from that day on.
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Minato 6/8/2013, 8:15 pm

Perhaps Jagex is putting botwatch on overdrive for some reason. It may be temporary.

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 6/8/2013, 8:23 pm

I sure hope so, even in the lobby, RS takes up 50% CPU, which used to be 20 when being logged in took 70%.
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Daba 6/8/2013, 8:48 pm

having similar experiences on macbook pro
Daba
Daba
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gummy 6/8/2013, 11:15 pm

Sounds to me like it's targeted at laptop computers. My desktop is doing just fine on maxed graphics and all and my computer isn't exactly a $2,500 gaming computer.
Gummy
Gummy
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Merzz 6/8/2013, 11:20 pm

Actually HTML5 is still on beta Broeder and html5 isn't fully released still which will prob happen before christmas what i have heard but yeah trying chrome is one possibility not sure for me it takes like max 50% (and i don't have very good/new pc)
Merzz
Merzz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 6/8/2013, 11:23 pm

My laptop, which cost about 400 eur is playing rs no lag. Some options are turned off like anti aliasing and bloom, but rest is on max I think.

I am running windows though. Does it possibly only happen on macs?
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 7/8/2013, 12:09 am

Maybe you are using OpenGL? try using Direct X (In graphics settings)
Michael
Michael
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down