Pokemon

Go down

Pokemon

Post by Tuff Tiga on 11/8/2013, 11:52 pm

With the upcoming release of Pokemon X and Y, how many of you keep up to date with the new pokemon revealed as well as the new features? Also what Pokemon Games have you played currently/in the past? What are your favs?

Personally, I like Lucario for just looking so bad ass Razz

Forum Rules

Spoiler:

Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Re: Pokemon

Post by Better Money on 12/8/2013, 6:15 am

Lucario is quite cool. I was always a fan of pokemon, just as i grew older i have lost interest in it. That and my ds broke L.
Better Money
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Zuidenaar on 12/8/2013, 10:44 am

I have 2 brothers and 1 sister, we all started playing pokemon red, blue, green and yellow on our gameboy colour. When gold silver and crystal were released we got those and after that ruby sapphire and emerald. After that we got diamond and pearl for our ds'.
Holidays always used to consist of a shitload of pokemon Razz

My best file was when I had a lvl 90 alakazam and could beat the elite 4 with just him xD
Mr Zuidenaar
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Aezure on 12/8/2013, 12:16 pm

I watched the Pokemon World Championship a few days ago... does that count?
Aezure
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

http://5jungle.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine on 12/8/2013, 12:34 pm

Pokemon Blue on the gameboy colour is how I first learned English through words like buy, sell, attack, run, bicycle, etc. Razz

I was around 7 then and was allowed on my gameboy for 1 hour a day.
I absolutely loved it and my best friend had Pokemon Red, so we'd trade eachother the ones we couldn't get in our game.

Then one day I thought I'd be smart. I wanted to get Charmander too as I started with Squirtle.
So I started a new game and went up to my friend to trade him the Charmander at the computer thing (we had a cable to trade/battle), only this saved my game over the game I had without even asking my permission!

I was devastated as I lost my Blastoise, Dragonite, Machamp, Gengar, Pidgeot and Flareon and hundreds of hours of gameplay. This took me off Pokemon for quite a while, but later on I became motivated to try again.

So I rebuilt my team stronger and better than ever, and eventually got all 150 Pokemon there. I knew all their names by hard, their attacks, watched all the TV series, it was a huge hobby of mine as a kid.

And then suddenly Pokemon Silver and Gold came out! Ermagerd, 100 moar pokiemonz and a new world! I was 9 at this point and I got Silver and my best friend got Gold.

I freaking loved this game even more as I found something I was really good at.
It was now in proper colours, twice the world map, countless more pokemon to get and even new types and attacks. It taught me a lot more English too and I was the best at English in class ever since I was 10 years old.

I absolutely loved Lugia as I could pwn the entire Elite 4 including the guys that come after it with just him. I never really needed the rest of my team for anything though still trained everything decent up to lvl 100.

Man, I remember the countless hours of hunting to get those stupid legendary dogs that would always run off, good times lol.

On Silver too, I got all 251 Pokemon, really a wonderful part of my youth but that is where it stopped. New series came out but I lost interest as I grew up and the feeling I had with Blue and Silver wasn't there anymore.

So far my Pokemon story, thank you for reading Razz
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

http://merchz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by K ratos on 12/8/2013, 2:38 pm

I started playing pokemon when I got my gameboy colour and short after my gameboy advance for learning how to swim Razz

I owned multiple Pokemon games but the ones I played most were Red and later Emerald.

On Pokemon Red I had 5 or 6 level 100 pokemons and on Emerald I had 8.

When the DS came out I still played Pokemon so I played on the DS for a while, but I lost interest because I grew up and same as Divine, the feeling that was there with the earlier games wasn't there anymore

I gave away Pokemon Emerald to a friend who couldn't afford it and my little sister deleted my save file on Ruby when we had a fight -.- after which I made all her dolls bald and gave them moustaches so we were even Razz(we get along fine now, dw Wink)

I still play Red though whenever I find one of my gameboys lying around Smile
K ratos
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga on 12/8/2013, 5:13 pm

Hahaha trading with the link cable was the shit back in the day. I remember I was the only one in my family with Pokemon Blue. I was nearly complete my pokedex and my brother took it, put in in his GBA SP, played for a bit and didn't save/turn off his system. He just pulled it out of his system and I lost my save file Sad. Though before that, I had a GameShark (Cheating Device Razz) and I did something and my Charizard was removed from the game Sad.

Anyways after that, I had gotten all the GBA 3rd gen games, every year during my birthday. Even though they were pretty much the same games, I still played every single one of them. Got ~200 hours just on my Pokemon Sapphire, ~100 hours on emerald and ~50 hours on ruby. Had some good memories with those games, especially when I washed my Pokemon Sapphire in the laundry along with my Yugioh Cards Sad. Still works if you are wondering Razz Greatest moment was when I caught my Rayquaza with a pokeball, full HP Razz

Then I bought a DS and played Pokemon Pearl, Diamond and Platinum. Nothing too exciting here since they are all pretty much the same game. Though I did foolishly buy a Pokemon Platinum Guide Book for $20 Razz

I've pretty much played all pokemon games there is (even though some aren't mentioned). Just currently playing Pokemon Black 2 Very Happy

Forum Rules

Spoiler:

Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix on 1/11/2013, 12:39 am

i played almost  all the pokemon games exept black /white 1 and the new x and y ( going to buy them soon). i stared playing pokemon blue as a child only 8 or 9 years old and now i still play it sometimes.

( i'm 21 and my GF make fun of me because i still play these "children games". but when she goes shopping for clothes and i have to go with her because yeah you can guess, i'm paying, i take my 3DS or my gameboy with me and play some pokemon while she spends more then an houre trying new clothes on )

i own bleu, red , yellow , pokemon pinball, trading card game (on game boy), silver, gold, crystal, ruby, emerald, leave green, diamond, white 2 and i'm planning to buy x or y soon Smile

also got pokemon snapshot and stadium for the 64

Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, and pokemon Colosseum for the gamecube.

damn i need to grow the **** up :p
piramatrix
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoYouPlay_RS on 1/11/2013, 2:22 am

Played Firered, Leafgreen, Crystal, Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, Trozei, Dash..., Colluseum, XD, Snap, Channel, Rumble, Battle Revolution, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, Soulsilver, Black, White, and Y.

Mystery Dungeon Blue, Red, Time, Dungeon, and Sky, are still my favorite by FAR. I probably have 1000+ hours into those damn games.
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rrezz on 1/11/2013, 4:46 am

Played all except for X and Y, my DSI XL just black screen of Death'd on me and is now bricked.... only bought it 2 weeks ago to. Sad 

Turned it off one night, went to play it next day, GG black screen of death. Crying or Very sad 

My favourite game is probably Pokemon Yellow. Razz 
Rrezz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mooge on 1/11/2013, 6:08 am

The only pokemon I play is on the irc channel #nookie so it doesn't really count :p On there I have a level 150 Kyurem, Charizard, Arceus, Kyogre, Lucario, Jirachi, Celebi, Mewtwo, Lugia, Rayquaza and Groudon. I'm currently working on my level 95 Zapdos Smile
Mooge
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruins on 4/11/2013, 3:13 am

Bought Red, and would play it on my Super Gameboy on my SNES. Back then the TV I could play on was in the laundry room on a little 15 inch television. So those were good times.

Later picked up blue and yellow and transferred all starting pokemon to the same 1 file and had a good time with that. Played Gold and Silver. After that I quit playing and following the series and moved onto Magic the Gathering, and then Yu-Gi-Oh. Used to get in trouble quite a bit in school trading pokemon cards.

My best trade ever was a 13 holographic cards for FFVIII when it first came out. It was a hard trade on my part (I had the holographics), and it took a lot of convicing from kids on the school bus to get the kid (who was 4-5 years older than me) to make the trade. SO worth it Smile.

Now I have them all sitting in a card holder in my closest still to this day. I made sure I finished off my personal collection of all the Base Set Series, Jungle and Fossil set for collector's aspect.

Pokemon X and Y looks gorgeous, but I cannot imagine even trying to keep up with all the pokemon now, that is what 450+?
Ruins
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Your owned10 on 12/11/2013, 11:30 am

i grew out of it

Your owned10
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down