Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with my PC

5 posters

Go down

Help with my PC Empty Help with my PC

Post by Daddy 6/9/2013, 4:33 am

Ok well I have bad FPS when I play a game... I get usually 6 - 16 to the max... and I just don't like it, anyone know what I may buy or do to my computer?

Computer Specs:
2GB of RAM
240GB Harddrive
Windows 07
Processor : Pentium Duel Core

** With low budget if possible **

--Thanks
Daddy
Daddy
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Help with my PC Empty Re: Help with my PC

Post by Daxaal 6/9/2013, 12:45 pm

Daddy wrote:Ok well I have bad FPS when I play a game... I get usually 6 - 16 to the max... and I just don't like it, anyone know what I may buy or do to my computer?

Computer Specs:
2GB of RAM
240GB Harddrive
Windows 07
Processor : Pentium Duel Core

** With low budget if possible **

--Thanks
You might want to add your graphics card, internet download/upload speed, whether it is 32 bit operating system or 64 bit. I'm not really good with computers but I know these 3 elements can affect gaming fps in some way and would be useful to know so someone can help you better Smile. I'd probably ask attk master since he seems to be quite knowledgeable about computers Smile
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gecko 6/9/2013, 2:41 pm

Well it would be more helpful to know the CPU speed. Some other things that are a good idea would be to upgrade your RAM to 4gb. As daxaal said try to buy a graphics card. Some other things would be to update the bios, video drivers, clear the cache, scan for viruses just in case, and run a disk defrag. I have a pretty well rounded knowledge of computers so if you need more help feel free to pm me. Smile
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by attk master 6/9/2013, 9:00 pm

If desktop, upgrade it with a DIY upgrade kit from Newegg or just buy a new one. (cheapest to build yourself)

If laptop you can't upgrade to the point where it will be able to handle games better as the chipset, north side bus, and the socket limit your selections of what processor you can upgrade. The CPU, RAM, WiFi card, and HDD are the only upgradeable parts unless you have an Alienware.
attk master
attk master
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by keapor 8/9/2013, 3:57 am

The recommended amount of Memory these days for standard games is 4GB-6GB. High End games require 6GB minimum to 16GB. I have 8GB which is good enough. You might want to upgrade your CPU/Processor. I have a intel Pentium i5 3.1Ghz which is in the middle. I used to have Quad Core 2.7Ghz. I mean if you have like Dual Core 2.8Ghz+ than thats ok but otherwise you best upgrade. You might want to buy yourself a 1GB video card which the recommend for games these days unless your playing low end games than 512MB is just reaching the minimum. I recommend Nvidia video cards as ATI video cards tend to have a lot of overheating problems which leads to it burning itself out.
keapor
keapor
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum