Ban for Buying gold?

Go down

Ban for Buying gold?

Post by Rrezz on 18/10/2013, 3:01 pm

Has anyone ever heard of somebody being banned for BUYING gold.

They have never sold gold only bought, is it still possible to get banned?
Rrezz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Re: Ban for Buying gold?

Post by Music on 18/10/2013, 3:02 pm

Of course, it's called a RWT ban.
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rrezz on 18/10/2013, 3:06 pm

Music wrote:Of course, it's called a RWT ban.
Any idea on the chances of getting banned?

Like would a Maxed account have less likely chance compared to a low level account, etc.

I plan on buying over 7B+ so just wondering what the chances are of ban hammer lol.

I hear Sellers being banned but Jagex said over 50% players buy gold so I figure they dont really care lol.
Rrezz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Music on 18/10/2013, 3:35 pm

Rrezz wrote:
Music wrote:Of course, it's called a RWT ban.
Any idea on the chances of getting banned?

Like would a Maxed account have less likely chance compared to a low level account, etc.

I plan on buying over 7B+ so just wondering what the chances are of ban hammer lol.

I hear Sellers being banned but Jagex said over 50% players buy gold so I figure they dont really care lol.
Probably less of a chance than sellers, since sellers do more transactions. Maxed accounts have less of a chance due to jagex banning gold farming bots, but there's always a chance, and always be wary when buying, especially such a large amount as that.
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by MerchTilIDie on 18/10/2013, 9:40 pm

My advice would definitely be don't buy it all at once, spread it out over a decent bit of time through out each transaction.

You could even have fun with it and say dancing for money, or phr33 m0n3y pl0x and then have the guy come up and trade you it. Not sure if that would make a difference, would make it funner though.
MerchTilIDie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal on 18/10/2013, 11:31 pm

Max players and low level accounts I would say have an equal chance of being banned. Mainly because I'm sure Jagex monitors the top maxed players to make sure they are playing fair, since these are the players others look up to. And low level accounts are also watched since many goldfarmers use them as discard accounts.

You should be okay with buying gold but if you want to buy a large amount spread it out in smaller transactions and I would go to the duel arena to trade it. The only real way you can get banned for rwting is if someone reports you or the automated systems suspects rwting is going on.
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rrezz on 19/10/2013, 9:53 am

Alright thanks.
Rrezz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down