Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecraft 1.7 What do you want to see? Are you going to start playing again?

+5
Rrezz
Muffins
Gecko
BamZam
Michael
9 posters

Go down

Are You Going To Play Again/Start Playing?

Minecraft 1.7 What do you want to see? Are you going to start playing again? I_vote_lcap100%Minecraft 1.7 What do you want to see? Are you going to start playing again? I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 7 ]
Minecraft 1.7 What do you want to see? Are you going to start playing again? I_vote_lcap0%Minecraft 1.7 What do you want to see? Are you going to start playing again? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

Poll closed

Minecraft 1.7 What do you want to see? Are you going to start playing again? Empty Minecraft 1.7 What do you want to see? Are you going to start playing again?

Post by Michael 11/11/2013, 1:57 am

With Minecraft 1.7 released and a Bukkit server not too far behind I'm curious to see how many people are going to play on the SM server again.

Pleco, Broeder and I have tossed around some ideas over the past few weeks and with a brand new super fast server I hope to see more people on the server, like old time. Smile

Some of the ideas:

• A Hunger Games World
  • Donation Perks (Pleco has been paying for the server by himself for over two years now)
  • Clan Events (Would include drop parties and would count towards the event badge)
  • The server like it used to be
  • Large Biomes
  • A New Server City

Some Recent Changes:

Here’s a list of cool things that may be coming your way on Friday, if the pre-release goes well!

New world generation!

• Double the amount of biomes, with new trees/flowers/blocks.
  • New “Amplified” world option.
  • Less ocean, more awesome.

New blocks!

• Two new types of wood.
  • Stained glass! With both blocks and panes.
  • Packed ice, red sand, podzol.
  • Lots of new flowers, including double-tall versions of current plants.
  • Portals can be bigger sizes!

Fishing!

• Added more type of fish.
  • Redone the fishing mechanics. Can now catch junk and treasure too.
  • Fishing rod enchantments!

Maps!

• Put them in an item frame and hang them on your wall. They’re extra big!
  • Lots of new colours for lots of blocks!
  • Now with less lag!

Achievement & Statistics overhaul!

• Now both world (or server) specific.
  • In multiplayer, it’s announced to everybody when you get an achievement.
  • You can move your mouse over this in the chat to see what it was!
  • Some new achievements and statistic types were added.
  • Zoomable achievements screen!

Multiplayer enhancements!

• Servers can now put a 64×64 image called “server-icon.png” in their folder, that you will see on your server list.
  • You can see who’s online before joining a server; move your mouse over the player count!
  • Lots of hidden preparation for allowing name changes.

Resource pack changes!

• You can now have multiple selected.
  • They can completely re-do your sounds, adding new ones or changing current ones.
  • Servers can now recommend a resource pack for you to use.

Chat & command improvements!

• New commands to spawn mobs or blocks of any type.
  • Command block minecart!
  • Clickable links to achievements and items.
  • Click on somebody’s name in the chat to message them!

Lots and lots of technical work!

• Completely rewrote how the network (multiplayer) works.
  • Completely rewrote the sound manager.
  • New graphics options.
  • Basic shader support testing.
  • Many bugs fixed, including:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Michael on 27/5/2014, 12:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Michael
Michael
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Minecraft 1.7 What do you want to see? Are you going to start playing again? Empty Re: Minecraft 1.7 What do you want to see? Are you going to start playing again?

Post by BamZam 11/11/2013, 6:08 am

Would love to play again if at least quarter/half of the server slots are filled with people. Also, let's start on a new server city world! Make it free roaming too. How do we connect to each other? Via a map!

Or, we could make like a central castle/fortress and just expand. Central castle + surrounding village (You can build anything surrounding the Central Castle).
BamZam
BamZam
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Minecraft 1.7 What do you want to see? Are you going to start playing again? Empty Re: Minecraft 1.7 What do you want to see? Are you going to start playing again?

Post by Gecko 17/11/2013, 12:26 am

Michael as you know for so long I have been trying to get an MC account to come here. May finally have one XD Even without the perks when I can get an account I can donate small amounts of rsgp for it.
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffins 17/11/2013, 11:56 am

Well, seeing as the account i used was recovered (my friend decided to change password back), I'm going to have to buy a new account. Then hopefully it'll work. I honestly don't mind donating for the sake of helping, but as an incentive could there be a badge or something? Just wondering Razz
Muffins
Muffins

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 17/11/2013, 11:09 pm

Muffins wrote:Well, seeing as the account i used was recovered (my friend decided to change password back), I'm going to have to buy a new account. Then hopefully it'll work. I honestly don't mind donating for the sake of helping, but as an incentive could there be a badge or something? Just wondering Razz
Donating would help pay for the server and would give you in-game wealth, an item, or something to that affect. As for the badge that's up to Pleco.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Rrezz 18/11/2013, 1:12 am

All of the ideas sound great.

Rrezz
Rrezz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 18/11/2013, 4:04 am

We have so much more planned too! Can't wait.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Gecko 18/11/2013, 7:06 am

I voted yes by a lot. I would like to see amplified biomes. Mr_Pleco is developing something that sounds amazing.
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 18/11/2013, 9:59 pm

The long term and short term plans of the server after 1.7 are great... I can't wait.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 18/11/2013, 11:56 pm

Cant wait either, hope to see a lot o active players to keep the server active and fun
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 28/12/2013, 10:36 pm

The server should be updated within the next week or two.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 1/1/2014, 3:58 pm

If many others do I may play often too.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aezure 11/1/2014, 2:58 am

Let's face it, no one will ever vote "no" Razz
Aezure
Aezure
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

http://5jungle.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffins 11/1/2014, 10:17 am

I finally got a premium acc, yay me.
Muffins
Muffins

Back to top Go down

Post by BamZam 11/1/2014, 10:38 am

Muffins wrote:I finally got a premium acc, yay me.

Finally nubcaik c:

Also, the server hasn't been online...?
BamZam
BamZam
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 12/1/2014, 4:44 pm

BamZam wrote:
Muffins wrote:I finally got a premium acc, yay me.

Finally nubcaik c:

Also, the server hasn't been online...?

It's online, Pleco just hasn't updated it yet
http://smp.smokinminecraft.com:8123/

if that is live (the clock at the top isn't going from example: 9:01 9:02 9:03 9:04 then back to 9:01) then the server should be running (currently on 1.6.4) I'll talk to Pleco when I see him and see if he plans to update
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 19/2/2014, 12:40 am

Alright so, Pleco has put me in charge of the Server for the time being. I have booted it back to 1.6.4 and plan to start updating everything very soon, also please signup to our combined website http://branchcraft.org/home as this will be the new location for the SmokinMinecraft/BranchCraft servers, both are currently managed by me, one is a Bukkit/mostly Vanilla server while the other one is Tekkit/Heavily Modded.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by WisdomStar 19/2/2014, 12:51 pm

I'll start playing if I get some1 to play with me. I like to focus on building. Would prefer to play Semi-Vanilla server. Hopefully no griefing is allowed.
WisdomStar
WisdomStar
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffins 19/2/2014, 12:58 pm

WisdomStar wrote:I'll start playing if I get some1 to play with me. I like to focus on building. Would prefer to play Semi-Vanilla server. Hopefully no griefing is allowed.

I'll play on the server sometimes with you if you want :-)
Muffins
Muffins

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 19/2/2014, 1:21 pm

Hope to see you both on the server(s) as soon as I get them up and running and as always no griefing is tolerated.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down