Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rise of the Six -- Barrows

+5
jokerman
Merzz
lil_me
Music
RSguru
9 posters

Go down

Rise of the Six -- Barrows Empty Rise of the Six -- Barrows

Post by RSguru 13/11/2013, 5:05 pm

Just read through some of the information for Rise of the Six!

I personally believe that it is a desperate cry to re-energize people to try barrows again. I have to hand it to Jagex though, they have found several different ways to introduce new 'high-level armor and equipment' into the game.

So, what's your opinion on the update??
RSguru
RSguru
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Rise of the Six -- Barrows Empty Re: Rise of the Six -- Barrows

Post by Music 13/11/2013, 5:36 pm

RSguru wrote:Just read through some of the information for Rise of the Six!

I personally believe that it is a desperate cry to re-energize people to try barrows again. I have to hand it to Jagex though, they have found several different ways to introduce new 'high-level armor and equipment' into the game.

Imo, it brings PvM bossing back to life again for people that can't find 10 people for Vorago or don't quite have the stats. Once some strategies have been developed, it should be quite popular and looks really fun from what I've seen on livestreams.
Music
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RSguru 13/11/2013, 7:00 pm

Music wrote:

Imo, it brings PvM bossing back to life again for people that can't find 10 people for Vorago or don't quite have the stats. Once some strategies have been developed, it should be quite popular and looks really fun from what I've seen on livestreams.
I like your outlook on it. As a Runescape player who does not have the combat levels to take on the recent additions to PVM, it forces me to have a negative look towards the updates. I understand that the bosses are to continually challenge us, but as a lower level player it is, in simple terms, frustrating.

This was the main reason I created this thread. I wanted to gather the opinions of both high level players and lower level players as a comparison.
RSguru
RSguru
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Music 13/11/2013, 7:05 pm

RSguru wrote:
Music wrote:

I like your outlook on it. As a Runescape player who does not have the combat levels to take on the recent additions to PVM, it forces me to have a negative look towards the updates. I understand that the bosses are to continually challenge us, but as a lower level player it is, in simple terms, frustrating.

This was the main reason I created this thread. I wanted to gather the opinions of both high level players and lower level players as a comparison.
Well, as a "high level" player, I enjoy most updates the game makes, as they're always interesting. I do have 180+ combat, as is recommended for new Barrows. I personally would also like some lower-level bosses that don't require teams or even using highest level gear, as I don't want to always risk tons of money. However, I like the direction they have been going with bosses, and hope they just come back to lower ones later. Something between new Barrows and QBD would be nice, even if it was a team one
Music
Music
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RSguru 13/11/2013, 7:09 pm

Spoiler:

I would love something between barrow and QBD. I think it is exactly what Runescape needs to bridge the gap in PVM. Jagex should hire you.
RSguru
RSguru
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 13/11/2013, 7:57 pm

It does look like fun but I'm not much of a pvmer. Been peeking at livestreams but all I see are deaths lol. Can't wait to see what is needed to defeat them, which would be interesting seeing how it changes every day.

The next 'boss' update that I'm looking forward to (i guess) is this 'skillers boss'. I want to see how this is gonna play out.
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Merzz 14/11/2013, 3:18 am

Some jmod said next bosses will be more soloable. there is mole rework going on atm and it comes out with hard mode so that would be something interesting to those who likes to solo.

About Barrows tho... I like more of soloable bosses as I'm quite noob at high lvl bosses like nex/vorago etc xD
Merzz
Merzz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by jokerman 14/11/2013, 8:28 am

i really enjoy fighting nex, but i got my ass kicked here...
(i wasnt willing to wear any wealth...)

i would really like some easier bosses too, or maybe even some F2P bosses that can generate enough income for people to buy bonds Razz
jokerman
jokerman
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by overload345 14/11/2013, 2:36 pm

It sounds fun honestly, I've always been interested in the barrows brothers history, its an epic story and when they announced a new brother I was pretty happy(Besides for RS3, that killed it) but in eoc all I did was barrows and slayer. But I'm looking forward to see more about this update!
overload345
overload345
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RSguru 14/11/2013, 3:02 pm

I finally got a chance to watch some of the livestreams and videos about the update. It looks impossible to complete even as 5 maxed players. I'm sure once a strategy is developed, it will be just the same as the other bosses where everyone does the same thing to defeat it. Can't wait to see the massive rewards though!

jokerman wrote:i would really like some easier bosses too, or maybe even some F2P bosses that can generate enough income for people to buy bonds Razz
This would be a great idea. To allow higher level f2p players who have never been members to get a taste of it and see how awesome being a member really is!
RSguru
RSguru
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KushBush 16/11/2013, 9:53 pm

It's extremely difficult unless you manage to find a good team that knows what they're doing and the rewards are excellent.

KushBush
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by WisdomStar 17/11/2013, 2:11 am

Rewards are very good. But you need good team that knows strategy
WisdomStar
WisdomStar
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dag 17/11/2013, 3:15 am

As lil_me said, I'm not much of a PVMer. However, I'm really excited for these skilling bosses. I wonder what kind of skills and requirements will be needed. It also makes me wonder if certain resources will go up, depending on the needs for said boss.
Dag
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RSguru 17/11/2013, 4:22 am

KushBush wrote:It's extremely difficult unless you manage to find a good team that knows what they're doing and the rewards are excellent.
After looking at the rewards, I can see why so many people are continuing to try and complete this 'gauntlet'. Very tantalizing.

Dag wrote:As lil_me said, I'm not much of a PVMer. However, I'm really excited for these skilling bosses. I wonder what kind of skills and requirements will be needed. It also makes me wonder if certain resources will go up, depending on the needs for said boss.
Could be great opportunities for some investments. Can't wait to see what Jagex can come up with!
RSguru
RSguru
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by jokerman 17/11/2013, 10:22 pm

i yet have to defeat em :S
jokerman
jokerman
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Merzz 18/11/2013, 12:19 am

I tried it first time today but died after few mins we try it some other day with easier rotation but yeah =P
Merzz
Merzz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down