Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So today I started learning how to make signatures..

+7
Kelly
Nightl0ck
WisdomStar
Divine
Mr Rockeye
BamZam
Daxaal
11 posters

Go down

So today I started learning how to make signatures.. Empty So today I started learning how to make signatures..

Post by BamZam 2/12/2013, 9:41 am

So today I started learning how to make signatures.. Very_f10

So for the last 2 hours, I have been playing around with Photoshop CC...

It's a 40k Warhammer themed (Black Templar cheers ) signature. Learned how to do overlays and such from Youtube + Google. Took me about 40 minutes to mash them up into this below-average/decent signature.

Thoughts? Constructive criticism / tips would be nice, as I'm still learning the ropes of this whole Photoshop thing xD
BamZam
BamZam
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

So today I started learning how to make signatures.. Empty Re: So today I started learning how to make signatures..

Post by Daxaal 2/12/2013, 11:11 am

What are your original renders or stocks used in the piece? Could you post them as well to have a better idea of the modifications you made compared to the preset ones already made.

First thing I will comment on is that the glow on the text doesn't look right to me and I think it looks rather ugly? Razz Sorry if that sounds harsh but it was the first thing that my eyes were drawn to when I saw this piece. Like to me the text doesn't look as good as the rest of the piece.
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

So today I started learning how to make signatures.. Empty Re: So today I started learning how to make signatures..

Post by BamZam 2/12/2013, 11:20 am

Daxaal wrote:What are your original renders or stocks used in the piece? Could you post them as well to have a better idea of the modifications you made compared to the preset ones already made.

First thing I will comment on is that the glow on the text doesn't look right to me and I think it looks rather ugly? :PSorry if that sounds harsh but it was the first thing that my eyes were drawn to when I saw this piece. Like to me the text doesn't look as good as the rest of the piece.
Spoiler:
- Templar knight

Spoiler:
- Templar emblem

Spoiler:
- Background used to overlay with gradient

Thanks for the criticism, I just messed around the font because I had no idea what emboss etc. meant, and the 'drop shadow' thingy kind of looked nice, I guess Smile
BamZam
BamZam
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Rockeye 2/12/2013, 4:52 pm

Very nice for a first time but, if I were you I would pick a render with more fealing. The render you now have won't you let focus on one point. If you want some renders visit this site (I use it myself) it has TONS of renders : www.planetrenders.net
Also darkness gives a picture more focus but, if you use to much black it will kind of like make it a not very outstanding signature. Try to use the lightening option (Effects>render>lightening effects)
If you're looking for some new letter types (fonts) you can visit this site : www.dafont.com (again it has TONS of fonts)
Mr Rockeye
Mr Rockeye
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine 2/12/2013, 8:00 pm

Goodluck with learning how to make signatures BamZam.

A bit of feedback on your current signature, the red text is very hard to read and it's not entirely clear what the thing with the weapons is Razz
Divine
Divine
Administrator
Administrator

http://merchz.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WisdomStar 2/12/2013, 8:18 pm

Very nice to see new people making signatures. Will contact you about something Razz
Keep going and Divine is right. Red text is hard to read :/
WisdomStar
WisdomStar
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by BamZam 3/12/2013, 1:23 am

Thanks for the feedback for far Smile

@Divine I actually thought it would look nice for the sub-text seeing that that Chaos space marine was also red, turns out I forgot that I had a cyan / dark blue background and paid the guy who made my signature before I had a chance to ask him to tweak it a little :/

@Mr Rockeye Thanks for the links & tip!
BamZam
BamZam
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 3/12/2013, 2:07 am

Ok I think you should remove the blur on the edges of the gun if you made a blur effect. And I would maybe darken the gun a bit on the left side since the signature gets darker the more you go left but the gun is out of place since it's still not getting dark the more you go to the left., if that makes sense Razz. But yeh I'd post this on Sythe as well if I were you since you would get a much larger range of feedback from other experienced graphic artists as well Smile
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightl0ck 3/12/2013, 2:36 am

First, what red text are you speaking of? o.o And second looks like a pretty good job form what I can see. Id suggest trying to play around with some basic 3d stuff and trying to configure that into your work Smile
Nightl0ck
Nightl0ck
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by BamZam 3/12/2013, 3:05 am

Nightl0ck wrote:First, what red text are you speaking of? o.o And second looks like a pretty good job form what I can see. Id suggest trying to play around with some basic 3d stuff and trying to configure that into your work Smile
He's talking about the sub-text in my current signature.

Not sure where the 3D stuff is, is it also in Photoshop CC itself? Or is it like a separate software? D:
BamZam
BamZam
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 3/12/2013, 3:11 am

A lot better of a result than my first signature ever Razz. Hmm, for some constructive feedback a big thing is to try to keep in mind your focal, which I’m under the assumption is the tTemplar render guy. When you look at the piece you want your eyes to focus automatically on your focal point.

If you want some tutorials, I have literally hundreds saved on file if you’d like to go through some. Might help getting the ropes of Photoshop some Smile. Keep it up though Very Happy!
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by BamZam 3/12/2013, 10:48 am

Kelly wrote:A lot better of a result than my first signature ever Razz. Hmm, for some constructive feedback a big thing is to try to keep in mind your focal, which I’m under the assumption is the tTemplar render guy. When you look at the piece you want your eyes to focus automatically on your focal point.

If you want some tutorials, I have literally hundreds saved on file if you’d like to go through some. Might help getting the ropes of Photoshop some Smile. Keep it up though Very Happy!
Would love to have some of the first few files that teaches more about overlaying & lighting etc. Smile
BamZam
BamZam
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adri 3/12/2013, 11:44 am

I'm not too much into GFX whatsoever but for a first signature.. that looks decent
Adri
Adri
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 3/12/2013, 12:46 pm

BamZam wrote:
Nightl0ck wrote:First, what red text are you speaking of? o.o And second looks like a pretty good job form what I can see. Id suggest trying to play around with some basic 3d stuff and trying to configure that into your work Smile
He's talking about the sub-text in my current signature.

Not sure where the 3D stuff is, is it also in Photoshop CC itself? Or is it like a separate software? D:
Photoshop CC has the potential to create 3D artwork as well like it can create 3d Text. However there are also other programs that can be used for 3D artwork and may be better and have more options such as Blender and Cinema 4D. Blender is free and Cinema 4D is a couple of hundred dollars or so.
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gecko 4/12/2013, 2:31 am

So Bamzam this bothers me with almost all signatures, and I am sorry. Please turn on the transparency XD Idk why but it irks me to see the color slightly off. Like Daxaal
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by BamZam 4/12/2013, 6:07 am

Geckoscraps wrote:So Bamzam this bothers me with almost all signatures, and I am sorry. Please turn on the transparency XD Idk why but it irks me to see the color slightly off. Like Daxaal
Transparency? I got no idea where is that thing in Photoshop D:
BamZam
BamZam
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 4/12/2013, 6:29 am

BamZam wrote:
Geckoscraps wrote:So Bamzam this bothers me with almost all signatures, and I am sorry. Please turn on the transparency XD Idk why but it irks me to see the color slightly off. Like Daxaal
Transparency? I got no idea where is that thing in Photoshop D:
I think Geckoscraps is talking about making this signature transparent.
So today I started learning how to make signatures.. 82dbl715

The blue sythe background should be able to be made transparent and saved as an interlaced png or you could change the background to a grey colour like #1a1a1a.

Geckoscraps wrote: Please turn on the transparency XD Idk why but it irks me to see the color slightly off. Like Daxaal
I don't get what you're trying to say Geckoscraps when you refer to "Like Daxaal" ? scratch 
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 4/12/2013, 10:02 pm

BamZam wrote:
Kelly wrote:A lot better of a result than my first signature ever Razz. Hmm, for some constructive feedback a big thing is to try to keep in mind your focal, which I’m under the assumption is the tTemplar render guy. When you look at the piece you want your eyes to focus automatically on your focal point.

Would love to have some of the first few files that teaches more about overlaying & lighting etc. Smile
I'd recommend getting Photoshop CS5 or CS6, might be easier to work in/with. I can help you in Teamviewer sometime or something if you'd like Very Happy.

Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 5/12/2013, 9:08 pm

You need to focus on you render a lot. Start burning, dodging, blurring ETC around your focal to make it stand out more. Blacking an entire side sometimes doesn't work well. Besides those, the step would be flow. To make your signature more effective you would need some flow in there. Finally your text, simple is often best. Other than that, it's a good start Razz
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by ilovetodice 21/12/2013, 9:39 pm

Nice sigs guys, ^^ i really want to make a sig dont know how to any ideas?
ilovetodice
ilovetodice
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down