Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DayZ: Standalone

5 posters

Go down

DayZ: Standalone Empty DayZ: Standalone

Post by Dag 23/12/2013, 4:00 pm

I recently stumbled upon this amazing game called DayZ:Standalone. There was an old mod of ARMA2 called Dayz, but now a gaming company developed a game based off of that mod called DayZ:Standalone. (Click here for the IGN page on the game).

The game is currently in Alpha, so it's still a little bit buggy. However, if you have friends to play with, it's a really great experience. I was wondering of anybody has this game (buyable on steam for $30). The $30 may seem a bit high, but keep in mind it's a small company and they need the money to maintain their hundreds of servers and thousands of players on each server, as well as for future developments. In reality, $30 is a very small price to pay for such an amazing gaming experience.

If anybody owns this game and would like to meet up and survive, let me know Smile
Dag
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

DayZ: Standalone Empty Re: DayZ: Standalone

Post by piramatrix 23/12/2013, 11:27 pm

i watched some trailers and it looks pretty decent, i'm a bit skeptical tho. in october of last year the war z was released, a game exactly like this, i was full of expectation about playing a game based on the dayz mod from arma2 and the trailer looked amazing. the game however did not fullfill my expectations at all, it had a lot of technical issues and the interactivity was awful. 
link to the ign review:http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/08/the-war-z-review

if this the developers can fix all what was wrong with the war z i would more then happely pay $30 for their game.
piramatrix
piramatrix
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dag 24/12/2013, 1:44 am

piramatrix wrote:i watched some trailers and it looks pretty decent, i'm a bit skeptical tho. in october of last year the war z was released, a game exactly like this, i was full of expectation about playing a game based on the dayz mod from arma2 and the trailer looked amazing. the game however did not fullfill my expectations at all, it had a lot of technical issues and the interactivity was awful. 
link to the ign review:http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/08/the-war-z-review

if this the developers can fix all what was wrong with the war z i would more then happely pay $30 for their game.

Trust me. The developers did great with DayZ. Like i said before, it's still in Alpha, so bugs and glitches are expected. But it's something that I am willing to live with because it really truly is a wonderful game.
Dag
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix 24/12/2013, 7:06 am

yeah its understandable that the alpha has some bugs and glitched, the war z still had many bugs in the finnished version. but really am looking forward to this game. i'll maybe try to get a beta test :p
piramatrix
piramatrix

Back to top Go down

Post by feedpenguins 24/12/2013, 9:04 am

ive played the mod for over a year. i love it. havnt got standalone yet waiting til its out of alpha. dont want to deal with bugs
feedpenguins
feedpenguins
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dag 29/12/2013, 7:16 pm

feedpenguins wrote:ive played the mod for over a year. i love it. havnt got standalone yet waiting til its out of alpha. dont want to deal with bugs

The bugs don't make the game unplayable, luckily. It's just minor inconveniences, but nothing that ruins the experience.

I'd love to find some people to play with, if anyone has it Smile
Dag
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 29/12/2013, 8:55 pm

I bought this off amazon the other night for $5. Still trying to figure out mod packs to be able to play on servers. It looks super fun though.
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 30/12/2013, 7:57 am

Just bought the real one. Razz
Had to get a steam account to get it, but my steam name is SMHuluplus if you want to meet up sometime Dag. Smile
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dag 30/12/2013, 4:30 pm

HuluPlus wrote:Just bought the real one. Razz
Had to get a steam account to get it, but my steam name is SMHuluplus if you want to meet up sometime Dag. Smile

I believe i sent you a friend request. We'll talk on IRC Smile
Dag
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by ftpatat 30/12/2013, 6:22 pm

(17:29:00) <%Dag> HULUPLUS GOT DAYZ
(17:29:03) <%Dag> hes my new favorite person
(17:29:09) <%Music> lol
(17:29:20) <+ftpatat-6rn> DAYZ
(17:29:24) <+ftpatat-6rn> I have that too!
(17:30:38) <%Dag> ftpatat-6rn
(17:30:43) <%Dag> DayZ Standalone?
(17:30:47) <%Dag> or the modded version
(17:30:49) <%Dag> of ARMAII
(17:31:08) <+ftpatat-6rn> neither just wanted to make you happy and then crush the dream Very Happy
(17:31:17) <+ftpatat-6rn> <3
(17:31:21) * %Dag kicks ftpatat-6rn in his non-existant testicles
ftpatat
ftpatat
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: