Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Build me a rig

+3
Leakee
Mr Zuidenaar
Inhaps
7 posters

Go down

Build me a rig Empty Build me a rig

Post by Inhaps 27/1/2014, 11:06 am

These kind of threads usually get quite a few responses. I am vaguely familiar with how to get it all together but I am totally out of the loop on current PC hardware. So I would appreciate if someone were to pick and choose PC parts for me, along with a decent monitor. Mainly to be used for graphics processing and gaming.

I have a budget of roughly 800 euros.
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Build me a rig Empty Re: Build me a rig

Post by Mr Zuidenaar 28/1/2014, 3:17 pm

You should check out http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/ they can probably help you better over there than here
Mr Zuidenaar
Mr Zuidenaar
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Leakee 28/1/2014, 3:24 pm

Mr Zuidenaar wrote:You should check out http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/ they can probably help you better over there than here

Was just about to post this  Laughing 
Leakee
Leakee
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

https://www.youtube.com/user/MuziHD

Back to top Go down

Post by GsKiki 31/1/2014, 8:38 am

If you need gaming laptop/PC I would highly advise Asus Repulic of Gamers models.
http://rog.asus.com/
You can check out graphics card classification here:
http://liangz-newz.blogspot.com/2008/12/graphic-card-level-classification.html

Once you know remotely what you'd like, I would advise you to go to specialized store and ask there to be explained about different model tweaks.
GsKiki
GsKiki
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps 31/1/2014, 11:02 am

Thanks, GsKiKi. They do not have a store in Latvia, though. Even if I do find those models here, they will cost so much more than they should. I'd rather buy parts and and save a bunch on not buying a prebuilt PC.
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 31/1/2014, 1:41 pm

Well this has kind of been my goal pc setup but I haven't been able to reach the money goal to purchase it all yet Smile, but seeing as it fits within your budget I'll share it with you.

Tower:
CPU: AMD FX 6300 - $141 (6 core, 3.5GHz)
Motherboard: ASRock 980DE3/U3S3 AM3+ - $107 (up to 32gb ram, 4 ram slots I think, has usb 3.0 support)
Ram: Kingston DDR3 8gb 1333Mhz CL9 - $27 (you can get more ram if you want but 8gb is standard for gaming these days)
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 760 Windforce - $300 (DVI and HDMI support)
Power: Cooler Master 500W - $59
Sound: ASUS Xonar DG - $30
DVD Drive: Lite-on DVD-RW - $21
Storage: Toshiba DT01ACA050 500gb HDD - $55
Case: BitFenix Shinobi - $64
Total: $804

Optional goodies Smile
Display: Samsung S24B300H 24 inch - $175 (1920px by 1080px, so full HD 1080p, also has 5ms response time)
Keyboard: Tt eSports Challenger - $45
Mouse: Gigabyte M6900 - $22

Total with optional Goodies: $1046

I got this setup from a magazine I bought a month ago or so and the specs look good with room for future upgrades Smile
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dual_Shock 31/1/2014, 8:32 pm

What is your budget? I just built Crypsi a computer for around $1500, with two monitors, 8 core processor, 16GB of RAM, 2GB DDR5 GFX Card, etc. Basically, top of the line. Step one is to find a budget. Step 2 is to find a case. Why? Because you'll have to look at it for the next XX years, as well as if you plan to make it portable, it'll need to be small, and etc.
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps 31/1/2014, 11:02 pm

Daxaal wrote:Well this has kind of been my goal pc setup but I haven't been able to reach the money goal to purchase it all yet Smile, but seeing as it fits within your budget I'll share it with you.

Tower:
CPU: AMD FX 6300 - $141 (6 core, 3.5GHz)
Motherboard: ASRock 980DE3/U3S3 AM3+ - $107 (up to 32gb ram, 4 ram slots I think, has usb 3.0 support)
Ram: Kingston DDR3 8gb 1333Mhz CL9 - $27 (you can get more ram if you want but 8gb is standard for gaming these days)
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 760 Windforce - $300 (DVI and HDMI support)
Power: Cooler Master 500W - $59
Sound: ASUS Xonar DG - $30
DVD Drive: Lite-on DVD-RW - $21
Storage: Toshiba DT01ACA050 500gb HDD - $55
Case: BitFenix Shinobi - $64
Total: $804

Optional goodies Smile
Display: Samsung S24B300H 24 inch - $175 (1920px by 1080px, so full HD 1080p, also has 5ms response time)
Keyboard: Tt eSports Challenger - $45
Mouse: Gigabyte M6900 - $22

Total with optional Goodies: $1046

I got this setup from a magazine I bought a month ago or so and the specs look good with room for future upgrades Smile

I'd not thought of mixing AMD with Nvidia.

Dual_Shock wrote:What is your budget? I just built Crypsi a computer for around $1500, with two monitors, 8 core processor, 16GB of RAM, 2GB DDR5 GFX Card, etc. Basically, top of the line. Step one is to find a budget. Step 2 is to find a case. Why? Because you'll have to look at it for the next XX years, as well as if you plan to make it portable, it'll need to be small, and etc.

800-900 EUR is my budget. That is more or less $1200. I do not have much intention on carrying it around. 

Basically, the story is http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcforme/comments/1whn9i/gaming_pc_for_900/
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps 31/1/2014, 11:39 pm

MoeZ wrote:Your budget is way too low for that kind of laptops. I think Apple is the best.
Have you read anything that has been written in this thread? Nowhere do I imply that I want a laptop. And Apple's not exactly renowned for gaming.
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rrezz 1/2/2014, 12:58 am

Idk about you, but I like to have more power then necessary, I don't really like being borderline or "Good Enough".

If anything I would suggest saving up a bit more and then building a computer that is more then above average.

I spent 2200$ on my computer not including the Monitors, and I don't regret it.

I would aim for 16GB RAM, DDR3 1600MHz, Nvidia GTX 770, Intel i7-4770k, 2-3TB Storage since it's only like 10-20$ difference from 500GB.

All that is like 800-900$ CAD on it's own, which would leave you with 400-500$ to buy everything else, which isn't really a lot.

You could cut back to 8GB RAM as that is enough for most people, but I prefer to have 16GB.

You could also cut back on the i7 and get something cheaper and save some money also.

I'd say GTX 770 is pretty good for Performance/$ ratio.

This would ensure you could play ANY game out atm on Max settings with over 30 FPS, I would say 60+ at least.

If anything, I would suggest this:

Buy whatever you want BUT... think about the future, you can always buy upgrades in the future, so think about what you might want later down the road, and get a case/parts that will be compatible with what you may want later on.

Rrezz
Rrezz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps 1/2/2014, 10:22 am

Rrezz wrote:Idk about you, but I like to have more power then necessary, I don't really like being borderline or "Good Enough".

If anything I would suggest saving up a bit more and then building a computer that is more then above average.

I spent 2200$ on my computer not including the Monitors, and I don't regret it.

I would aim for 16GB RAM, DDR3 1600MHz, Nvidia GTX 770, Intel i7-4770k, 2-3TB Storage since it's only like 10-20$ difference from 500GB.

All that is like 800-900$ CAD on it's own, which would leave you with 400-500$ to buy everything else, which isn't really a lot.

You could cut back to 8GB RAM as that is enough for most people, but I prefer to have 16GB.

You could also cut back on the i7 and get something cheaper and save some money also.

I'd say GTX 770 is pretty good for Performance/$ ratio.

This would ensure you could play ANY game out atm on Max settings with over 30 FPS, I would say 60+ at least.

If anything, I would suggest this:

Buy whatever you want BUT... think about the future, you can always buy upgrades in the future, so think about what you might want later down the road, and get a case/parts that will be compatible with what you may want later on.

I like getting more than necessary as much as the next guy but without a day job it will probably take quite some time before I have that kind of money.
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down