Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Runescape money making 500k/700k hour

4 posters

Go down

Runescape money making 500k/700k hour Empty Runescape money making 500k/700k hour

Post by Dr_Dragonoid 11/2/2014, 2:06 pm

Well i made an attempt to make a flipping guide just don't laugh plox
Dr_Dragonoid
Dr_Dragonoid
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Runescape money making 500k/700k hour Empty Re: Runescape money making 500k/700k hour

Post by Dr_Dragonoid 11/2/2014, 2:07 pm

I know using 100k the revenues are going to be low but the more you invest the higher the profit
Dr_Dragonoid
Dr_Dragonoid
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Runescape money making 500k/700k hour Empty Re: Runescape money making 500k/700k hour

Post by Yamiteh 11/2/2014, 3:02 pm

1st viewer!  cheers 
This is the first time that I've watched a video guide in a while, nice to see some vids in the guides here too. +rep for the effort Smile
I know this probably wasn't meant as the best guide ever, (you just wanted to make a simple guide on flipping that anyone could follow right?) but using notepad to type looks unprofessional. You could consider using Windows Movie Maker or simply typing in RS instead.
Also I don't understand why you put a buy offer for 385 when the insta sell was at 376? Or sold at 390 when it was 392? You would only have to over/undercut by 1 gp to get best offer in ge.
Lastly, not sure if you knew, but there is a forum section called Merchanting guides. Would probably be better to post such guide there as if someone would want to know how to flip, it's likely they would look there first.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr_Dragonoid 11/2/2014, 3:34 pm

Yamiteh wrote:1st viewer!  cheers 
This is the first time that I've watched a video guide in a while, nice to see some vids in the guides here too. +rep for the effort Smile
I know this probably wasn't meant as the best guide ever, (you just wanted to make a simple guide on flipping that anyone could follow right?) but using notepad to type looks unprofessional. You could consider using Windows Movie Maker or simply typing in RS instead.
Also I don't understand why you put a buy offer for 385 when the insta sell was at 376? Or sold at 390 when it was 392? You would only have to over/undercut by 1 gp to get best offer in ge.
Lastly, not sure if you knew, but there is a forum section called Merchanting guides. Would probably be better to post such guide there as if someone would want to know how to flip, it's likely they would look there first.
Well i tried typing in runescape but it was a failure. Ill take your reviews if i make another guide and can anyone switch my guide to that section or i have to re upload it. I uploaded it here because it said runescape money making
Dr_Dragonoid
Dr_Dragonoid
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr_Dragonoid 11/2/2014, 3:37 pm

Yamiteh wrote:1st viewer!  cheers 
And i took the 1 or 2 gp loss for the flip to end quick :p
Dr_Dragonoid
Dr_Dragonoid
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by chocolatnave 11/2/2014, 4:59 pm

Nice guide! Video guides are, in my opinion, the best way to teach people new things. Especially when it comes to flipping, which might scare some people.

Some things I liked:
- It's a vid XD
- You offered a low-wealth, f2p option, which will help anyone new, and help anyone with higher wealth/p2p know the basics and concept of flipping.
-You suggested items at the end for flippers to try/use.

Some things I think can be improved upon:
- The Notepad at the start. If you have a mic, you could have commentary, which is not only better than typing out what your going to do, but it allows you to go in-depth into how to flip. Also, having commentary is easier for viewers to follow along, instead of waiting for words to be typed (most people read faster than they type).

- If you do choose to use notepad though, I would suggest typing everything out beforehand, that way it's easier for you to film as your not typing on the spot, but it's easier in general because viewers can always pause the video and read.

But nice guide overall. +rep
chocolatnave
chocolatnave
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 11/2/2014, 5:14 pm

A mod has moved your thread to the correct section.
In future if you want it moved you should query a moderator on IRC or post Here.
Also, again since you are new to the forums you may not be aware: You can edit your posts by clicking "Edit" button on the top right side of your post. This helps reduce unnecessary spam.

Back in my newb days I used to overcut by more than 1 gp on those items too thinking they'll sell way faster. But the truth is especially with items like bow string and cannonballs(active items) flips will still be very fast and 1 gp or 2 gp overcut isn't much difference in a speed at all if any. In that case in the video you had 392-376 = 16gp profit per bow string. With your cutting you have shrinked that to 5 gp per bow string which is a pretty big loss of profit here.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr_Dragonoid 12/2/2014, 11:07 am

Well i do have a mic but i dont think quite a few people will be able to understand my accent.
Thnx for the rep :p

Thanks for the advice yamiteh i will keep that in mind
Dr_Dragonoid
Dr_Dragonoid
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 13/2/2014, 4:15 am

As yamiteh said, the oc/uc amount was pretty silly, but more pressingly, it would be much better if you explained why you did what you did (essentially if you explained margin checking and so forth).

Also, if you're going to give examples of other items to use, try to give a less... tiny list. Smile
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr_Dragonoid 15/2/2014, 2:00 pm

Phileep wrote:As yamiteh said, the oc/uc amount was pretty silly, but more pressingly, it would be much better if you explained why you did what you did (essentially if you explained margin checking and so forth).

Also, if you're going to give examples of other items to use, try to give a less... tiny list. Smile
Okie dokie
Dr_Dragonoid
Dr_Dragonoid
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down