Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Badge Suggestion

5 posters

Go down

Do you want a loyalty badge?

Badge Suggestion I_vote_lcap50%Badge Suggestion I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 6 ]
Badge Suggestion I_vote_lcap50%Badge Suggestion I_vote_rcap 50% 
[ 6 ]
Badge Suggestion I_vote_lcap0%Badge Suggestion I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 12

Badge Suggestion Empty Badge Suggestion

Post by Gildarts 3/3/2014, 12:35 am

Hi I thought about this for a little bit and I was wondering if you would consider on making a loyalty badge for every year or so a person has been registered to the forum.
I think it should be for every year the person can request a badge change.
Please also respond to the poll and leave any comments be it positive or negative as I really think its a good idea.
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Badge Suggestion Empty Re: Badge Suggestion

Post by Yamiteh 3/3/2014, 12:37 am

There is already a Loyal Member badge so I'd say no.
Not to mention if this was to come out people would also want 2 year badges, 3 year, maybe even posts/reps badges. It would just be too much imo.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gummy 3/3/2014, 1:24 am

It's not necessarily loyalty. Someone could have made an account in 2010, left for two years, and only been here active for one year but receive the four year badge based on their join date. The more simple version of this response is that - if a person wants to see how long you have been here, they can look directly under your profile right above where a badge would be and read the 'join date' for each member. I know badges look nice, but they should really have a reason behind it.
Gummy
Gummy
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps 3/3/2014, 11:36 am

If we did not have 70900 registered users and if badges did not have to be added manually one at a time, maybe.
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 5/3/2014, 8:40 pm

Gummy wrote:It's not necessarily loyalty. Someone could have made an account in 2010, left for two years, and only been here active for one year but receive the four year badge based on their join date. The more simple version of this response is that - if a person wants to see how long you have been here, they can look directly under your profile right above where a badge would be and read the 'join date' for each member. I know badges look nice, but they should really have a reason behind it.

Inhaps wrote:If we did not have 70900 registered users and if badges did not have to be added manually one at a time, maybe.

^

All that is essentially what I'd say. Seeing as the badge would have no merit because some people make accounts awhile back, but don't really actively post or drop off the radar, it doesn't really do a lot expect say you joined earlier than others. True loyalty is persistence and dedication to the forums without necessarily being granted a fancy badge or color name, at least that's my $0.02 on the matter ^^.
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down