What is the key to getting fit or to ripped?

Go down

What is the key to getting fit or to ripped?

Post by Ko Boy Fresh on 8/4/2014, 2:12 am

I am trying to figure out how/when/what is the formula for getting fit or ripped?

I believe its 30% workout 70% diet.

Some people told me about Mike Chang via Sixpackshortcuts. What is the idea behind him.

Ko Boy Fresh
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Re: What is the key to getting fit or to ripped?

Post by Kaneo71 on 9/4/2014, 11:54 am

The way I see it is that if you want to get ripped or fit in any way shape or form,you must be 100% dedicated to what you want to achieve.
There isn't a quick formula that you use.
Diet is the most important thing (the way I see it anyway) because there's no point working out and then your body doesn't have the nutrients and carbs it needs to recover your muscles and to make them bigger and stronger Smile
Bodybuilding.com is great resource and provides everything you'd need Smile
Kaneo71
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by antdemo on 9/4/2014, 5:34 pm

eat

10min work out 4x a week, push ups+pull ups for 2months then head to gym or stick to home exercise which is what I do.
antdemo
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ko Boy Fresh on 10/4/2014, 12:33 am

Any specifics for the Push ups+pull ups like how many reps?

Does having a high metabolism make a difference?

Ko Boy Fresh
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KetchupFTW on 12/4/2014, 6:03 pm

You better just go to the gym 3-4-5 times a week for atleast 45 minutes to an hour. Doing push ups for 10 minutes a day won't cut it. Not only is it tough and not fun to do, there is also just targeting of the belly muscles and when you're a bit chubby, you won't even see result (bodyfat will block the abs <- cardio is the way to counter body fat, google it).

You have to ask yourself a very important question: where does your focus lie: losing weight, getting more muscle mass, getting a better condition etc.

Also keep in mind that you need to let a certain muscle group rest before training them again, to get the optimal results.

I myself do the following:

Tuesday: 20 minutes cardio (warming up/condition), triceps, chest, shoulders, belly
Wednesday: 20 minutes cardio (warming up/condition), biceps, back, legs, belly
Friday: 20 minutes cardio (warming up/condition), triceps, chest, shoulders, belly
Saturday/sunday: 20 minutes cardio (warming up/condition), biceps, back, legs, belly

And like someone said before: you have to be motivated. Don't expect a quick result: you won't be seeing much the first months (especially when you're coming from a non-sporty attitude). A high metabolism will help you lose weight quicker, but not with gaining muscles or feeling more fit.
KetchupFTW
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQhqikWnQCU

Back to top Go down

Post by KushBush on 12/4/2014, 6:13 pm

It'd help if you provided your height, weight and age. I could give you some great tips to get you started getting stronger, etc.

Here's a little run down of how I usually do.

During the spring, I have soccer practice every day for 2 hours so I get great cardio during that but we also focus a lot on working out our core. So basically, I run miles on miles everyday, planks (side planks, straight planks, pushup planks), flutter kicks, and occasionally some other things. Before every practice, I try to get a seperate mile around my track in.

Besides soccer practice everyday, I try to get in the gym atleast 3 times through M-F. While in the gym, my workout varies immensly. It all depends what I'm working for. This is where your goals and personal wants come into play.

That's a little about me, I weigh around 185 and am 6ft. I'm a pretty big dude so I know what I'm talking about.

Since you're trying to get 'ripped' you're going to want to eat insane amounts of calories, lots of protein, but you have to make sure you are working HARD in the gym. If you're trying to get ripped you're going to need to be in the gym a lot. It's going to take a lot of commitment and determination but anything is possible.

Good luck and if you have any questions, reply or pm me. I'll aways be able to help.

KushBush
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts on 12/4/2014, 9:05 pm

For ripped I would go for cardio workouts, squat thrusts, pushups, leg raised push ups, bike machine, do a 10 min cycle and every 30 seconds switch the pace to as fast are you can possible and keep that pace for 10 seconds, pull ups, chin ups. all of these will get you ripped, but you diet for such work outs would be a definite 3 meals a day with some types of nuts in between meals pistachios are always good.
Do such work outs at least 3 times a week and you should see results within 2 weeks.

Spoiler:

My Vouches:http://www.smokinelite.com/t81285-kid-gildarts-vouches-19
My merching Log: http://www.smokinelite.com/t81013-kid-rampage5-s-merching-log#1121170
My Art log: http://www.smokinelite.com/t81402-kid-s-art-log
My 1-99 Prayer guide: http://www.smokinelite.com/t81023-runescape-1-99-prayer-guide
[/center]
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daba on 13/4/2014, 1:14 am

if you want true gains you need to cycle between bulks and cuts
Daba
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by MerchTilIDie on 14/4/2014, 2:51 pm

Mike Chang helped me immensely when ever I had first started working out. While he is a bit of a sell out, he still knows what he's talking about and has amazing tips and workout routines. Don't worry about buying his whole sixpackshortcut program, it's mostly based around after burn, which is something anyone can learn about with google.

Among the list of others you should check out: fortress, scooby1961, frank medrano, and strengthcamp.

Anyways, if you want to get fit, do a lot of cardio and fast paced workouts, and eat healthy. It's as simple as that.

Honestly, I've never changed up my diet for body building and I've always seen results, but that might just be because I'm young and have a high metabolism. If I had a strict diet, I might be a bit bigger, but honestly I'm content with my body. I've been working out for like 2 years. When I started, I weighed 110, now I weigh 160 and bench press 230.

Feel free to message me if you want any tips or routines.
MerchTilIDie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by GamblePro on 22/4/2014, 3:44 am

Simple:

To slim:
Eat less calories than you burn, and work out.

To build:
Eat more calories, and also work out.

Repeat x 1000
GamblePro
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

https://www.youtube.com/xbonolifes

Back to top Go down

Post by Frekwency on 3/5/2014, 2:28 am

Hey, I'm super into working out and I've been going to the gym for 3 years.

My routine switches as my schedule differs from time to time, so you should take into consideration that every workout you see online should be tailored to fit your needs.

Right now, I workout every weekday after work @ 6pm. Here's what I'm following:

The only difference is I don't split the week up and I skip the rest day and don't workout over the weekend. I also don't do much cardio, because I'm trying to gain weight right now. I run for 10 minutes after every workout. (sometimes I skip the day after leg day if I'm too sore)

I've had a personal trainer and I've also just made up my own routines, but I'm really liking this 5 day workout I'm doing right now.

Here's where I'm getting my instructions:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw94.htm

As for food, I would say getting 'ripped' is %80 food and %20 workout. The reason I say this is because I worked out for 2 years straight not being very consistent with my daily calorie intake and I barely gained any weight.

THE KEY TO GAINING WEIGHT IS MEAT. I eat 2 big macs directly after every workout*. It was hard at first, but now I could finish a third with no problem.

*I actually stopped the big mac eating awhile ago and started cooking my own meat because I save a shit ton of money. 2 big macs = 1100 calories and a boat load of protein.

BUY PROTEIN SUPPLEMENTS AND DRINK IT EVERY DAY.

I drink %100 WHEY PROTEIN GOLD STANDARD and I buy it in 10lb quantities. This will usually last 1-2 months and cheapest I've found has been $80 (it came in a box, not any sort of commercial container.. look for that. It's the best bang for your buck)

Look up meal plans for gaining weight. Usually I spend ~$50/week on food and that's if I dont eat out. If you eat out, you will be spending a lot more money.

Everything I've said here should not be taken %100 seriously as I'm just telling you what has worked for me. Learn how your body reacts to everything you buy and move on from there.

Also, protein = farting for days.

Edit: There are no short cuts and it is not easy. Work your ass off and you will see results in 6 months.
Frekwency
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen on 4/5/2014, 11:22 pm

Do you want to get fit, or ripped? And what is your definition of each?

By fit, do you mean; being able to run long distances, increasing your endurance, or do you mean just for overall health.

For ripped; do you want six packs, eight packs, or do you want to get into more advance bodybuilding or powerlifting?

You have to define what you mean and how you want to get a direction of where to go.

Cardio is good, but will only take you so far. You can't just rely on cardio for losing weight. You have to implement some degree of weight lifting into your routine.
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum