Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

+2
GiovanniM
Inhaps
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Which is your favourite signature?

Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_lcap45%Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 5 ]
Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_lcap36%Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_rcap 36% 
[ 4 ]
Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_lcap18%Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Empty Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Post by Inhaps 12/5/2014, 8:25 pm

Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED M9xfw5E

Rules:
Your entry must be your own work; no stealing other people's work or entering in pre-made graphics
In the signature, please have your name or something related to the theme as the text
No animated entries, explicit images, text, or contents
Please include the render/stock used or a screen shot of the image in the program you used. You do not have to put up both.
Sizes are not super strict, please just try not to exceed 500x350 (or if vertical 350x500).
When in voting, you may not persuade others to vote for your entry, or vote for your own.

Prizes:
1st place: 10M
2nd place: 8M
3rd place: 4m
Public favourite: 3M

Judging System
We will have judges who will vote on all entries, and there will be a poll once the thread is in voting so you can decide your winner and favourite!
This is what the judges will be looking at so make sure you know! Each Section will be for a total of 10 points 40 total.
Spoiler:
Theme: Seasons

Be inspired:
Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Summer_magic_by_maiko2b-d7i268o
author: [x]

Entry Deadline: May 19, 2014

FIRST PLACE and public favourite: DoYouPlay_RS - 62/80
Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Winter_miku___signature_by_ouaran-d7id2aq
Inhaps' critique -32:
Kelly's critique - 30:

SECOND PLACE: Heppernaut - 58.5/80
Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Winter11
Inhaps' critique - 30:
Kelly's critique - 28.5:

THIRD PLACE: GiovanniMoonen - 45.5/80
Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Q4A8ghv
Inhaps' critique - 24:
Kelly's critique - 21.5:

Last edited by Inhaps on 16/6/2014, 8:09 pm; edited 5 times in total
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Empty Re: Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Post by GiovanniM 13/5/2014, 2:02 pm

on it

EDIT:

I know i'm not good at it but i gave it my best shot

Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED BGMe2G3

black lagoon ftw

proof:

https://i.imgur.com/xoyldii.png

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Empty Re: Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Post by Inhaps 13/5/2014, 3:17 pm

GiovanniMoonen wrote:on it

EDIT:

black lagoon ftw

proof:

A bit lacking, needs something more to tie her into the background. See how the original image has some fancy lines? Otherwise it would seem somewhat empty. It also needs text as per the rules.
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovanniM 13/5/2014, 3:47 pm

Inhaps wrote:

EDIT:

black lagoon ftw

proof:

A bit lacking, needs something more to tie her into the background. See how the original image has some fancy lines? Otherwise it would seem somewhat empty. It also needs text as per the rules.

Idk much about photoshop man, how do you add glowy affect and glowy lines lol

EDIT:

Real entry:

Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Lo5K2sB

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps 14/5/2014, 2:47 pm

GiovanniMoonen wrote:
Inhaps wrote:

EDIT:

black lagoon ftw

proof:

EDIT:

Real entry:

That's already much of an improvement.
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 14/5/2014, 8:20 pm

Music really affects my style depending on whats on .-.

Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Winter_miku___signature_by_ouaran-d7id2aq

Spoiler:
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Heppernaut 15/5/2014, 12:44 am

I know what you're all going to think. It had to be done though.

Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Winter10

Spoiler:

Heppernaut
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps 15/5/2014, 8:33 pm

DoYouPlay_RS wrote:Music really affects my style depending on whats on .-.

Spoiler:

The render loses a lot of its charm from being monochromatic, more so with such strong saturation.

Heppernaut wrote:I know what you're all going to think. It had to be done though.

Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Winter10

Spoiler:

I don't really know why but the mist looks weird.
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heppernaut 15/5/2014, 8:47 pm

Fixed it, IMO anyways. Thanks for the tip

Heppernaut
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps 16/5/2014, 8:13 am

Heppernaut wrote:Fixed it, IMO anyways. Thanks for the tip

Definitely looks better now; wasn't sure if you intended it to look whitewashed, so good job.
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovanniM 17/5/2014, 3:24 pm

double post

Last edited by GiovanniMoonen on 19/5/2014, 10:50 am; edited 3 times in total

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps 17/5/2014, 3:37 pm

GiovanniMoonen wrote:
Inhaps wrote:
GiovanniMoonen wrote:
Inhaps wrote:

EDIT:

black lagoon ftw

proof:

EDIT:

Real entry:

That's already much of an improvement.

Thank you, I wanted to add a bit more shine to it but I'm a newb Razz

You still can and should. In fact, you still need text if you want a better score. Google for tutorials on how to add flair to signatures if you cannot figure it out all on your own, which, to be fair, might be the case; it is difficult to create something if you do not fully understand the tools at your disposal.
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovanniM 17/5/2014, 11:11 pm

Alright, Real entry, And this time ill leave it and won't change it! Very Happy

Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Q4A8ghv

proof:
https://i.imgur.com/8n0Wlby.png

EDIT:

added a 1 pixel boarder and made the watermark dark.

Last edited by GiovanniMoonen on 19/5/2014, 5:30 pm; edited 7 times in total

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heppernaut 18/5/2014, 5:08 pm

GiovanniMoonen wrote:Alright, Real entry, And this time ill leave it and won't change it! Very Happy

Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED 5ux7JLL

proof:

This is an extremely drastic change in quality. Very nice work mate. If I may suggest adding a border and perhaps making your signature (lettering) more integrated.
Huge improvement though, +1 man

Heppernaut
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 18/5/2014, 6:09 pm

GiovanniMoonen wrote:Alright, Real entry, And this time ill leave it and won't change it! Very Happy

Signature of the Week #84! Theme: Seasons! - WINNERS ANNOUNCED 5ux7JLL

proof:

Per request to give some feedback, an improvement from your last entry, but the render itself (your focal) is quite large, but arguably alright. The "Giovanni" text doesn't work, it's very distracting and becoming a secondary focal (which you don't want), and is a color that isn't seen anywhere else in your piece. I agree with Heppernaut on a boarder, try a 1 pixel black boarder. Keep looking at tutorials and keep at it Smile.
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovanniM 18/5/2014, 6:50 pm

Kelly wrote:
Per request to give some feedback, an improvement from your last entry, but the render itself (your focal) is quite large, but arguably alright. The "Giovanni" text doesn't work, it's very distracting and becoming a secondary focal (which you don't want), and is a color that isn't seen anywhere else in your piece. I agree with Heppernaut on a boarder, try a 1 pixel black boarder. Keep looking at tutorials and keep at it Smile.

Heppernaut wrote:

This is an extremely drastic change in quality. Very nice work mate. If I may suggest adding a border and perhaps making your signature (lettering) more integrated.
Huge improvement though, +1 man

Thanks for the positive feedback guys <3 Smile

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stitch 20/5/2014, 9:19 am

Too late to enter this one I take it?

EDIT: Just saw the deadline on the front page. Damn, I had a good idea for this one.
Stitch
Stitch
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

http://stitchgfx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps 20/5/2014, 10:53 am

Forgive my tardiness. I got distracted by final exams.
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovanniM 20/5/2014, 12:28 pm

Inhaps wrote:Forgive my tardiness. I got distracted by final exams.

you are so suuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-ed.

ot; gl guys.

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heppernaut 20/5/2014, 8:37 pm

Hey Inhaps, do you mind using the fixed version of my entry rather than the one with the weird facial smoke?

Heppernaut
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhaps 20/5/2014, 8:49 pm

Heppernaut wrote:Hey Inhaps, do you mind using the fixed version of my entry rather than the one with the weird facial smoke?
I can and I will.
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovanniM 21/5/2014, 6:16 am

Inhaps wrote:
Heppernaut wrote:Hey Inhaps, do you mind using the fixed version of my entry rather than the one with the weird facial smoke?
I can and I will.

You didn't add my latest image, You took the one with the bright watermark and i made a few small modifications on monday.

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stitch 22/5/2014, 9:08 am

Cast my vote.

Had to go for technicality over creativity though haha

Gl all
Stitch
Stitch
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

http://stitchgfx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 24/5/2014, 12:06 am

Voted. I feel the best of them was DYPR's, but his didn't really have a "winter" season feel to it, and Gio's didn't either since the woman is sleeveless shirt and running in cold. But Hepper's fits the theme most, though. Good luck everyone Smile.

Take care!
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovanniM 24/5/2014, 12:29 pm

Kelly wrote:Voted. I feel the best of them was DYPR's, but his didn't really have a "winter" season feel to it, and Gio's didn't either since the woman is sleeveless shirt and running in cold. But Hepper's fits the theme most, though. Good luck everyone Smile.

Take care!

Yeah heppernaut his signature is good,
And the girl in my image doesn't need a jacket or anything  afro 

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next