Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible upcoming boss changes?

+3
Blood
Cille
Yamiteh
7 posters

Go down

Possible upcoming boss changes? Empty Possible upcoming boss changes?

Post by Yamiteh 15/5/2014, 4:01 pm

This is actually a few days old, but I've just now noticed it and thought I'd share.

There have been some changes to some of RS3 bosses in the *beta*
You can read about it here: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/sl=0/forums.ws?360,361,392,65368444

Now those updates are in beta so it is not yet confirmed if they will actually happen on live game, but what do you think?

Personally I think QBD and GWD will still be easily soloable and won't get much harder really.
As for KK... It starting in a random phase could be a bit annoying but probably not a big problem if you can switch fast enough. Happy double green is getting a fix even though I've only seen it happen once, it was pretty annoying. Minions can KO you and sometimes there is a situation in which you can't escape them so I guess it's not wrong their spawns hit less.

Nex seems to have got the biggest buff imo. Increased damage will probably lower the already not so long trips(from my little experience) which sucks since it is pretty far from common banks. Blood phase cycling faster could make it harder to outdps the healing on duos or solos I guess.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Possible upcoming boss changes? Empty Re: Possible upcoming boss changes?

Post by Cille 16/5/2014, 9:03 pm

Im actually hoping to see all of this being implemented.

PvM has become too easy, and even though they may be minor fixes (gwd etc) it will still make it a bit harder.
I'm looking forward to see how annoying KK will be when it spawns randomly, although I don't think it will be a huge problem Smile Very happy to see the decrease in damage from minions spawn.

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 16/5/2014, 10:58 pm

Yeah it has become pretty easy with EoC but... It has always been that old bosses get easier with time.

New gear and weapons released, tactics discovered etc. When Corp was first released it was hard. Then came turm, ovls, gano, chaotics and it became easily soloable. I think it makes sense for the old bosses to become easier over time and there are new bosses coming out for people still looking for challenge(and good profit). I'd prefer hard mode for KK or Nex with increased drops :p
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood 16/5/2014, 11:03 pm

Hard mode KK? People have enough trouble with hardmode gwd bosses; hardmode KK would just be ridiculous. I know a lot of people actually stay away from hardmode gwd, because the drops aren't anything all that special so they would have to make it really worth the while if ever heading in that direction.
Blood
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix 17/5/2014, 7:13 am

not a fan of the idea kk will be able to spawn in mage phase, but def love the decrease in damage from minions spawn, thats what gets me a lot.

also they should make an elite mode for gwd, the hard modes are still easy soloable
piramatrix
piramatrix
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille 17/5/2014, 10:10 am

Yamiteh wrote:Yeah it has become pretty easy with EoC but... It has always been that old bosses get easier with time.

New gear and weapons released, tactics discovered etc. When Corp was first released it was hard. Then came turm, ovls, gano, chaotics and it became easily soloable. I think it makes sense for the old bosses to become easier over time and there are new bosses coming out for people still looking for challenge(and good profit). I'd prefer hard mode for KK or Nex with increased drops :p

Well yes ofc it will become easier over time, no doubt about that. But they should also buff them as they become easier imo, to still keep it somewhat challenging even for low levels or people who have never been.
I taught a friend of mine solo bandos, he had NEVER been to PvM and he solod his 2nd kill ever.

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 17/5/2014, 11:11 am

I know, some things are getting too easy these days, but would still prefer hard mode or something like that.

@Blood
Yeah hard mode gwd has pretty bad drops. Is there even anything good besides the soulstone?
What I meant when I said hard mode KK is simply maybe more hp, more balls in mage phase, less time to react in greens etc. with increased drygore drop. Like Vorago which has increased seismic drops on hard mode.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille 18/5/2014, 11:13 am

Yamiteh wrote:I know, some things are getting too easy these days, but would still prefer hard mode or something like that.

@Blood
Yeah hard mode gwd has pretty bad drops. Is there even anything good besides the soulstone?
What I meant when I said hard mode KK is simply maybe more hp, more balls in mage phase, less time to react in greens etc. with increased drygore drop. Like Vorago which has increased seismic drops on hard mode.

Wouldn't be too bad really with hardmode like that, however would be annoying in mage phase XD Especially if you were to do masses in hardmode :p

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix 18/5/2014, 9:14 pm

Mage phase is not the hard during masses if the dps's stand against the wall out of the reach of the kk
piramatrix
piramatrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 18/5/2014, 11:32 pm

Yeah but the problem is in most cases they don't. They are in KK range attacking it.
Only when minions spawn they are maybe out of range.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 21/5/2014, 12:01 am

Hmmm i am not much into pvm but it is good to see this, i hope it gets added to the bosses as many tell me even EoC pvm is to easy and needs a challenge..maybe level 99 weapons and armor next. Razz
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovanniM 21/5/2014, 5:48 am

nope really not a fan of it :/

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille 21/5/2014, 10:34 am

GiovanniMoonen wrote:nope really not a fan of it :/

And why is that?
As far as I remember, you're not a fan of EOC as a whole, so could you elaborate as to why you don't like this when you don't even play eoc? Razz

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 21/5/2014, 11:16 am

RedRaven yeah in EoC once you have some practice I don't think it's much about being able to survive and do a kill. It's more like being able to DPS to the max and survive for several trips.

Btw someone told me Jagex now said on one of their streams that EoC bosses are going to get balanced so they can also be killed in legacy. Can anyone confirm this?

This could change some of the bosses by a bit.
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by WisdomStar 21/5/2014, 12:05 pm

Okay my main boss is KK ofcourse. I do NOT think random phase will make KK harder/easier but It'll make all 3 styles balanced. I think Drygore weapons will rise because of that and may expect ascensions/seismic dropping. Nex damage has been incresed because most duos dont even use food on kills.
WisdomStar
WisdomStar
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down