Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Future of Smokin|Minecraft

+5
Aezure
Yamiteh
GiovanniM
Natsu
Michael
9 posters

Go down

What MC Version?

The Future of Smokin|Minecraft I_vote_lcap55%The Future of Smokin|Minecraft I_vote_rcap 55% 
[ 6 ]
The Future of Smokin|Minecraft I_vote_lcap45%The Future of Smokin|Minecraft I_vote_rcap 45% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

The Future of Smokin|Minecraft Empty The Future of Smokin|Minecraft

Post by Michael 24/5/2014, 2:26 pm

Since Pleco has been absent for a while now, I'm making this post to see if anyone is still interesting in playing Minecraft.

If so please fill out the following:

• Are you interesting in playing Minecraft?
  • How much would you play?
  • Would you be willing to help with setting up the Economy and other necessary things in game?
  • What version of Minecraft do you want to play? (Vanilla, Bukkit, Modded, Tekkit, Voltz, FTB, etc...) (I am very familiar with the server side of all of these.)
  • Would you want a fresh start or have me get the map from the old server?
  • Would loyal members + receive bonuses in game?

Feel free to add anything that you feel is necessary

Michael wrote:I have put up a server to begin working on everything feel free to join: 162.220.59.170 (Minecraft 1.7.9)

If you have any questions or just want to chat/idle feel free to join #Smokin_Minecraft IRC channel

Last edited by Michael on 26/5/2014, 12:53 am; edited 4 times in total
Michael
Michael
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

The Future of Smokin|Minecraft Empty Re: The Future of Smokin|Minecraft

Post by Natsu 24/5/2014, 11:07 pm

Are you interesting in playing Minecraft? Yes
How much would you play? 1-2 hours a day, depends on how addictive it is Razz
Would you be willing to help with setting up the Economy and other necessary things in game?
once what that means is explained then sure i'll do anything I can to help Smile.
What version of Minecraft do you want to play? (Vanilla, Bukkit, Modded, Tekkit, Voltz, FTB, etc...) (I am very familiar with the server side of all of these.)
not sure.
Would you want a fresh start or have me get the map from the old server? Fresh Start
Would loyal members + receive bonuses in game? Gonna be bias here as a lm+ and say yes Razz

Last edited by Gintoki on 25/5/2014, 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Natsu
Natsu
Event Demon

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovanniM 24/5/2014, 11:16 pm

Are you interesting in playing Minecraft?
yes.

How much would you play?
maybe 1-5 hours a day depends if I'm very busy with other stuff or not.

Would you be willing to help with setting up the Economy and other necessary things in game?
sure.

What version of Minecraft do you want to play?
FTB/Tekkit, Probably played these for 1000+ hours!

Would you want a fresh start or have me get the map from the old server?
Fresh start.

Would loyal members + receive bonuses in game?
No.

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Yamiteh 24/5/2014, 11:44 pm

Are you interesting in playing Minecraft? A bit
How much would you play? Not much probably. up to 3 hours a week. Well... if it turns out to be really fun then more.
Would you be willing to help with setting up the Economy and other necessary things in game? Not really, don't know how anyway.
What version of Minecraft do you want to play? (Vanilla, Bukkit, Modded, Tekkit, Voltz, FTB, etc...) (I am very familiar with the server side of all of these.) Vanilla, but idm
Would you want a fresh start or have me get the map from the old server? Fresh, but I don't really mind.
Would loyal members + receive bonuses in game? Maybe cosmetic bonuses if that's possible. MC donors could get any useful bonuses.(flying)
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aezure 25/5/2014, 12:46 am

Are you interesting in playing Minecraft? Ofc.
How much would you play? Hard to say, if like before the server is down whenever I want to play then not much. If not then probably a few times every week at least.
Would you be willing to help with setting up the Economy and other necessary things in game? Ofc.
What version of Minecraft do you want to play? (Vanilla, Bukkit, Modded, Tekkit, Voltz, FTB, etc...) (I am very familiar with the server side of all of these.) Bukkit but a relatively close to Vanilla version with only a few utility mods (stargates, death chests, etc). Let's keep it simple to begin with then start building up if stuff goes well.
Would you want a fresh start or have me get the map from the old server? Fresh Map, but I'd like to have the chance to grab some of the landmarks of the old map and move them over (not just my own stuff).
Would loyal members + receive bonuses in game? Keep it simple to begin with, that can be added in later.
Aezure
Aezure
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

http://5jungle.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 25/5/2014, 4:49 pm

I have put up a server to begin working on everything feel free to join: 162.220.59.170 (Minecraft 1.7.9)
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Spunq 25/5/2014, 4:56 pm

Are you interesting in playing Minecraft? Yes
How much would you play? Used to play 5hours + daily, now not so much
Would you be willing to help with setting up the Economy and other necessary things in game? Nu uh (apart from a house ofc Razz)
What version of Minecraft do you want to play? (Vanilla, Bukkit, Modded, Tekkit, Voltz, FTB, etc...) (I am very familiar with the server side of all of these.) FTB Direwolf 20 1.6.4, used to have a server
Would you want a fresh start or have me get the map from the old server? Fresh
Would loyal members + receive bonuses in game? Unfair based on the fact that Minecraft and the goals of SM are different, so should be no advantages for the status of a user Razz
Spunq
Spunq

Back to top Go down

Post by pokeguyx 26/5/2014, 12:20 am

Are you interesting in playing Minecraft? Yup ^.^
How much would you play? long term probably a couple of hours a day, nearly finished exams so I got a long summer ahead and I would be on more Smile

Would you be willing to help with setting up the Economy and other necessary things in game? wouldn't know what I was doing but I could try Surprised
What version of Minecraft do you want to play? (Vanilla, Bukkit, Modded, Tekkit, Voltz, FTB, etc...) (I am very familiar with the server side of all of these.) idk D:
Would you want a fresh start or have me get the map from the old server? freeeshhhhh
Would loyal members + receive bonuses in game? nou Sad
pokeguyx
pokeguyx
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by gunmage8 26/5/2014, 12:43 am

Are you interesting in playing Minecraft? Yeah
How much would you play? If it was FTB a lot.
What version of Minecraft do you want to play? (Vanilla, Bukkit, Modded, Tekkit, Voltz, FTB, etc...) (I am very familiar with the server side of all of these.) Ftb either Monster or Dw20
Would loyal members + receive bonuses in game? Nah
gunmage8
gunmage8
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 26/5/2014, 1:06 am

To start narrowing things down I have added a poll so select either Bukkit or FTB. If there is an option such as Tekkit, Voltz that you want to vote for simply post it but most of the posts so far have been Bukkit/FTB or unsure.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovanniM 26/5/2014, 5:10 am

gunmage8 wrote:Are you interesting in playing Minecraft? Yeah
What version of Minecraft do you want to play? (Vanilla, Bukkit, Modded, Tekkit, Voltz, FTB, etc...) (I am very familiar with the server side of all of these.) Ftb either Monster or Dw20

DW20 is cheaty,

Power suits are way overpowered.
Equal Exchange can get you anything by crafting.
Applied energistics is just cheating because you can store items in a friggin hard drive >.>

So I'd rather have those 3 removed.

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spunq 26/5/2014, 11:18 am

GiovanniM wrote:

DW20 is cheaty,

Applied energistics is just cheating because you can store items in a friggin hard drive >.>

You say Direwolf 20 is cheaty, but everything you do on it is your own, you don't have to use the ME mod (For the terminal/HDD), but using equal exchange is cheating since you can convert junk into good items. Razz Either way I hope FTB is used and it's DW20 as I love that Razz
Spunq
Spunq

Back to top Go down

Post by GiovanniM 26/5/2014, 11:43 am

Spunq wrote:
GiovanniM wrote:

DW20 is cheaty,

You say Direwolf 20 is cheaty, but everything you do on it is your own, you don't have to use the ME mod (For the terminal/HDD), but using equal exchange is cheating since you can convert junk into good items. :PEither way I hope FTB is used and it's DW20 as I love that Razz

1 vote more for FTB! Razz
YES!
I always wanted to play on a server with people you can trust, so you don't need shitty mods to prevent grieving :PPPPPP

GiovanniM
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Spunq 26/5/2014, 1:19 pm

GiovanniM wrote:
Spunq wrote:
GiovanniM wrote:

DW20 is cheaty,

You say Direwolf 20 is cheaty, but everything you do on it is your own, you don't have to use the ME mod (For the terminal/HDD), but using equal exchange is cheating since you can convert junk into good items. :PEither way I hope FTB is used and it's DW20 as I love that Razz

1 vote more for FTB! Razz
YES!
I always wanted to play on a server with people you can trust, so you don't need shitty mods to prevent grieving :PPPPPP

Also on DW20, there is a MFFS which you can have a forcefield around your area to prevent grieving, with a kill system if someone was to tp into your area Razz
Spunq
Spunq

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 26/5/2014, 4:23 pm

Bukkit is currently winning, I feel that if we go the route of Bukkit more people will be able to play because some FTB mods cause lag. Perhaps we should start off simple like Aezure suggested and work from there.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 26/5/2014, 8:12 pm

Bukkit is the winner. Feel free to join our beta server! I'll be making a post soon asking which plugins you guys want.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperfectpur 28/5/2014, 11:13 am

Very nice discussion going on in here. I am looking forward to seeing where this goes!
I've always enjoyed some good old fashioned Minecraft!
Imperfectpur
Imperfectpur
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down