Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future Updates (Towny)

3 posters

Go down

Do You Want Towny Added?

Future Updates (Towny) I_vote_lcap100%Future Updates (Towny) I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 4 ]
Future Updates (Towny) I_vote_lcap0%Future Updates (Towny) I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Future Updates (Towny) Empty Future Updates (Towny)

Post by Michael 1/6/2014, 12:58 am

Towny was a major player in the old server, most people loved it, but some people hated it. I'm going to put up a poll to see if Towny is something that is going to stay around in the new server.

Towny
Towny is a plugin for a Bukkit modded Minecraft server. The plugin itself is a manager for a Resident-Town-Nation hierarchy, as well as a block permission manager for a grid-like protection system. Each town has a mayor, while a nation has a king. They both have their own assistants to help run their respective people. Players can also purchase land from the town, as well as an optional daily tax set by the mayor. The player can allow his friends from out of town to build on his land when even his very own town's people can't build if he so wishes.

The bases of protection follows under how the world is separated into chunks. For those unaware, minecraft servers are broken up into 16x16x128 sections of blocks. The 128 being the height from the adimantium floor to the clouds in the sky. The protection ignores the height an focuses on the x and z planes. The default size for grid squares is 16x16, similar to the chunk size (configurable when you start using towny). So claiming a townblock (a grid square) allows that section of land to follow your town's or the plot owner's permissions.

Each town can claim up to a certain amount of townblocks, a set ratio or amount configured in the setting that is relative to the amount of players taking residence in that town. Residents themselves have no limit on how many they claim, however the daily tax (when using alongside iConomy) will take a bite out of their resources. The money is tunneled to the town's bank account that only the mayor can withdraw from, except if the town belongs to a nation. Any town belonging to a nation may be required to pay the nation a daily upkeep as well.

The gods of the land (admins) have the ability to start and end wartime mode. During war, most commands are frozen in order to focus on the event. Whilst at war, block permissions are ignored and any town that is in a nation is completely unprotected to the other nations residents. Also, each cell, or townblock, is given a certain amount of health. When a non-allied player enters the townblock, the townblock's health decreases. The town's residents have to force the player's out while still attacking others. When the health reaches zero, the town loses claim over that townblock. The focus is to defeat the each town's home block where the town's people spawn from.

http://palmergames.com/towny/
Michael
Michael
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Future Updates (Towny) Empty Re: Future Updates (Towny)

Post by pokeguyx 1/6/2014, 1:05 am

yesyesyes <3Towny
pokeguyx
pokeguyx
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 1/6/2014, 1:39 am

pokeguyx wrote:yesyesyes <3Towny

It's a great plugin, I just hope I can it up so that it's takes money from the game but not too much, that was a issue before. I had to pay a rent of over 8,000 pixels a day which was added up to be a bunch considering 8,000 = 8m EOC. I hope to even it out a little bit better than that.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by pokeguyx 1/6/2014, 11:05 am

Michael wrote:

It's a great plugin, I just hope I can it up so that it's takes money from the game but not too much, that was a issue before. I had to pay a rent of over 8,000 pixels a day which was added up to be a bunch considering 8,000 = 8m EOC. I hope to even it out a little bit better than that.

Uhm yeah that sound pretty expensive xD I remember having my cute lil beach house and had to pay barely any rent cuz it was so small Razz we going to be able to get jobs aswell?
pokeguyx
pokeguyx
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 1/6/2014, 1:42 pm

pokeguyx wrote:
Michael wrote:

Uhm yeah that sound pretty expensive xD I remember having my cute lil beach house and had to pay barely any rent cuz it was so small :Pwe going to be able to get jobs aswell?

Yes I have already added the 'jobs' plugin and I'll add stuff as soon as I figure it out.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by gunmage8 1/6/2014, 6:37 pm

I would love to have towny on this here fine server!
gunmage8
gunmage8
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 5/6/2014, 5:36 pm

I will be adding Towny sometime in the coming days, the rent will be free for a few weeks but it will still cost in game currency to claim land
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 7/6/2014, 3:05 pm

Towny has been added, please do not use it yet though because it is not configured with claims and how much each claim/tax/outpost will cost. I will clear all Towny data before I start to configure it later so using Towny now will only result in the possibility of losing money that I might not be able to get back for you if I can't find proof of it in the backups.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down