Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-Virus blocking IP

5 posters

Go down

Anti-Virus blocking IP Empty Anti-Virus blocking IP

Post by Huluplus 1/6/2014, 2:02 am

184.107.77.235 has repeatedly attempted to connect to my computer when I access the SM forums. It can't get past my firewalls anymore, but before I updated to this new anti-virus anti-hacking software I was not getting this message. Does anyone know what this is? I tried searching for it but all I can uncover is an address and the ISP is "IWeb Technologies".
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Anti-Virus blocking IP Empty Re: Anti-Virus blocking IP

Post by Michael 1/6/2014, 2:16 am

I had a similar issue with this. It was either an advertisement or part of someone's sig. Look around for a broken picture or something when it comes up. Mine blocked part of Kelly's sig but I dunno about that one.
Michael
Michael
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms. Santa 1/6/2014, 4:15 am

IP seems to link to this website as well: http://gfxresource.com/

Not sure how that pertains to anything but yeah.
Ms. Santa
Ms. Santa
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 1/6/2014, 4:52 pm

I been getting the same issue to with the ip being blocked as well as that site ms santa posted, i am not sure what exactly is causing it however it is only triggered when i view certain threads or forum areas. This tells me it is someones forum sig however i cannot confirm whos which is triggering mine to block stuff.
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 1/6/2014, 7:09 pm

Ms. Santa wrote:IP seems to link to this website as well: http://gfxresource.com/

Not sure how that pertains to anything but yeah.

Yep it's the same site, which comes from Kelly's sig, I'll link her here.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 1/6/2014, 7:13 pm

That's my website; the signatures are uploaded through the site's Image Host (sort of like using Imgur or Imageshack). I'll talk to my web host, maybe he knows what's going on; nothing's wrong with the site and haven't heard anything from anyone else about it Razz.

Edit – Spoke to my web host, Nevo, and he said that he isn't sure why anti-viruses are tripping out, but we're going to hire an expert to figure out and patch the problem. For now, I'll catch Adrijana online and talk to her about it; I'll reupload all the images uploaded on the Image Host and try to have a PM sent around to the usergroup of people using the other link(s).

Terribly sorry this is causing problems, and when we figure out what the problem is I'll edit/update again on this; I assure you the site itself has no problems and as with Nevo, quite baffled why antiviruses are going trippy over it. But, I'll get to the bottom of it Smile. Thanks!
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 1/6/2014, 10:31 pm

I was hoping it was something as simple as this. I wasn't terribly worried about it, but thanks for the heads up on it. Razz and yeah, I can tell its from Kelly's sig now, I can see the broken little img under the kelly's killers picture.
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down