Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RS3 versus OSRS

+2
Gildarts
Kelly
6 posters

Go down

RS3 versus OSRS Empty RS3 versus OSRS

Post by Kelly 5/7/2014, 3:35 am

A lot of people are on the fence entirely about which Runescape (RS3 or OSRS) is going to prosper for a longer period of time. Set aside the statics and numbers, let's put both on the clock – which do you feel will last longer? Why?
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

RS3 versus OSRS Empty Re: RS3 versus OSRS

Post by Gildarts 5/7/2014, 3:51 am

By the looks of it to me, it seems the company as a whole will fail. this is because the game in its self is not unique anymore and slowly and slowly people are just losing interest in it, although there is large communities that still do play RS in general a lot, the company as a whole in my eyes will fail before the game loses popularity.
This is due to the pressures given by the british government and also increase Taxes on companies, it sounds unfair but it is the bitter truth.
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gummy 5/7/2014, 4:54 am

If you are looking at this anything like Runescape Classic, then I would be of the belief that they will live together and die together as Runescape Classic is still technically being played by a small, but loyal group of real old school players who enjoy the game and its small community even more than these other two versions of the game.
Gummy
Gummy
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix 5/7/2014, 6:55 am

i don't thing runescape will every die out completly, yes the amount of players are declining, but there wil always be a hardcore fanbase who sticks true to the game. also i think the release of legacy mode will bring back some of the players that left when evolution of combat was released. however it might cause a decline in the amount of osrs players.
also the release of the elf city is something many player have been looking forward to for a long time and it might bring back some of the players that left the game because they where bored.
piramatrix
piramatrix
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bom 5/7/2014, 1:51 pm

People have been saying Runescape and Jagex are dying for as long as I can remember starting (which was back in 2005.) I can't see the either the company or the game fizzling out anytime soon and I think that 07 and RS3 shall co-exist without many issues so long as Jagex continue to focus on them both rather than branch out into other games (which is a possibility.) So long as they continue to consult the community with big updates (e.g. the exact opposite of what they did with EOC,) I think they'll be fine and continue to prosper.
Bom
Bom
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 5/7/2014, 5:09 pm

Personally ever since the investors (i forget the name of it) bought into jagex i could see everything going downhill..EoC, Player Mods, firing certain Jmods and claiming they weren't "efficient" and the list goes on and on. i do not think Runescape will die out completely either version since there will always be people loyal to both versions of the game..long as jagex do not abandon either like they did funorb..i can see both co existing side by side..that and do not do any more silverhawk boot repeats..this update caused some to quit eoc.

Many players do fear that legacy will hurt osrs however i feel with the release of the new continent and other updates it will keep some players around and maybe attract new players. long as jagex keep listening to the communities interests like with OSRS it may build a stronger connection between jagex and the community that will in return keep both Runescapes going. Smile

Personally i could see Jagex company dying out before Runescape itself, only due to how things are operating in it, the investors who bought into it are in my eyes a huge negative impact. As new games also get released people will move to them as they loose interest in runescape as well. They move on maybe due to all the Bonus xp stuff on eoc..to the other games..though again stuff like Sof/treasure hunt exist since Jagex seem to not make enough without the use of micro-transactions, this i feel was an idea from the investors side to incorporate into the game.
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down