Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unbanned Offers and Jagex Offers

+8
[Nicholas]
datsyuk09
Fatal
Mr Rockeye
piramatrix
Daxaal
Yamiteh
Phileep
12 posters

Go down

Unbanned Offers and Jagex Offers Empty Unbanned Offers and Jagex Offers

Post by Phileep 15/7/2014, 1:19 am

This isn't quite a guide in the most traditional sense, but it will teach you about the two exceptions to normal ge mechanics. For the purpose of brevity I will be using the notations inb, nib, ins, and nis which mean instant buy, non-instant buy, instant sell, and non-instant sell respectively. The normal ge mechanics, we understand, are of course:

1) The oldest offer determines the price. In other words, a nib or nis will always determine the price. So if I try and instantly buy a Saradomin Godsword at 32m and someone has an nis offer in at 31.9m then I the transaction will be 31.9m, not 32m, because his offer was older. And similarly if I try and instantly sell a Saradomin Godsword for 31m and someone is trying to nib one at 31.1m, then the transaction will go through at 31.1m.

2) The highest nib offer and the lowest nis offer will fill first. In other words my offer to sell an Astral Rune at 268 gp will fill before another's offer to sell one at 270 gp, even if his offer has been in for a longer time than mine has. And, again, if I'm offering to buy a Santa Hat at 123.5m my offer will fill before someone's offer to buy at 123m even if his/her offer was in for a longer amount of time.

Well, even with the removal of the old (2013 and before) Coinshare System there are still two exceptions to these normal ge mechanics described in detail above. They are called Unbanned Offers and Manual Jagex Offers, and they are extremely rare. But they do happen, and you should understand them. Only a handful of merchants know of these two phenomena, but that's why I'm creating this guide.

Unbanned Offers

Unbanned offers occur when a player was offering to sell an item and then they were banned, causing their sell offer to be temporarily suspended. Then, when the player's account becomes active again that sell offer will still exist, unfilled, in the Grand Exchange. And here come the strange mechanics, because that player's sell offer is in fact considered very old. So if while the player was banned the item goes up in value, then there will of course be many higher offers for the item. But even if a nib offer is higher than the banned player's nis offer, the transaction will not go through. Instead the previously banned offer will only fill when a new buy offer is put in that is at/above the price that the banned player was seeking to sell his/her item for. Which allows the instant buy price to actually be far lower than the instant sell price for a short period of time. This is an unbanned offer at work. I'll give an example. Player A is trying to nis an Off-hand Drygore Mace at 16,659,409 gp. But before the offer can complete the player is banned. Then, months later, the player is unbanned. Just before the player is unbanned there are unfilled offers in the Ge to buy ohms at 25506k, 25476k, 25446k, 25444k, etc. But instead the next player to put in an offer at 24526k, Phileep, gets an instant buy at 16,659,409 gp. The player then proceeds to nis the ohm at a normal price. The result is this.
Unbanned Offers and Jagex Offers WfB3V8

The way to recognize this as a player is to see that, oddly, the inb price is lower than the instant sell price. This usually means an unbanned offer is at work. Keep in mind, that though I've probably put in over 10k offers in the Ge throughout my career, it's only happened to me twice. Here's another example of an unbanned offer where a player found the inb price for ganodermic flakes to be 311, while the instant sell for 366. (I have it set to start at the time when the unbanned offer happens).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtemH19LhBw&feature=youtu.be&t=11m35s

Manual Jagex Offers

As rare as unbanned offers are, Manual Jagex Offers are even rarer. As such, I have no photo or video evidence, but I will recount a story regarding one at the end. Manual Jagex Offers occur because Jagex has stated a desire to keep the number of discontinued items in the game constant. To that end, they have stated that they will place discontinued items of banned players into the Ge when the banned player has a very high number (it seems to be an arbitrary one, however) of discontinued items in their bank. So, presumably, this will work mostly like Pre-2014 Coinshare for most rares, i.e. they will be put in at the Grand Exchange mid price at the time of the ban. The interesting part is for discontinued items above max cash, which, at the time of writing this, are the White and Blue Partyhats, and the Christmas Cracker. For all items above max cash there is a "Max Cash Wall" that exists because many players hope to snipe these items at max cash if any are to be thrown into the Ge. The offer that Jagex puts in will ultimately be at or below the nib offers, obviously, because the nib offers are max cash itself. And, like unbanned offers, the buy will not go to any of the many max cash offers that were in the Ge, but will instead go to the next person to put in a max cash offer. This actually has happened once. Three or more Christmas Cracker were placed into the Grand Exchange waiting to sell at max cash when the street value of the Christmas Cracker was roughly 6b. And the now notorious player md3w snatched several of them for ridiculous profits. This happens exceedingly rarely though, because even when high-wealth players seek to Rwt, they usually sell their rares first, before any Rwting and subsequent banning can take place.

And now for the actual guide part ... what to do if you get an unbanned offer. If you do actually get an unbanned offer when flipping normally (indicated by getting a higher instant sell than your instant buy) buy as many of that item as possible at the unbanned price. That's all you can do to make the most of the situation. If you buy a few and then they stop coming through, and you are not on limit, inb the item again and find the actual inb price to sell your stock off at that level. There's no need to instant sell anything if you don't have to, after all. If you suspect you've gotten an unbanned offer in a Friends Chat, do not report it, because you will almost certainly be conflicted, and also that unbanned offer was not an accurate price at the time. It was a lucky event, but that doesn't mean that the valuation should match your unbanned buy. So just brag to your friends privately instead Smile .
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Unbanned Offers and Jagex Offers Empty Re: Unbanned Offers and Jagex Offers

Post by Yamiteh 15/7/2014, 3:45 am

Really informative +rep Nice job!
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 15/7/2014, 8:12 am

Really informative guide, + rep Smile. I learnt something new about sniping rares today Razz. So the best way to snipe rares is to refresh the buy offer for the rare daily instead of leaving it there for a long time?
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix 15/7/2014, 8:38 am

very good guide, i learned something new +rep
piramatrix
piramatrix
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 15/7/2014, 8:48 am

No, your best bet would be to leave the offer in for a very long time, as people usually do, because most of the whites/blues that come into the ge come in from players themselves, and not from Jagex making custom offers for banned players. But then again, I think the wait list on a white is almost a year, and blue is years long... so you're better off doing neither really Smile
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Rockeye 15/7/2014, 9:04 am

Very very nice and detailed guide!
+rep
Mr Rockeye
Mr Rockeye
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatal 16/7/2014, 3:14 am

inb4 inb blue phat at 1gp pl000x.

On Topic, good read for sure. Enjoyed it. +rep
Fatal
Fatal
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by datsyuk09 16/7/2014, 5:09 am

Awesome and very informative. It's little tricks like these can really lead to big profits in the GE. You mind me asking where you found this info from? Would have never heard about this otherwise
datsyuk09
datsyuk09
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 16/7/2014, 5:52 am

I believe all the information has come from discussions in Clan Quark (cc) and my personal experimentation. I'd like to give a shout-out to whichever particular clannie brought it up, but it's been so long I can't remember now  Razz 
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by [Nicholas] 16/7/2014, 10:48 am

Thanks for the guide man, to be honest I didn't even know this existed.

[Nicholas]
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by celeritas0 17/7/2014, 2:09 am

Interesting stuff. I knew they'd put some banned people's rares back into the economy, but didn't realize how it was done, and hadn't heard about unbanned offers at all. Thanks!

RIP Coinshare buys though Sad
celeritas0
celeritas0
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 18/7/2014, 6:35 pm

Awesome guide, Phileep. I knew offers were temporarily suspended when an individuals banned, but thinking any further than that just didn't come to mind.

+Rep
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 18/7/2014, 7:31 pm

Very interesting guide, personally i didn't know the procedure for this however knew that some rare items were put back in the economy. Learnt something new by reading this guide, never knew about "unbanned offers" existing. Razz +Rep
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 18/7/2014, 8:19 pm

this is very rare and has only happened to me once as well. was very shocked to see it.

Unbanned Offers and Jagex Offers NTADSCX
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 18/7/2014, 8:52 pm

Yeah ^ could have been an unbanned if it was an inb -> ins ... it would've been banned somewhere during the late phases of the initial rebound and you picked it up once it stabilized at (near) peak point? Seems plausible, definitely.
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down