Malaysian Airline

Go down

Malaysian Airline

Post by antdemo on 17/7/2014, 8:51 pm

A Malaysian Airlines passenger plane has been shot down on the Russian-Ukraine border, killing all 295 people on board, according to a Ukrainian interior ministry official. Flight MH17 (pictured inset top left as it began its flight), which was carrying 280 passengers and 15 crew, was flying between Amsterdam and Kuala Lumpur after taking off at lunchtime today. The Interfax news agency reported that the aircraft went missing near Donetsk, where pro-Russian rebels have been fighting Ukrainian government forces for several weeks. One of the pro-Russian separatists is seen at the crash site (left), while fire and rescue crews put out the smouldering wreck (bottom left), where what appeared to be bodies were strewn around. Pictures from a distance showed a pall of smoking billowing into the sky apparently from the stricken aircraft (top right).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2696161/BREAKING-NEWS-Malaysian-passenger-plane-carrying-295-people-crashes-Ukraine-near-Russian-border.html

RIP

GRAPHIC WARNING:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=54d_1405622834

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0e5_1405626203

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7f7_1405618092

antdemo
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Re: Malaysian Airline

Post by Mr Rockeye on 17/7/2014, 9:31 pm

A lot of dutch people were on that plane...
A true tragic thing to happen Sad
Mr Rockeye
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fatal on 18/7/2014, 4:07 am

Malaysian Air is under serious fire here of late. Terrible situation for all involved, absolutely appalling that in this day and age rebel groups can still terrorize civilians.
Fatal
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix on 22/7/2014, 2:45 am

malaysian airmine hasn't had the best luck latly, fiirst a plane disappears and now one got shot down Sad

piramatrix
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffins on 22/7/2014, 10:47 am

my school is currently holding a memorial for one of the students who died in this. Him and his two siblings, as well as their grandfather were on this plane. Their parents decided to stay in Amsterdam (I think that's where the plane left?) for a couple more weeks and they did not catch that plane. They are now back in perth and on suicide watch.
Muffins

Back to top Go down

Post by antdemo on 22/7/2014, 5:37 pm

My mother had gone to school with the guy from england (blackpool) highfield high school, what a shame....
antdemo
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven on 22/7/2014, 6:37 pm

It is sickening and saddening always hearing stuff like this adn that the fact it still happens in this day and age..i just cannot comprehend how another human can do actions such as this and still sleep at nite knowing they have taken the lives of innocent civalians. Sad

This even made the news where i live to, my thoughts and prayers go out to the people involved and their families.
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal on 23/7/2014, 8:46 am

RedRaven wrote:It is sickening and saddening always hearing stuff like this adn that the fact it still happens in this day and age..i just cannot comprehend how another human can do actions such as this and still sleep at nite knowing they have taken the lives of innocent civalians. Sad

This even made the news where i live to, my thoughts and prayers go out to the people involved and their families.

They weren't targeting passenger planes, it was an accident that they shot down the passenger plane as they thought it was an enemy plane. I would probably put the blame more so on the pilots for going through a war zone which I'm sure they were well aware of. The people who shot the plane down were most likely doing it in self defence as there is a war going on in that area.
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffins on 23/7/2014, 8:52 am

Daxaal wrote:
RedRaven wrote:It is sickening and saddening always hearing stuff like this adn that the fact it still happens in this day and age..i just cannot comprehend how another human can do actions such as this and still sleep at nite knowing they have taken the lives of innocent civalians. Sad

They weren't targeting passenger planes, it was an accident that they shot down the passenger plane as they thought it was an enemy plane. I would probably put the blame more so on the pilots for going through a war zone which I'm sure they were well aware of. The people who shot the plane down were most likely doing it in self defence as there is a war going on in that area.

It's quite common for planes to go over this area. The plane I was on when I went away followed this same route.
Muffins

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix on 23/7/2014, 10:40 am

Daxaal wrote:They weren't targeting passenger planes, it was an accident that they shot down the passenger plane as they thought it was an enemy plane. I would probably put the blame more so on the pilots for going through a war zone which I'm sure they were well aware of. The people who shot the plane down were most likely doing it in self defence as there is a war going on in that area.

yes they thought it was an enemy plane they shot, but this is still an area where lots of commercial flights fly through. it wouldn't hurt to confirm if it was actually an enemy plane and perhaps if they didn't want the plane in there airspace, give them a warning to leave that airspace. thats standerd millitarty protocol. but no they just shot on sight because some guy on the ground looked up to the sky and thought it might be enemy plane. no warning, no confirmation , just BOOM. this is a typical example of human stupidity.

piramatrix

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix on 23/7/2014, 4:22 pm

pro-russian rebels have shot down another 2 planes in the same region today, fighter jets this time. each with 2 pilots on board, not confirmed f they died or survived. but if these attacks keep up there will be a full on ww3.

piramatrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffins on 24/7/2014, 11:54 am

Algerian plane has went missing and a crash in Taiwan (11 survivors, 40 dead)

Not too sure if i'd be going on a plane atm.
Muffins

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix on 24/7/2014, 12:46 pm

^this was kind of the pilots fault, he didn't follow the flight procedure properly , and the failed to pull of the emergency landing

piramatrix

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven on 24/7/2014, 4:48 pm

Ahhh ok so it was more communication Error..tbh i wouldn't ride a plane with all this going on..all scary imo.
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix on 24/7/2014, 5:12 pm

yeah not getting on any plane eiter any time soon, what are the changes of somthing like this happening again anytime soon tho??

piramatrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms. Santa on 24/7/2014, 9:07 pm

This is really sad to hear and I feel bad for all the families who had loved ones on the plane.
Ms. Santa
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by inezzy on 26/7/2014, 4:31 pm

wish well to all the families involved in this... quite tragic...
inezzy
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder on 26/7/2014, 4:42 pm

Now make a topic for the other 2 planes that crashed earlier this week
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix on 26/7/2014, 4:44 pm

Broeder wrote:Now make a topic for the other 2 planes that crashed earlier this week

actually whe already discussed that partially over and some other topic

piramatrix

Back to top Go down

Post by fishingman71 on 29/7/2014, 8:02 pm

Fatal wrote:Malaysian Air is under serious fire here of late. Terrible situation for all involved, absolutely appalling that in this day and age rebel groups can still terrorize civilians.
^ Alot of this
fishingman71
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix on 31/7/2014, 11:08 am

malaysia airline just dodged an other bullet, they had to call back a plane that was goint to leave, cause it was going to collide with an other plane landing, they really need to step up there safety

piramatrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Skrillex on 31/7/2014, 11:17 am

How many fuck ups can they possibly have
Skrillex
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by piramatrix on 31/7/2014, 11:29 pm

Skrillex wrote:How many fuck ups can they possibly have

i know right? its like they don't even care about the safety of the people as long as they keep making money

piramatrix

Back to top Go down

Post by Season on 20/8/2014, 12:54 pm

Malaysia airlines going bankrupt, Malaysian government needs to bail them out.
Season
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum