Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

**Sm Advice**

+7
Daxaal
Connor
Broeder
Sm Advice
Huluplus
Blood
fishingman71
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

**Sm Advice** Empty **Sm Advice**

Post by Sm Advice 14/8/2014, 1:26 pm

Hello Guest, if you need advice or feel like helping someone who does, then you are in the right place!

If you would like advice on something, then just pm this account with the situation/topic you need advice on and I will try to help you out. Then I will post it in this thread for you completely anonymously so that other people can also give you advice!

Sm Advice
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

**Sm Advice** Empty Re: **Sm Advice**

Post by fishingman71 17/8/2014, 3:42 am

Interesting concept, whoever this is. But who would take advice from a complete stranger?
fishingman71
fishingman71
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blood 17/8/2014, 4:49 am

fishingman71 wrote:Interesting concept, whoever this is. But who would take advice from a complete stranger?

Sometimes strangers can be of much more help than those most close to us as they provide a completely unbiased perspective of the situation without any form of emotional or other attachment to the story or those involved.
Blood
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 17/8/2014, 5:58 am

Blood wrote:
fishingman71 wrote:Interesting concept, whoever this is. But who would take advice from a complete stranger?

Sometimes strangers can be of much more help than those most close to us as they provide a completely unbiased perspective of the situation without any form of emotional or other attachment to the story or those involved.

This is entirely true.

Based on personal experience advice from complete strangers has typically been more helpful then those of my own friends and family. The reasons the advice may be better suited can vary, depends on you're situation. Nevertheless it is always nice to get an outside opinion who does not know on a personal level the party(s) in question. Like blood said, its not 100% of the time that it can be of use, but even if it were just 1% to some people helping out that 1% is worth all the time in the world. I for one am very thankful of the friends I have made here, and all of the personal advice I have gotten from a fair share of those wonderful people.
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sm Advice 17/8/2014, 7:39 am

Blood wrote:

exactly this, sometimes friends will just tell you what you want to hear or what they think you want to hear. I would be able to give a completely unbiased opinion.

Sm Advice
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 17/8/2014, 8:12 am

So I am currently in Tokyo at Hanzomon station, what is the closest restaurant that serves sushi rolls with salmon?
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sm Advice 22/8/2014, 4:52 pm

Bump Smile

Sm Advice
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 23/8/2014, 3:59 am

Would you suggest Google, Yahoo or Bing when looking for advice for any questions I could have?
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Connor 23/8/2014, 6:14 am

Broeder wrote:Would you suggest Google, Yahoo or Bing when looking for advice for any questions I could have?

Don't troll, Broeder.
Connor
Connor
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 23/8/2014, 6:38 am

As I see it, im the only one asking advice here Sad
Also, disregard my earlier post. I am no longer in or near tokyo
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sm Advice 25/8/2014, 6:19 am

Bump for awareness

Sm Advice
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 25/8/2014, 6:33 am

Who are you? If I send you a request on advice who would be reading (which forum members)? Could this information be used against me? What are the privacy conditions?
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sm Advice 26/8/2014, 6:11 am

Daxaal wrote:Who are you? If I send you a request on advice who would be reading (which forum members)? Could this information be used against me? What are the privacy conditions?
I am a trusted member of these forums, no information that you share will be held against you in any way. All information that you choose to share will remain private as this is anonymous.

Sm Advice
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 26/8/2014, 8:15 am

Why not use your real account then?

Anyway, trust me this isnt going to happen. 1. Low activity as it is, 2. we have the internet, 3. theres IRC which is a quicker medium, 4. probably so other reasons as well
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sm Advice 26/8/2014, 12:30 pm

Broeder wrote:Why not use your real account then?

Anyway, trust me this isnt going to happen. 1. Low activity as it is, 2. we have the internet, 3. theres IRC which is a quicker medium, 4. probably so other reasons as well
1. fair enough
2. this is the internet.
3. Irc isn't anonymous.
4. I want to at least offer help to people who would like it.

Sm Advice
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Muffins 26/8/2014, 1:57 pm

Sm Advice wrote:
3. Irc isn't anonymous.

This is hardly anonymous. But good luck with helping people.
Muffins
Muffins
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 26/8/2014, 2:03 pm

Broeder wrote:Why not use your real account then?

I believe this is a good intensive personally especially with all the recent changes the clan has as a whole. Having this gives new comers the option to seek out answers which they may not feel comfortable to approach an actual rank with or wish to ask things more anonymously.
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 26/8/2014, 2:18 pm

Im not saying its not a good idea in general, just that it wont actually get used. At least that what im predicting. I wouldnt know what kinds of questions even be asked though? Stuff like what should i do to get this girl to like me? Or, how do i deal with being the new kid in this school?
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedRaven 26/8/2014, 2:28 pm

From my understanding it can be anything from clan related to personal? *Sm Advice correct me if im wrong here*
RedRaven
RedRaven
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 26/8/2014, 9:45 pm

As much as I dislike Broeders spam from time to time. I have to agree with him indirectly. We had the anonymous section way back in the day, which only Admins (Maybe Gen+) could know 100% who posted it from their IP, therefore they wouldn't really have any fear of being judged (or whatever). I know it wasn't the best section in the world at the time, but definitely a benefit for this topic.

And as a note more on topic, anything clan related can be sent to any current admin at request to be anonymous. Unless that has changed?
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heartstop123 27/8/2014, 3:32 am

Huluplus wrote:As much as I dislike Broeders spam from time to time. I have to agree with him indirectly. We had the anonymous section way back in the day, which only Admins (Maybe Gen+) could know 100% who posted it from their IP, therefore they wouldn't really have any fear of being judged (or whatever). I know it wasn't the best section in the world at the time, but definitely a benefit for this topic.

And as a note more on topic, anything clan related can be sent to any current admin at request to be anonymous. Unless that has changed?
the anonymous section was closed because the only thing it was used for was banned people coming back. Anything clan related can be Pmed to tiggy I guess but there are virtually no admins left so why not lighten the burden for him
Heartstop123
Heartstop123
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sm Advice 27/8/2014, 4:35 am

anonymous wrote:How would you suggest approaching a girl/boy in a bar or night club?
The first thing you need when approaching someone to ask for a date at a night club / bar is confidence, it takes a lot to walk up to someone and put yourself out on the line like that. The best most common thing to do would be to buy the person a drink, my personal advice is to walk up to them and ask if they would like some company. Right then and there they will stop you if they aren't interested, or are taken already. GL chatting Smile

Sm Advice
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sm Advice 7/9/2014, 6:52 am

Bump

Sm Advice
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 7/9/2014, 11:56 am

i admire your perseverance
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts 7/9/2014, 10:00 pm

Broeder wrote:i admire your perseverance

Instead of commenting randomly on the thread, why not try to assist SM Advice by PMing him/her something?....
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next