Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soul reaper

+2
Dag
Julij2
6 posters

Go down

Soul reaper Empty Soul reaper

Post by Julij2 18/8/2014, 5:51 pm

A long awaited Soul Reaper update got released today.
More info can be found here: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/sl=0/forums.ws?15,16,510,65457572

I'm not really impressed. The rewards are really rubbish in my opinion and the only ones worth getting are those that offer permanent boosts. Sadly the hydrix rewards are degradable and getting 400 points for a piece of jewellery that will degrade to dust is hardly worth it. So far only ring of death seems a good choice since you won't need for it to be equipped throughout whole fight to maximize its effect. At the end if have to mention that you can only get 1 task per day. Which means getting points will require months of work and spending them on something like aura refresh or death's deal is a waste of time. Sadly this will probably become a dead content after a month, maybe more.

What do you think?
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Soul reaper Empty Re: Soul reaper

Post by Dag 18/8/2014, 5:55 pm

....but.....but RAINBOW LOOT BEAMS!!!!!!
Dag
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 18/8/2014, 6:10 pm

Dag wrote:....but.....but RAINBOW LOOT BEAMS!!!!!!

lol! I saw this one coming Razz

I have to say that this will probably be the first thing I'm going to buy.
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Merzz 19/8/2014, 9:31 am

Dag wrote:....but.....but RAINBOW LOOT BEAMS!!!!!!

Needs ponies tbh

Anyway so far i have these tasks done:
Corporeal Beast - Assigned: 9 - 12k Slayer xp and 15 reaper points

Barrows Brothers - Assigned: 4 (6 brothers/1) - 7k Slayer xp and 8 reaper points
Merzz
Merzz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille 19/8/2014, 10:19 am

I'm actually liking it, and I'm liking the rewards, granted it will take a while to get them, but oh well Smile

First day, like Merzz I got 9 corp beasts, and 15 reaper points, today I got 1 Jad, which I will be doing later Smile

Also you could just unlock the ability to buy more assignments, I know I will do this Smile

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stitch 19/8/2014, 10:41 am

From the few tests and vids that I've seen; it comes across kinda pointless.

But yes, Rainbow Loot Beams Tho.
Stitch
Stitch
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

http://stitchgfx.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 19/8/2014, 11:09 am

It's not that pointless. I've got 14 legiones task today which made me try them for the first (I did get wrecked though). This will certainly make more people try PvM and they actually may start liking it.

I do have to say that this wasn't set good enough to endure sands of time. In the long run people will just stop doing boss slayer assignments. Rewards offer very little to boss killing not to mention some of them can be bought with slayer points. Slayer experience is also bad (which I don't mind since this update wasn't meant to replace slayer tasks). I honestly don't see many people using this update later on.

They should add more effect rewards. Like temporary 10% damage boost or accuracy for 1 hour. This would certainly allow people who aren't experienced in field of PvM to try new stuff. And for those more experienced PvMers it should add something that will make them to do their daily boss slayer task instead of just power farming the most profitable bosses.

I don't dislike update. I just think it should offer more on the field of boss killing.
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Avssie 19/8/2014, 5:49 pm

Loving it ofc, even though my first task on release was 4 kbd (wasn't very happy.) I had 10 legions today which got me 15 points. Just hoping to get some more challenging bosses over the next few days :3
Avssie
Avssie
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down