Taking the Road Test

Go down

Taking the Road Test Empty Taking the Road Test

Post by Ko Boy Fresh on 24/9/2014, 2:04 am

I am about 17 years old and lives in the U.S.(North-East Coast) I plan on taking the Road Test in beginning of October. I don't usually do well in Tests in general. From what I heard, the Road Test is about 5 mins long and just have to follow basic rules.

Examiners test:
1. Pre-Test
2. Air Brake
3. Forward & Back (Alley)
4. Parallel Park (both)




Any Advice in passing the Road Test/Exam?

Ko Boy Fresh
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)


Back to top Go down

Taking the Road Test Empty Re: Taking the Road Test

Post by MerchTilIDie on 24/9/2014, 2:10 am

Calm down and don't think of it as a test, just think of it as a normal drive. I drove a total of maybe 4 hours with my learners permit over the year I had it, and I passed the road test without any bad remarks, so you should be fine. Just make sure never go over the speed limit, use your blinkers for every turn you do, and always come to a complete stop at stop signs.
MerchTilIDie
MerchTilIDie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)


Back to top Go down

Taking the Road Test Empty Re: Taking the Road Test

Post by Gecko on 24/9/2014, 2:15 am

What he said, honestly being calm is just about the easiest way to do it. If you aren't calm you may forget a detail, and honestly if you are in a car with someone who is nervous, shouldn't you feel nervous?

I bet you will do fine. Just take Merch's advice. Good Luck!
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)


Back to top Go down

Taking the Road Test Empty Re: Taking the Road Test

Post by Kelly on 24/9/2014, 5:11 am

We refer to ours in NJ as the practical test. Honestly, it isn't that bad. I was expecting worse. NJ is known to be one of the toughest states to get your drivers license in because of the strict laws for becoming a full time driver.

What I would suggest most is to try to stay calm, as anxiety can often make you forget details and make mistakes. You have to remember that you've practiced this a number of times before, and this is no different. You're prepared, you know how to drive the vehicle, now you just have to prove it to your particular state.

Before you're even there, go over in your head and aloud all of the main details and functions, things that are essential and key to remember, such as turn signal, wearing your seat-belt, looking both ways when backing up, etc. Those are the small things that can be clouded because of anxiety.

Good luck!

_____________________

Taking the Road Test KslUz9l
Taking the Road Test 4A7pLEe
Taking the Road Test WfvMkWG

MY iEMZ PC CEREMONY AWARDS (2014):
~*~ iEmz PC Awards Winter 2014 ~*~
Taking the Road Test 48TLCBG
Taking the Road Test HhVk2fk
Taking the Road Test 5Q6LFsS


MY SM CEREMONY AWARDS (2012 TO 2014):

Taking the Road Test 420ada8b81f8a219e3cc92437c5653ac
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Taking the Road Test Empty Re: Taking the Road Test

Post by Daba on 24/9/2014, 2:12 pm

bow stern starboard port skipper deck cabin galley keel 1924
Daba
Daba
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Taking the Road Test Empty Re: Taking the Road Test

Post by Ko Boy Fresh on 8/10/2014, 11:37 pm

I passed the road test and have car insurance, how do you the point system work? I know you start at 1 or 0. I believe its different in every state, especially mine since it is Massachusetts.

Ko Boy Fresh
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)


Back to top Go down

Taking the Road Test Empty Re: Taking the Road Test

Post by Gecko on 15/10/2014, 4:17 pm

Ko Boy Fresh wrote:I passed the road test and have car insurance, how do you the point system work? I know you start at 1 or 0. I believe its different in every state, especially mine since it is Massachusetts.

Points system? Idk, you might want to just look it up, never heard of such a thing.
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)


Back to top Go down

Taking the Road Test Empty Re: Taking the Road Test

Post by Yamiteh on 15/10/2014, 4:26 pm

Gecko wrote:
Ko Boy Fresh wrote:I passed the road test and have car insurance, how do you the point system work? I know you start at 1 or 0. I believe its different in every state, especially mine since it is Massachusetts.

Points system? Idk, you might want to just look it up, never heard of such a thing.

He is probably talking about those penalty points you get if you do something wrong in the traffic and a policeman stops you.


Also, are you talking about actual final driving test? It's 5 mins long in your state?
Yamiteh
Yamiteh
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)


http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Taking the Road Test Empty Re: Taking the Road Test

Post by Dual_Shock on 15/10/2014, 6:23 pm

Yamiteh wrote:
Gecko wrote:
Ko Boy Fresh wrote:I passed the road test and have car insurance, how do you the point system work? I know you start at 1 or 0. I believe its different in every state, especially mine since it is Massachusetts.

Points system? Idk, you might want to just look it up, never heard of such a thing.

He is probably talking about those penalty points you get if you do something wrong in the traffic and a policeman stops you.


Also, are you talking about actual final driving test? It's 5 mins long in your state?

In Pennsylvania, all drivers start with 0 points. You get a certain number of points for Xmph over the speed limit, as well as general things, such as driving without glasses, if you need them.

"Under the Age of 18
The driving privilege of a person under the age of 18 will be suspended if that person accumulates six (6) or more points or
is convicted of driving 26 miles per hour or more over the posted speed limit. The first suspension will be for a period of 90
days. Any additional occurrences will result in a suspension of 120 days. This suspension is in addition to the requirements
of the point system found below."

For more info: http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/fact_sheets/pub472.pdf

As for Mass. - http://www.downeyinsurance.com/2013/01/23/massachusetts_sdip_points_explained/
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)


Back to top Go down

Taking the Road Test Empty Re: Taking the Road Test

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum