Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecraft Rework

3 posters

Go down

Minecraft Rework Empty Minecraft Rework

Post by Michael 8/10/2014, 12:03 am

Way back in 2011 I joined the Smokin|Minecraft server with Mr_Pleco as the administrator. Minecraft was still in Beta and the game still had me addicted enough to when I got home I was looking forward to playing. Now I am simply in it to manage the server and enjoy myself in doing so.

Now that I am leading the Minecraft project I feel that the way I am running the server (As similar to Pleco as possible)

The time for change has come and I need the communities help to pick how everything goes.

Please post what you think should be done with the Minecraft server. All thought will be taken into consideration when constructing or managing the server in the future.

Options:

• Continue on the current path. (Not very likely)
  • Move towards a less vanilla server and allow users to access creative.
  • Modded Minecraft with mods such as Pixelmon and Galacticraft. (Will require a downgrade to 1.6.4 for stable mods.)
  • 1.7.9-1.8 Spigot Patch: This patch allows users who are on 1.8 to log in with 1.7.9 players, but doesn't allow them to place items added in 1.8.
Michael
Michael
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Rework Empty Re: Minecraft Rework

Post by Daxaal 8/10/2014, 10:28 am

I think we should continue the current path we have now and it keep it in survival mode. However for the rework of minecraft I would like it if the admin shop had either infinite stock or a set amount of stock that would reset daily e.g. everyday stock of item would be 100 once it runs out people wait until it resets the next day.

This way people can buy minecraft currency to have more items to create their designs and since the admin shop would supply heaps of items minecraft would be like survival/semi creative Smile
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts 8/10/2014, 10:45 am

Modded Minecraft with mods such as Pixelmon and Galacticraft. (Will require a downgrade to 1.6.4 for stable mods.)

I'd say modded is the best way to go with it, seeing as normal minecraft get boring after a while, with Galacticraft (Full) we can make different bases ect on different planets and keep people entertained for a longer period of time.
Gildarts
Gildarts
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 8/10/2014, 11:14 am

Gildarts wrote:Modded Minecraft with mods such as Pixelmon and Galacticraft. (Will require a downgrade to 1.6.4 for stable mods.)

I'd say modded is the best way to go with it, seeing as normal minecraft get boring after a while, with Galacticraft (Full) we can make different bases ect on different planets and keep people entertained for a longer period of time.

Just had a look at Galacticraft and it looks awesome Very Happy, would love to try it out.
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gildarts 8/10/2014, 4:38 pm

Yeah Galacticraft is my Fav mod so far

or this mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf2uXN5wCT0

Mike now!!! or we will go on a hunger strike!
Gildarts
Gildarts

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 8/10/2014, 8:14 pm

Keep in mind if we go modded I will be installing a lot of mods and configuring on the users end may be difficult. (I will make a guide but I can't hold everyone's hand when they go to install).
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 9/10/2014, 8:46 am

Michael wrote:Keep in mind if we go modded I will be installing a lot of mods and configuring on the users end may be difficult. (I will make a guide but I can't hold everyone's hand when they go to install).

Are there that many of us that you can't hold everyone's hand when we go to install? Usually there's like less than 10 people on the server. Anyway, I'd be willing to try and figure out how to configure the minecraft settings so the mods work if you can't help us one on one. There's heaps of tutorials on youtube I presume, so I'm sure everyone should be fine Smile
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 9/10/2014, 4:06 pm

Daxaal wrote:
Michael wrote:Keep in mind if we go modded I will be installing a lot of mods and configuring on the users end may be difficult. (I will make a guide but I can't hold everyone's hand when they go to install).

Are there that many of us that you can't hold everyone's hand when we go to install? Usually there's like less than 10 people on the server. Anyway, I'd be willing to try and figure out how to configure the minecraft settings so the mods work if you can't help us one on one. There's heaps of tutorials on youtube I presume, so I'm sure everyone should be fine Smile

With 1.6.4 I would either make my own modpack which would require lots of trouble shooting because the ID's of items overlap and have ot be changed or something like Tekkit/FTB.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 12/10/2014, 2:10 am

I have installed MC Vanilla 1.8 on a new server that I configured today. if you wish to try out the new host feel free to join 104.131.121.48 I have only given it 1gb of ram for the time being but the actual server will have 3-4.

Do whatever you wish on this server, I have enabled creative mode by default so enjoy Smile
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 23/10/2014, 8:07 pm

Over the next couple of days I'm going to be moving the main server to a new host.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 27/10/2014, 8:11 pm

Starting October 30th we will be on 1.8 for our main server. You each have until then to message me about saving your items and builds. After this date I will not be able to recover them. Reply here and message me on IRC if you wish to have your progress saved.

Please make all replies regarding saving progress from the former map to this thread http://www.smokinelite.com/t82864-18-alpha-server
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down