Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry not sorry

3 posters

Go down

Sorry not sorry Empty Sorry not sorry

Post by Mike Smelly 20/12/2014, 9:26 pm

Sold all of my holding of 1 million red chinchompas... if you want a little bit of profit on a short term investment I'd suggest buying red chinchompas now while they're down.

Mike Smelly
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Sorry not sorry Empty Re: Sorry not sorry

Post by Mike Smelly 23/12/2014, 3:12 am

Don't say I didn't warn you! No use chasing now, if you're in good job. If not well sorry.

Sorry not sorry Df2c41b398

Mike Smelly
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Phileep 23/12/2014, 4:20 am

Hmm... where to start...? Firstly I was thinking that red chins aren't too practical as a short-term investment simply because it's tough to acquire a meaningful amount of stock of them in a short amount of time. It turns out though that they're kinda boaderline, though, with a 20k/4 limit and a price of ~700. That comes out to ~14m/limit which is workable I suppose.

No, but the problem is I think red chins have sort of reached their peak of usefulness... if you look on the long term graph you'll see them naturally crash to less than 100 gp each after eoc, which was natural because they were essentially useless. Then they made a bit of a recovery, presumably because no one was bothering to supply any to the market and at those prices some people probably collected them as a knickknack on the offside chance some Deux ex machina brought them back from the dead... I think at the time I would've thought that hoarding absurd, but Jagex does have a fascination for trying to revive old items for new times (note D Claws + Ags w/ special attacks' annoucement, or whips with the whip vine release, etc.) so perhaps there is some sense in making a gamble like that. Anyhow, Legacy Mode came along not long ago and in Legacy Mode chinning is actually somewhat practical. So they shot up in value... but where can they go from here? Even if chinning is a possible way of training, it's still far from a popular one, and as Legacy hype becomes less and less of a thing (if it even still exists) I don't see this having much of a reason to rise, honestly.

Also, I'd like to point out that your graph is terribly misleading; that rebound you showcased there is 17 gp which I suspect is less than the item's usual margin. In any event, it's less than 5%. Not to mention the fact that ge graphs are compiled of "old data" so they lag behind actual prices. In short, there's absolutely nothing to be seen there.

(Also note that 1m chins is barely over 10% of the item's usual weekly volume, so those entering the market should be relatively insignificant.)
Phileep
Phileep
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Smelly 23/12/2014, 11:23 pm

Phileep wrote:Hmm... where to start...? Firstly I was thinking that red chins aren't too practical as a short-term investment simply because it's tough to acquire a meaningful amount of stock of them in a short amount of time. It turns out though that they're kinda boaderline, though, with a 20k/4 limit and a price of ~700. That comes out to ~14m/limit which is workable I suppose.

No, but the problem is I think red chins have sort of reached their peak of usefulness... if you look on the long term graph you'll see them naturally crash to less than 100 gp each after eoc, which was natural because they were essentially useless. Then they made a bit of a recovery, presumably because no one was bothering to supply any to the market and at those prices some people probably collected them as a knickknack on the offside chance some Deux ex machina brought them back from the dead... I think at the time I would've thought that hoarding absurd, but Jagex does have a fascination for trying to revive old items for new times (note D Claws + Ags w/ special attacks' annoucement, or whips with the whip vine release, etc.) so perhaps there is some sense in making a gamble like that. Anyhow, Legacy Mode came along not long ago and in Legacy Mode chinning is actually somewhat practical. So they shot up in value... but where can they go from here? Even if chinning is a possible way of training, it's still far from a popular one, and as Legacy hype becomes less and less of a thing (if it even still exists) I don't see this having much of a reason to rise, honestly.

Also, I'd like to point out that your graph is terribly misleading; that rebound you showcased there is 17 gp which I suspect is less than the item's usual margin. In any event, it's less than 5%. Not to mention the fact that ge graphs are compiled of "old data" so they lag behind actual prices. In short, there's absolutely nothing to be seen there.

(Also note that 1m chins is barely over 10% of the item's usual weekly volume, so those entering the market should be relatively insignificant.)

Dude, you over-thought it way too much.
Sorry not sorry G1rdpbX
Sorry not sorry KYr0WC6

Mike Smelly
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Smelly 20/5/2016, 8:59 pm

Shameless gravedig on my part, but I'm so mad at myself for selling when they were worth 900gp. LMAO I could've made so much bank. I've been riding the wave of all these rares spiking though. I'm sure you guys are as well. It's a good time to be a merchant.

Mike Smelly
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 5/6/2016, 6:11 pm

Mike Smelly wrote:Shameless gravedig on my part, but I'm so mad at myself for selling when they were worth 900gp. LMAO I could've made so much bank. I've been riding the wave of all these rares spiking though. I'm sure you guys are as well. It's a good time to be a merchant.

I bought a few Christmas Scythes during Double XP for under 100M and sold them for about 240m a few weeks later before the crash. The wave is strong.
Michael
Michael
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum