Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RS3 vs OSRS merchanting

2 posters

Go down

RS3 vs OSRS merchanting Empty RS3 vs OSRS merchanting

Post by Seppe 23/7/2015, 1:04 pm

Hello,

I've been out of the game for a long time, but I want to get into flipping again. But since I haven't played runescape in a long time, I need a bit of information regarding flipping in RS3 vs OSRS, like:
-Is flipping viable in both versions? (for example, maybe OSRS doesn't have enough players and flipping is really slow)
-Is it worth it in both versions? (for example, maybe RS3 inflation has rendered flipping useless)
Or any other useful information you want to share.

Kind regards,
Seppe.
Seppe
Seppe
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

RS3 vs OSRS merchanting Empty Re: RS3 vs OSRS merchanting

Post by Blood 23/7/2015, 5:05 pm

You can definitely flip in both versions of the game. The main problem you will find with RS3 that I would imagine is that a lot of the big-name items of old are now comparatively cheap to before (full torva for example is <100M, Divine Spirit Shield is like 15M). I can assure you though that inactive flipping/short-term investing is still possible and quite profitable (t90 weapons being a good example of this).

With OSRS most everything is quite slow (not snail slow, but slow in comparison to RS3). The bigger problem is that prices are still quite high for a lot of common RS3 items (bandos pieces, godswords, even the osrs-specific items such as Staff of the Dead) so having a decent starting capital would benefit you greatly (I was doing contently with 30M-40M merchanting wealth, but closer to 100M+ would be a lot better.
Blood
Blood
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down