Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE REQUIREMENTS - READ FIRST - *UPDATED 08 April 2015*

+31
I Tank Arma
sdranzer
W A R L O C K
th3 h1tch
Little Pink Pony
Inhaps
gbaelement
Ste7720
Vc
itisme177
Legolas
`Sonic`
Extravagance
Dr Suave
whipmaster47
kurttheman24
Kamol
elyk913
Wrap B4 UTap
Melancholy
Cvballa
Dane Lennon
Rs_hot mager
Isen
My Hotashley
My Partyhat
Daytona V2
Unab0mber
Theta Zero
Sunjaay
[ADMIN] Mr J
35 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

THE REQUIREMENTS - READ FIRST - *UPDATED 08 April 2015* - Page 2 Empty Re: THE REQUIREMENTS - READ FIRST - *UPDATED 08 April 2015*

Post by Dr Suave 3/3/2010, 7:09 am

whipmaster47 wrote:and when i post my application do i post the thing of my hours spent advertising with it?

Adding a link to your advertising points would be helpful, yes.
Dr Suave
Dr Suave
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

THE REQUIREMENTS - READ FIRST - *UPDATED 08 April 2015* - Page 2 Empty Re: THE REQUIREMENTS - READ FIRST - *UPDATED 08 April 2015*

Post by Isen 3/3/2010, 7:22 am

You can start a thread for yourself here with your advertising.

https://smokin-elite.forumotion.com/recording-your-points-f55/
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Extravagance 7/3/2010, 4:21 pm

Maybe you should brighten up the title so it's more catching to the eye... Wink

^ Directed at J.
Extravagance
Extravagance
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Suave 7/3/2010, 6:55 pm

Omega Viper0 wrote:Maybe you should brighten up the title so it's more catching to the eye... Wink

^ Directed at J.

I took the liberty of rejecting the application. I am getting perturbed with all the people that apply, yet don't bother to read the requirements. Not to mention most applicants only have one post (their application).
Dr Suave
Dr Suave

Back to top Go down

Post by Theta Zero 12/3/2010, 5:51 pm

Sir Blind wrote:

EDIT: Oh yes, delete all of the REJECTED threads so it gives people who want to apply a sense of hope that they might get in. I love reading their failures. This seriously is a generation of people who cannot read but can and constantly write.

I'd rather see them just moved to their own little ranks subsection so we can see who couldn't be bothered to read the instructions in case they reapply. Not that it will mean they're declined, but it will reduce their chances.

People need to learn to read. If they can't read 1-3 paragraphs, chances are they can't follow directions or instructions, and are a liability, instead of useful, to this clan as a rank.

Laziness is NOT tollerated here. Being a rank is more than worth the effort, but it is NOT easy.

Theta Zero
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Suave 12/3/2010, 5:59 pm

Ren-Raku wrote:
Theta Zero wrote:Laziness is NOT tollerated here.

And how does Laziness feel about this? Also, I was going to insert a witty remark here, but I'm far too lazy to finish my sent

Ren

Funny.
Dr Suave
Dr Suave

Back to top Go down

Post by `Sonic` 16/3/2010, 5:37 pm

By being a helpful person on the forums. When people think that you have done good, they will then (possibly) award you a point. Beware, however, if you are a disruptive influence or make bad posts (such as being offensive, or plagarising a guide) you will most likely receive bad points.

Ren
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Suave 16/3/2010, 8:22 pm

you want the good points...
Dr Suave
Dr Suave

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Suave 16/3/2010, 8:35 pm

If you have passed any of the requirements, you must post prove via a link.

Until then, your application will be automatically rejected.
Dr Suave
Dr Suave

Back to top Go down

Post by `Sonic` 17/3/2010, 12:02 am

I am getting more and more tired of seeing people posting their applications without first reading the rules...

Ren
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by elyk913 17/3/2010, 12:14 am

Ren-Raku wrote:I am getting more and more tired of seeing people posting their applications without first reading the rules...

Ren

Honestly, there should be some sort of punishment for doing this... it's rather annoying... I suggest BAN! Very Happy mwuahahahaha

elyk913
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by `Sonic` 17/3/2010, 12:17 am

elyk913 wrote:
Ren-Raku wrote:I am getting more and more tired of seeing people posting their applications without first reading the rules...

Ren

Honestly, there should be some sort of punishment for doing this... it's rather annoying... I suggest BAN! Very Happy mwuahahahaha

I don't think a ban would be the answer, but certainly a warning of some sort.

Ren
`Sonic`
`Sonic`
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by elyk913 17/3/2010, 12:19 am

Ren-Raku wrote:
elyk913 wrote:

Ren

I don't think a ban would be the answer, but certainly a warning of some sort.

Ren

I was joking haha, but yes... a warning of some sort is definitely needed!

elyk913
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Suave 17/3/2010, 12:22 am

I am working on a solution as we speak Smile
Dr Suave
Dr Suave

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 17/3/2010, 12:26 am

And that is why we have a -rep button and pm. You can -rep the thread and pm one of the mods to lock, delete, or what-not. You can also pm the person and tell them what is wrong with their thread, and point them into the right direction, that would be helpful. I quit posting on this as this just spams the pages up and I hated seeing myself hand-typing out the reason only to have a mod come along and do the same.
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Suave 17/3/2010, 12:32 am

isenblatter wrote:And that is why we have a -rep button and pm. You can -rep the thread and pm one of the mods to lock, delete, or what-not. You can also pm the person and tell them what is wrong with their thread, and point them into the right direction, that would be helpful. I quit posting on this as this just spams the pages up and I hated seeing myself hand-typing out the reason only to have a mod come along and do the same.

Sure people screw up and post without reading, but how would you feel to login the next day, anticipating rank status, and then see you were negatively repped by 3 people, and laughed at and called a noob by the people who are "getting sick of seeing bad applications." I wouldn't.

Right now, I am proposing we remove the application area completely, and that we simply offer interviews to whoever gets a requirement met.
Dr Suave
Dr Suave

Back to top Go down

Post by elyk913 17/3/2010, 1:48 am

Dr Suave wrote:
isenblatter wrote:And that is why we have a -rep button and pm. You can -rep the thread and pm one of the mods to lock, delete, or what-not. You can also pm the person and tell them what is wrong with their thread, and point them into the right direction, that would be helpful. I quit posting on this as this just spams the pages up and I hated seeing myself hand-typing out the reason only to have a mod come along and do the same.

Sure people screw up and post without reading, but how would you feel to login the next day, anticipating rank status, and then see you were negatively repped by 3 people, and laughed at and called a noob by the people who are "getting sick of seeing bad applications." I wouldn't.

Right now, I am proposing we remove the application area completely, and that we simply offer interviews to whoever gets a requirement met.

I completely 100% agree, the whole "REJECTED" thing is getting totally old, since noone is meeting the requirements. Noone knows how to read I guess....

elyk913
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Suave 18/3/2010, 6:23 pm

You must now acquire 30 reputation points instead of 20. This is because we have updated our reputation system to ignore negative reputation points, making it easier to achieve a higher amount of rep points faster.
Dr Suave
Dr Suave

Back to top Go down

Post by Legolas 18/3/2010, 6:59 pm

Dr Suave wrote:You must now acquire 30 reputation points instead of 20. This is because we have updated our reputation system to ignore negative reputation points, making it easier to achieve a higher amount of rep points faster.

The big solution *drumrolls*:
Make a group with unranked members which got 10 reputation (automatically added on the group).
Therefore, they have to get a little reputation, and after that, they can make a THREAD on this section.
This would make everyone would need 10 reputation points before he can make a thread - if players have 2 item checks passed they could just post in a special thread asking for the "Rankable" status, and if they have a record-your-autotyper thread they should be easy to add too.

This would kick out noob applications, but still makes someone getting the feeling of applying.
Legolas
Legolas
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Suave 18/3/2010, 7:06 pm

A big part of earning rep is by creating threads, such as guides.
Dr Suave
Dr Suave

Back to top Go down

Post by itisme177 18/3/2010, 7:06 pm

Dr Suave wrote:You must now acquire 30 reputation points instead of 20. This is because we have updated our reputation system to ignore negative reputation points, making it easier to achieve a higher amount of rep points faster.

Thank you for the explanation Dr Suave. Will people who have been given negative points get them back? Or does it still count against them? Just wondering.

itisme177
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Suave 18/3/2010, 7:08 pm

What you have now is what your stuck with. We may remove the section to view -reps though, not sure yet. So to answer your question, no, you will not get any points back.
Dr Suave
Dr Suave

Back to top Go down

Post by Theta Zero 18/3/2010, 10:46 pm

Shexy wrote:Rofl so much 5 days of advertising as a requirement...a bit harsh...making us go no-lifing o.o

How so? Set up a bot overnight. After a week or two, you'll have the requirement.

Getting a rank isn't supposed to be easy. There's 3000 people here (and rising fast!), and 100 ranks.

Theta Zero
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vc 20/3/2010, 9:23 am

Theta Zero wrote:
Shexy wrote:Rofl so much 5 days of advertising as a requirement...a bit harsh...making us go no-lifing o.o

How so? Set up a bot overnight. After a week or two, you'll have the requirement.

Getting a rank isn't supposed to be easy. There's 3000 people here (and rising fast!), and 100 ranks.

Agree u must earn a rank
u cant get it for free Very Happy

Vc
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ste7720 23/3/2010, 9:35 pm

wow... rep went from 20 to 30 =o... =],
Ste7720
Ste7720
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next