Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

+6
ace123
PRISM
ViralBR0
Slycho
Charlie
Inhaps
10 posters

Go down

Which is the best entry?

SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_lcap22%SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_rcap 22% 
[ 4 ]
SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_lcap11%SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]
SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_lcap0%SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_lcap61%SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_rcap 61% 
[ 11 ]
SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_lcap6%SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Empty SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Post by Inhaps 16/12/2011, 6:00 pm

Rules:
Your entry must be your own work and must be made by you, ripping will not be tolerated and there will be consequences.
You may only submit one entry. If you decide to change your entry, you may edit your original post before the due date.
Your entry must be made during the submission time; no pre-made entries are allowed.
Your submission must somewhere on the signature say SOTW.
The size of the signature may not exceed 500x250 pixels horizontal, or 250x500 vertical.
No explicit images.

Prizes are as follows:
1st place - 5.5m
2nd place - 2.5m
3rd place - 1m
Public Favourite - 1m

Theme: Cold Weather
Entry Deadline: Friday, December 23, 18:00 UTC/GMT

Post your entries here. Good luck, everyone!
___

Akua: 1st place, Public Favourite

SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED LIRHA

Josh:
Amazing beautiful stock and create work with the c4ds. Could have been blended maybe a little better but non the less very amazing. Nice work.

Broeder:
You set up a great concept, but theres just something there that doesnt seem right. Perhaps all the different colors, perhaps flow, i cant really say. One tip for you: Try using rounder fonts and please do not place text in a corner. This sig could have been great with a flamboyant text close to the focal point with maybe 1 or 2 words near it setting the theme.

Inhaps:
It's pretty but not perfect. The lighting just isn't right; the sun would have to be located more on the left for all the shadows to make sense. The 3D renders are rather odd; they don't blend in very well. I'd say that the renders have a much too saturated colour in comparision to the stock image.
k

Charlie: 2nd place

SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Coldweather

Josh:
Every thing seems to flat to be personally the colors especially. and the text looks weird to me. I don't know what it is. But none the less its a great color scheme besides the text. and good render.

Broeder:
Why so small is my first question. The effects are pretty cool but they dont get the space they need, neither does the render. Looks a bit pixely at some places which would have been less if you had kept it bigger. I like the color scheme of this one, would have added a bigger more visible border if it would have been my sig

Inhaps:
Looks like the image is a part of something bigger, like it's been cut from somewhere, but that gives it a neat look.

ace123: 3rd place

SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Skii

Josh:
Its would be a great sig ace had you have put in lighting. if you would have putt it in from the right and the text would had been maybe used to fill that empty space this sig would be great.

Broeder:
I like the subtle c4d's you added to the focal point. all in all this sig says action for me on the right side, but nothing at all on the left side. The font of the text is ok, but the placement is bad. Like i said to Akua, for the next few sigs try putting text close to the focal point and certainly not in a corner

Inhaps:
It's, uh, dark. Should the brightness been upped a notch it would have been much better. Perhaps placing the text more to the top would be better as it would also deal with the blank place.

Slycho

SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED S0tw19

Josh:
I Don't know what this is but i know it has to do with cold weather so i give you props on that. But on these sigs you are making you are just putting a render on a background. And last SOTW people told you it wasn't blended in to the background. i see you tried to do that hear but his whole left arm is smudged now.
look at some tutorials and try to work on depth.

Broeder:
Its a lot of blue, but is it really about cold weather?
I like the border, the background is a mit much but for this style not badly executed. You are just not on the level yet to really compete with better thought out sigs.

Inhaps:
It's horribly unorganised. Everything seems to be slapped on the canvas. While it is pretty, there's little connection between each element.

ViralBRO

SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED 2Sn2N

Josh:
This is the type of sig you entered before. Branch out try a different style. Its a decent sig your work on it doesn't go unnoticed. The ice in the back is very nice. And i dislike the SOTW text.

Broeder:
I like the text and the icey textures surrounding it, but the layer you put over it makes all colors bland. Would have been cool if you could have made it look like it was frozen in in ice. The sotw text is horrible btw Smile Placement for one, and the size should be smaller.

Inhaps:
The icey texture is nice but the sotw text ruins it. Sotw might've been better with a less rounded font.

Last edited by Inhaps on 4/1/2012, 12:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Inhaps
Inhaps
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Empty Re: SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Post by Charlie 17/12/2011, 12:08 am

SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED Coldweather
Charlie
Charlie
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Slycho 17/12/2011, 3:19 am

SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED S0tw19

Last edited by Slycho on 17/12/2011, 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Slycho
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by ViralBR0 17/12/2011, 6:49 pm

Was worth a shot...
And Charlie yours is really nice.
SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED 2Sn2N
ViralBR0
ViralBR0
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by PRISM 19/12/2011, 7:24 pm

SOTW #19 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED LIRHA

original stock:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Akua on 20/12/2011, 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
PRISM
PRISM
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by ace123 20/12/2011, 11:01 am

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img207/6708/skii.png
ace123
ace123
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky 24/12/2011, 4:46 pm

Akua no question here.... the movement shown is FANTASTIC
Lucky
Lucky
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiggie 25/12/2011, 4:48 am

My vote is 100% for Akua. I think the C4Ds could have been blended better, but his is definitely the most appealing imo.
Jiggie
Jiggie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cald 30/12/2011, 8:04 am

Voted for Akua, Charlie's is nice but damn Akua's looks cool Razz
Cald
Cald
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiri 2/1/2012, 2:43 pm

Wow Akua's entree is pretty impressive, good job you got my vote!
Jiri
Jiri
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down