Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Introduction posts should not increase post count?

+7
Kelly
sam_here
Y3llowswag
Mr Zuidenaar
Kuston
Boltions
oArc
11 posters

Go down

Introduction posts should not increase post count? Empty Introduction posts should not increase post count?

Post by oArc 28/7/2012, 3:25 am

Simple Suggestion.

Posts in the Introduction Section should not increase a person's post count.
Any kind of posts can be made in that section just to increase post count for no reason.

Sure, it might be like 5 posts a week, but they add up over time.
It's all good and well to introduce a member to the forums, but most people will put "Welcome!" and nothing else, as its just a basic attempt at increasing a post count.

The same with One / Two word replies to guide / progress threads.

People enjoy reposting "Good Luck!" or "Great Guide!" with no meaningful feedback or advice to add onto the thread.
I know that you cannot stop one / two word replies, but you could enable that we are able to report these posts as spam, to be deleted.
oArc
oArc
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Introduction posts should not increase post count? Empty Re: Introduction posts should not increase post count?

Post by Boltions 28/7/2012, 6:39 am

It is not a big thing,

Making count-less sections are not possible as of yet in this forum,

People's posts are constantly being checked for quality and if it is found that the person has been exploiting the introductions sections blatantly, for the sole purpose of increasing post counts, that person will be warned and post count reset to zero.

If you do know some persons who are in a habit of doing this, create a thread here or PM me Smile
Boltions
Boltions
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Introduction posts should not increase post count? Empty Re: Introduction posts should not increase post count?

Post by Kuston 28/7/2012, 2:27 pm

Boltions wrote:It is not a big thing,

Making count-less sections are not possible as of yet in this forum,

People's posts are constantly being checked for quality and if it is found that the person has been exploiting the introductions sections blatantly, for the sole purpose of increasing post counts, that person will be warned and post count reset to zero.

If you do know some persons who are in a habit of doing this, create a thread here or PM me Smile

I agree with you Smile
Kuston
Kuston
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Zuidenaar 28/7/2012, 6:11 pm

I'm 99% sure this isn't possible on our forums.
Mr Zuidenaar
Mr Zuidenaar
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Introduction posts should not increase post count? Empty Reply

Post by Y3llowswag 28/7/2012, 11:49 pm

I'm a friendly guy and like to welcome new people just like me and I wouldn't mind introduction posts not count because it doesn't mean anything to me about post counts and stuff I just want to like meet new people (: But I think the admins/ high positioned people monitor the replies and posts you do if your really that shallow to try to increase post count exponentially.
Y3llowswag
Y3llowswag
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by sam_here 29/7/2012, 5:07 am

Mr Zuidenaar wrote:I'm 99% sure this isn't possible on our forums.
phpBB has it, I guess if there is an uber outdated version it might not.

ot. If they make an effort of posting they should get post count. If they enabled this is would decrease good posts in those boards.
sam_here
sam_here
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 29/7/2012, 10:59 am

sam_here wrote:
Mr Zuidenaar wrote:I'm 99% sure this isn't possible on our forums.
phpBB has it, I guess if there is an uber outdated version it might not.

ot. If they make an effort of posting they should get post count. If they enabled this is would decrease good posts in those boards.

This

Also, it isn't really that big of a thing. I could see if people weren't welcoming one another, and weren't being nice to one another, but they are XD So it isn't really that big of a deal
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mime Cat 30/7/2012, 8:25 pm

All posts are fair
Mime Cat
Mime Cat
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim IReaper 3/8/2012, 3:06 pm

Great post!

*walks away with one more post count*

Joke. I don't think post count means much to anyone unless they want the higher tier merchanting guides. People only really care about raising their reputation and their vouches count.
Grim IReaper
Grim IReaper
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jorsin Alkes 6/8/2012, 3:44 pm

You can welcome someone by guiding him to some guides and stuff like this. I consider that helpful so I'd say it's okay to keep it count as a post although I don't consider a simple "welcome" post OK Razz
Jorsin Alkes
Jorsin Alkes
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpshot 16/8/2012, 4:38 pm

I know whenever I welcome someone to the forums I always offer help and tell them about the guides and flip lists and things. I feel like there are quite a few people who do this and would stop if they didn't get post count.
Sharpshot
Sharpshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down