Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question on Badges

3 posters

Go down

Question on Badges Empty Question on Badges

Post by Grim IReaper 27/8/2012, 3:12 am

This thread is concerning a rule on the forum badges located below our avatars. As a GFX designer, I'm often requested to make customized badges to be placed on a profile. It's my job to make sure they pass a standard where they don't break any rules. However, I've been informed early on that glow on badges is not permitted.

Glow:
Question on Badges Zombehbadge2 Question on Badges Assassin2u Question on Badges Dyprs2 Question on Badges Dababadgeglow

Non-glow
Question on Badges Zombehbadge3 Question on Badges Assassin3 Question on Badges Dyprs1 Question on Badges Dababadge

Glow is often the popular choice among my clients, so I often make duplicates (which is why there's two of each). Currently, the glow version of the 'Power Slave' badge is currently being displayed on the forums. And so far, none of my clients have had any problems having the glow versions being put up by admins.

So the question is, is glow permitted as long as it doesn't exceed the badge template?
Grim IReaper
Grim IReaper
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Question on Badges Empty Re: Question on Badges

Post by Kelly 27/8/2012, 4:29 am

When creating the badges, I had asked J a few questions regarding custom badges, as they were required to be changed when the new badges were implemented (obviously, so no badge will stick out, look uneven from the rest, or otherwise out of place). J said he did not want glow, flames, or really anything unprofessional.

However, I talked to him not too long ago (eh.. give or take a month or so) and asked him again about it, as I was curious too, it being a popular choice, and as long as it's JUST a glow, nothing extreme, it's fine.

Anything about badges you can just ask me directly Grim Razz
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Question on Badges Empty Re: Question on Badges

Post by Grim IReaper 27/8/2012, 4:55 am

Okay, thank you, Kelly.
Grim IReaper
Grim IReaper
Forum Addict (750 posts)