Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting rid of auctioning names

+4
Drakan
Obbyshaggz
Julian
Isen
8 posters

Go down

Getting rid of auctioning names Empty Getting rid of auctioning names

Post by Isen 4/9/2012, 9:18 pm

I think we should get rid of auctioning of names. It leads to 50 threads all auctioning off names, and maybe 2 names selling. Make it like an auction is, high bid wins. If you want an auto-win, start the bidding at that.
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Getting rid of auctioning names Empty Re: Getting rid of auctioning names

Post by Julian 5/9/2012, 1:15 am

I think they should do what they have in the graphic section where only x amount of auctions can be going on at once and they have to be approved.
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Obbyshaggz 5/9/2012, 6:44 am

I Just think people shouldn't try and sell/auction names that have no meaning/value to the general public :/
Obbyshaggz
Obbyshaggz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 6/9/2012, 12:38 am

The threads aren't auctions if they are not going to sell for the winning bid, It's just a glorified price check thread where they are gauging interest in how much people will pay for accounts.

Or if it's going to be an auction, let it be an auction.

Set your starting price, bids must go up by X amount. Auction ends in X days.

That is an auction.
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakan 6/9/2012, 12:44 am

Auctions should only be allowed on rare names, As some names are just useless, and as you said, the sub-forum is being flooded by these auction threads, and I think the people are making it just to higher post count w/o breaking the rules.
Drakan
Drakan
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian 6/9/2012, 12:51 am

I don't think a name sale should be limited to its "rarity" but it should be formal and official.

1)Apply for an auction thread
2)Set a starting bid and auto-win number
3)Start auction for x amount of days with an official RuneTrack timer
4)Once the name is listed and bid on, it MUST be sold or they are at risk of TWC

Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakan 6/9/2012, 12:55 am

Jewlian wrote:I don't think a name sale should be limited to its "rarity" but it should be formal and official.

4)Once the name is listed and bid on, it MUST be sold or they are at risk of TWC

^^
That seems reasonable, being at risk of TWC would make sense, and be a great deterrent for bogus auction sellers.
Drakan
Drakan

Back to top Go down

Post by Obbyshaggz 6/9/2012, 1:31 am

Jewlian wrote:I don't think a name sale should be limited to its "rarity" but it should be formal and official.

I Can Agree with this and hope to see something Similar to it sometime soon.
Obbyshaggz
Obbyshaggz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 6/9/2012, 4:49 am

^

Seems fair.

Something does need to be done, though because stuff like this makes people not want to buy names because they'll NEVER get it for the auto-win, as the person running the auction will up the price.
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KMV 6/9/2012, 10:14 am

Obbyshaggz wrote:

I Can Agree with this and hope to see something Similar to it sometime soon.

1. I want this name section to grow and not be restrict. If you have to apply to sell a name in this section my hope for seeing some really good names come thru here would be pretty much dead.

2. Setting a bid timer/counter wouldn't be very productive.

3. Now for a name "MUST" be sold, I can not agree with that. The names some of you have probably seen on my thread are actually quite unique. I do have quite a few names rarer then this and i definitely wouldn't want to put something like the name "got" up for sale and only get like 50m and have to sell it for that.

Now as for the reason I list my names the way I do, its because when I buy/sell names on other forums its common terms for me and its easier to keep track of rather then, learning a new format specifically for these forums. It also deters anyone who has any good names from coming thru here as well.

A guide for what everything means comes soon.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian 6/9/2012, 11:04 am

When i say must, i mean that if there is a bid, you cant say "oh i change my mind, im not selling it"
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 6/9/2012, 12:51 pm

Right, an auction ends when nobody else bids on it. Once it goes up for sale, you can't change your mind. You don't end the auction early. Highest bid gets it.

The problem lies in that people want to list a/w. Your a/w should be your starting bid, if noone wants to pay that much for it off the bat, then you aren't going to sell it, and the name selling thread turns into a waste of time, space, and forum resources.
Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KMV 6/9/2012, 12:55 pm

Isen wrote:Right, an auction ends when nobody else bids on it. Once it goes up for sale, you can't change your mind. You don't end the auction early. Highest bid gets it.

The problem lies in that people want to list a/w. Your a/w should be your starting bid, if noone wants to pay that much for it off the bat, then you aren't going to sell it, and the name selling thread turns into a waste of time, space, and forum resources.

Thats kinda my point I'm making on the 4th rule you lined out. I have quite a few rare names I plan on introducing to these forums slowly but surely. I'm not going to fork over something like the rsn "72" or the rsn "able" for like nothing because it HAS, to be sold. I guess I could give rewording my thread a bit a shot but, I refuse to sell anything as good as I have listed above for like 30m because, I'm forced to sell the name.

The point of bidding is so there's offers to consider, NOT highest bidder wins.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Isen 6/9/2012, 1:21 pm

Then it's not a name selling thread, it's a name your price, and I might sell it to you.

If you are offered an autowin, you will accept correct?

If that's the case, then say, I'm selling this name for XXXX price. Not, I'm selling these names if I get the price I want above the autowin that I still may not sell to you.

And you shouldn't worry that you will chase name sellers off of our forums. Not good for the community...
DicingNigga wrote:It also deters anyone who has any good names from coming thru here as well.

Isen
Isen
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 6/9/2012, 1:31 pm

Isen wrote:Then it's not a name selling thread, it's a name your price, and I might sell it to you.

If that's the case, then say, I'm selling this name for XXXX price. Not, I'm selling these names if I get the price I want above the autowin that I still may not sell to you.

And you shouldn't worry that you will chase name sellers off of our forums. Not good for the community...
DicingNigga wrote:It also deters anyone who has any good names from coming thru here as well.

^

This. Sounds like that's sort of what you're doing anyway. If someone doesn't go within the A/W range it sits there. An auction, traditionally, has a time limit so then offers don't just sit there and all people don't have to buy the A/W. Sometimes you'll get offers lower than you'd like. That's the downside to auctions. However, once it's up and running, you can't retract it or request for more if they've bid.

If you want no less than 30M for your names, Dicingnigga, set a timer and the starting price of 30M or something near that. Because as of right now you're not really auctioning.. You're just waiting til someone buys it for your A/W, which honestly seems a bit chaotic and comes off as a little greedy, seeing as you're advertising for an auction, but not giving one in a sense No .
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KMV 6/9/2012, 2:40 pm

Kelly wrote:
Isen wrote:Then it's not a name selling thread, it's a name your price, and I might sell it to you.

^

This. Sounds like that's sort of what you're doing anyway. If someone doesn't go within the A/W range it sits there. An auction, traditionally, has a time limit so then offers don't just sit there and all people don't have to buy the A/W. Sometimes you'll get offers lower than you'd like. That's the downside to auctions. However, once it's up and running, you can't retract it or request for more if they've bid.

If you want no less than 30M for your names, Dicingnigga, set a timer and the starting price of 30M or something near that. Because as of right now you're not really auctioning.. You're just waiting til someone buys it for your A/W, which honestly seems a bit chaotic and comes off as a little greedy, seeing as you're advertising for an auction, but not giving one in a sense No .

The main reason I would want more name sales go on here on these forums is because, its much safer then any other forums. Also the a/w is merely a price that I will sell someone the name without going over unless my inbox gets flooded with a bunch of people that are trying to do that.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inomonu 6/9/2012, 7:00 pm

It is true that name sales are nothing more than "post your interest in the name, and an offer that i like, or think nobody will top shall be accepted", however that doesn't mean that the system itself of the auctioning names is flawed.

Just make it so you need to add a time limit and everything should be fine, as in 72 hours after a bid has stood, it needs to be sold to them or a TWC or infractions can be awarded, likewise, this can be applied to people just doing the thing that happens on all forums where people try and rack up posts by posting on auctions they know will never end.
Inomonu
Inomonu

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian 6/9/2012, 7:16 pm

If you want to sell a name, then take offers, not an auction teasing bidders that like the name.
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Inomonu 6/9/2012, 8:42 pm

So, essentially, you guys don't like that certain people call it an auction, when actually, it's just offering on a name?

So, just ask if someone could expand on the different types of name sales - e.g. straight sales, auctions (time based) and offer-based sales.
Inomonu
Inomonu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 6/9/2012, 11:46 pm

As a general rule, there should be some sort of time limit to auctions, at the very least. I think many people will be brought to a halt, though, over the newer rules put in place (info here).

Isen, maybe talk to Wagerhost directly and see if some auction rules can be put into motion? At least a time limit so no teasing and general greedy things are done?
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julian 7/9/2012, 12:44 am

inb4JewlianandIsenfornamesalesmod
Julian
Julian
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by WagerHost 7/9/2012, 2:05 am

This is indeed an interesting topic and there are goods and bads for both opinions.

I will talk to Cor about this and we will make a decision
WagerHost
WagerHost
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by KMV 7/9/2012, 2:21 am

I guess it never occurred to me that terms mattered so much. So instead of bids on my name sale thread I changed the words from "bids" to "offers".

I didn't think the words I used would end up being such a problem so hopefully after I change the terms I use it won't be such a problem.

KMV
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down