Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Player Owned Ports Guide [In Progress][incomplete]

+3
Bom
Dag
Dna
7 posters

Go down

Player Owned Ports Guide [In Progress][incomplete] Empty Player Owned Ports Guide [In Progress][incomplete]

Post by Dna 14/12/2012, 12:02 am

Reserved will be filled in over time due to exams

Hello and welcome to Dnafile2's Player owned Ports guide! Please keep in mind, this is not a tutorial guide, which would be expansive and is easily found in other locations, but an advanced tactics guide, and easy visual explanation. Without further ado,

Map of Surrounding Area

The fastest access teleport for PoP is Explorer's Ring Cabbage Port, however, clan vexillum, home teleports to either Port Sarim or Draynor, Glories, or walking from Falador are all valid options.

Player Owned Ports Guide [In Progress][incomplete] Mapcd

Buttons from Left to Right

Voyages, Crew Roster, Shipyard, Upgrade Buildings, Port Management, Archipelago Map

Player Owned Ports Guide [In Progress][incomplete] Screentiy

Resources

Chimes (Top Left) - Chimes are a universal currency, they are continually gathered from missions, and are always useful unlike other currencies

Bamboo/Gunpowder/Slate/Cherrywood/Jade/Stainless Steel - These resources are zone specific, and are gathered from missions during your time in that zone. Each corresponds to a unique zone, and are used for upgrading buildings and ships. They lose usefulness after a stage has been completed.

Ancient Bones/Plate/Spices/Lacquer/Chi - Very little is known about these resources, however, Plates are required in order to create the new level 85 Tetsu armour, Lacquer is required for the new Death Lotus armour, and Chi is required for the new Seasinger armour. These 3 armour sets have 2 versions - tradeable and untradeable. The tradeable versions degrade after 12 hours and are destroyed permanently, while the untradeable versions degrade after 12 hours but are repairable. Ancient Bones will be required in the production of Scrimshaws using fletching, while Spices will be used to make Rocktail Soup through cooking.

Player Owned Ports Guide [In Progress][incomplete] Resourcesk

Visitors/Black Market

The visitors tab can be important at times. Each day, visiting captains as well as special visitors from skills were be reset, and this tab will help you see them. Additionally, as a reward from random events, you may receive a captain or crew reroll which allows you to attempt to find another captain on the same day. Finally, this tab will show that the black market is open and what wares he is selling. It is important to buy out his stock daily, as it is the only way outside wealth is applicable to PoP. It should only cost around 70k a day to do this. The black marketeer can also repair damaged ships, which occur occasionally when a mission is failed - it is important to have him repair your ship as to reduce downtime.

Player Owned Ports Guide [In Progress][incomplete] Visitorsv

Port Management

Once you unlock the Skull Region, you can access Port Management, which will let you decide which area you would like to put your "Special Mission" scroll rewards towards. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SELECTED BEFORE SENDING A SCROLL MISSION, OR YOU MAY MISS OUT. Requires one of the 90+ stats in order to access a visitor.

Player Owned Ports Guide [In Progress][incomplete] Scrollsq

Advanced Tactics/Tips

Building Your Crew

It is extremely important to maintain a crew that is at complete capacity! I'll repeat that once more, it is extremely important you maintain a crew that is at complete capacity! A complete crew allows you to have many options, as well as conduct additional missions with ease. You should aim to have, in total, 2 specialty units (ie. Dwarf/Fireworks) in order to increase speed on missions that you know you can beat, you should have 3-4 cyclops or equivalent characters, who can help skillfully in MORE THAN ONE category of mission. Finally, you should try to maintain an equivalent number of combat, morale, and seafaring crewmen.

It is important to, at the beginning of each new day, go through every possible recruiting option. No stone should be left unturned. It is especially important to consider crewmen with special traits. Traits grant various bonuses, and to see a list of them, I will provide a link at the bottom of this guide. Maintaining crewmembers that have significantly beneficial traits is essential to increasing your yield, and chance of random events.

Player Owned Ports Guide [In Progress][incomplete] Crewroster

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT:

If you get a crew reroll, you should SAVE IT. Rewards are very hard to come by and it is essential that you save them. By saving crew rerolls for the instant you discover a new zone, you net yourself significantly higher success rates on missions because you can require higher quality crew members faster. I personally have 3 crew rerolls at all times.

Ship Upgrade Priority

The general order for upgrades priority is:

Deck Items -> Hulls ->Rams -> Rudders

Deck items, while only paying to unlock them once, can be used on both deck item slots. It is essential that when you access a new zone, you save up and upgrade your deck items, because the bonuses they provide are overwhelming.
The order in which you should purchase deck items is Morale->Combat->Seafaring. Seafaring required missions are the least common, while morale are the most common, so in order to achieve the best possible success rate on missions you should choose to upgrade your morale deck items first.

It's advised to obtain atleast 2 crewmen of each type upon entering a new zone, prior to purchasing deck items. This is because deck items are quite expensive, and partial upgrades of crewmen will allow you to replace your weakest links, then proceed towards upgrading your ship.

Player Owned Ports Guide [In Progress][incomplete] Upgradesx

Arranging Your Crew and Mission Order Philosophy

When choosing which mission to do next, always consider your situation. I operate and describe tactics based on the assumption that you can complete 100% of your missions each day.

First of all, attempt easy missions first. This includes potentially doing bonus missions prior to monetary missions. The reasoning behind this is simple - as you complete missions, your crew levels up. If you can do an easy mission and have it directly translate into a higher chance of success for your next mission, then you should complete the easy mission first. It is essential that if you fulfill the requirements for a mission easily, that you PUT CREW MEMBERS ON YOUR BOAT THAT, IF LEVELLED UP, COULD HELP YOU FOR HARDER MISSIONS. This idea is essential, if a mission requires 2400 seafaring and you can hit 3000 quite easily, then you should place atleast 2 crew members within you boat that relate to a more difficult mission, morale, for instance. By having them level and gain a 10% base boost, you're increasing your probability of success.

Lower-leveled crew members level up faster than higher-leveled ones, so if you have the choice between adding your fifth morale character, a level 1, versus adding your level 5 morale character, choose your level 1, as the 10% increase in stats is based off their base stats, and you will benefit more from the mission's experience if you send your level 1.

Player Owned Ports Guide [In Progress][incomplete] Voyages

Utilization of Special Units

There are 6 types of special units. There are Soothsayer Type (Seafaring + Good Fortune), Cyclops Type (Combat/Morale + Rallying Cry), Slate Golem Type (Combat/Morale + Staunch), First Mate (All types + Solidarity) and Merchant (Morale + Merchant).

The first category of special units consists of Soothsayer Types, which provide decent bonuses to Seafaring and the trait Good Fortune, which increases the chance of receiving a random event after a successful mission.

Last edited by Dna on 23/12/2012, 2:26 pm; edited 9 times in total
Dna
Dna
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Player Owned Ports Guide [In Progress][incomplete] Empty Re: Player Owned Ports Guide [In Progress][incomplete]

Post by Dag 14/12/2012, 11:10 pm

I've been anticipating a guide on this Smile

Whenever you're done let me know via PM, i'll make sure you get some Activity Points for it! Smile

Good work on it so far Smile
Dag
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Player Owned Ports Guide [In Progress][incomplete] Empty Re: Player Owned Ports Guide [In Progress][incomplete]

Post by Dna 14/12/2012, 11:18 pm

Yeah I'm studying atm and waiting for my PoP to reset so I can get more informative screenshots, but it should be complete soon
Dna
Dna
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bom 14/12/2012, 11:18 pm

Looking foward to it, profiled so I remember to read when it's complete
Bom
Bom
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeus 15/12/2012, 12:53 am

Dna wrote:
Ancient Bones/Plate/Spices/Lacquer/Chi - Very little is known about these resources, however, Plates are required in order to create the new level 85 armours.
While I know this guide is still under construction, this is only partially true. Plates are needed to make the Tetsu armor pieces, not all level 85 armor. Death lotus armor requires lacquer and Sea singer's robes require chi globes. Ancient bones are used in the making of scrimshaws and I believe spices are used in the rock tail soup. I could be wrong about the soup, though.

Great work on teh guide so far, though. Can't wait to see the finished product Smile
Zeus
Zeus
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dna 15/12/2012, 1:23 am

Thanks for the tip Kyoot, I had only been considering Tetsu really since that's what I'm going for, but thank you very much for pointing out that mistake. I'll edit that in asap. I was under the assumption that bones are for scrimshaws however since nobody actually has any yet I'll leave that in brackets.
Dna
Dna
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dna 27/12/2012, 6:24 pm

Going to be finishing this up soon, I've been really unpredictable in schedule these past few days
Dna
Dna
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Croaker89 15/2/2013, 5:49 pm

+rep
Very useful, first guide that gives a recommendation on how you fill out your crew
Croaker89
Croaker89
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by some_rs_kid 18/2/2013, 5:02 am

ETA on completion?
some_rs_kid
some_rs_kid
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by FrodoTBaginz 1/3/2013, 9:39 pm

As I was browsing the forums and glanced at the guides section I though "I winder if theres a PoP guide yet". Haha. Im working towards getting my 90 prayer so hopefully your done the guide by then. Good luck.
FrodoTBaginz
FrodoTBaginz
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down