Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Way Of Flipping

+6
argetlam81
Chipmunk01
Malarroy
Y U NO PLAY
death2mageox
Rinc3Wind
10 posters

Go down

Did you found this informative

Another Way Of Flipping I_vote_lcap60%Another Way Of Flipping I_vote_rcap 60% 
[ 6 ]
Another Way Of Flipping I_vote_lcap30%Another Way Of Flipping I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
Another Way Of Flipping I_vote_lcap10%Another Way Of Flipping I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Another Way Of Flipping Empty Another Way Of Flipping

Post by Guest 26/12/2012, 2:05 am

PROLOGUE
This moneymaking guide will show you how to gain profit from "junk" items, and to be more clear its about buying items from the grand exchange and selling them for higher price at general stores for profit.

HOW IT WORKS
The med price in grand exchange of the item "yew logs" is 496 gp and the general store buys it for 100 gp. Then due to an update from Jagex yew logs crash very bad reaching a med price of 96 gp. People notice that general stores are buying yew logs for a higher price than the grand exchange and start buying them off grand exchange to sell them at general stores for a profit of 4 gp per yew log as if they high alch them they would have a loss of ~14 gp (because nature runes cost more).

Here is a spreadsheet made by Malarroy showing some items with lower grand exchange prices than the general store offers. (i plan adding more, or if you have a suggestion leave a comment). Note that the items : gold amulet, gold bracelet and gold necklace should be sold to rogue. Rogue is an NPC located in varrock near Aubury who buys jewelery for their high alch price. In order to be accessed the P2P quest "Summer's End" must be completed and players should then use the Jennica's ring to free him. Then he can also be accessed by F2P servers. For more info click here.

SO WHAT SHOULD I DO?
  1. Choose an item with lower grand exchange price than the general stores/rogue buys.
  2. Go to grand exchange and buy lots of this item for less than the price the general store/rogue offers. Some items may not buy instantly or may not buy at all at peak times so its good idea to buy them overnight.
  3. Go to varrock general store/rogue and sell the items in noted form*.

*Pro tip: When you sell at general stores first press the Max button (1) and then click rapidly at the sell button (2) this way you will sell your items in no time. See the image for more info.

Spoiler:

Its not a gp/hour moneymaking method as it works more like merchanting. But it has advantage over to merchanting because it is completely safe (the prices of the general stores will never fall) so it would be prefect for new merchants. It also have the advantage to be "afkable" (i.e. you can buy the tiaras overnight) or you can do it while skilling.

I've also found that.

Have fun making money and also feel free to leave a comment/question or a suggestion. Smile

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Unagile ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Last edited by unagileguth on 2/1/2013, 5:35 pm; edited 21 times in total

Back to top Go down

Another Way Of Flipping Empty Re: Another Way Of Flipping

Post by Rinc3Wind 26/12/2012, 5:29 am

Gold bracelets can be sold to the rogue in varrock for 220 gp and their price on the ge soetimes falls below that so you can make a profit on that as well.
Rinc3Wind
Rinc3Wind
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by death2mageox 26/12/2012, 9:30 am

nice guide keep the thread up to date! nice job (y)
death2mageox
death2mageox
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1/1/2013, 9:24 pm

Does this guide have any chance to be rated?

Back to top Go down

Post by Y U NO PLAY 1/1/2013, 10:55 pm

sweet that is awesome! nice guide.
Y U NO PLAY
Y U NO PLAY
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Malarroy 2/1/2013, 4:07 am

I decided to make a quick spreadsheet that automatically updates with GE info so unagileguth doesn't always have to do it. If new items are suggested here, I'll try to add them there as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AnHB7-CubBnodDdtX1AxdHozS1RGMFFNXzg3QU1GR1E&single=true&gid=6&output=html

And +rep to you for writing a good guide.
Malarroy
Malarroy
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/1/2013, 5:48 pm

Malarroy wrote:I decided to make a quick spreadsheet that automatically updates with GE info so unagileguth doesn't always have to do it. If new items are suggested here, I'll try to add them there as well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AnHB7-CubBnodDdtX1AxdHozS1RGMFFNXzg3QU1GR1E&single=true&gid=6&output=html

And +rep to you for writing a good guide.

Thanks for the spreadsheet it helps a lot! (+3 rep) and i plan add more items soon so i will pm you.

P.S. To whoever -rep me. I would prefer you to add a comment about what you didn't like so i can improve it, thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chipmunk01 4/1/2013, 3:39 pm

+rep, a new creative way to flip, although the profits aren't big the idea is still pretty cool. Smile
Chipmunk01
Chipmunk01
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by argetlam81 10/3/2013, 10:01 pm

barbed bolts, spirit shards, and some scrolls might also be added though these are slow when the prices are almost the same.

I do this myself and find that using a high alchemy calculator (found a good one at scape-xp via google), I can check to see what is half the price of its high alch value(generally store buy price).

Keep the price under 30k to avoid the warning.

I've found that having a full pouch tends to have my offer options close when completed but an empty pouch lets me do more transactions.

mousekeys are your friend.

might also want to mention pouches to shards options as well since this is safe item merching.
argetlam81
argetlam81
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by KitKat 11/3/2013, 1:55 am

+rep, good idea.
KitKat
KitKat
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by 69STEP 31/3/2013, 12:46 pm

Long-winded..
69STEP
69STEP
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Iambacon 22/8/2013, 1:29 am

Actually, that's very clever. Kind of like reverse battlestaffs.
Iambacon
Iambacon
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 22/8/2013, 1:56 am

locked, gravedig
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)