Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SM Public Event - The Hunger Games - Hosted by Merzz's Mercenaries - F2P

+5
celeritas0
Lucky
DoYouPlay_RS
hammer man25
Dory
9 posters

Go down

SM Public Event - The Hunger Games - Hosted by Merzz's Mercenaries - F2P   Empty SM Public Event - The Hunger Games - Hosted by Merzz's Mercenaries - F2P

Post by Dory 21/1/2013, 5:36 am

The Hunger Games! Hosted by Merzz's Mercenaries

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

When: Wednesday 23 January
Time: 7 PM EST, 12 PM GMT
Location: Clan Wars Bank (Gamers Grotto tele on games necklace and go east)
World: 135
FC: Dory
IRC: #smokinevents

Well everyone, it's time for the Hunger Games again! This time around however, it's going to be a little different. Instead of in the wilderness, it's in the dangerous clan wars portal!

F.A.Q. about the Hunger Games.

1. What will the playing area look like?

Answer: Check the spoiler right below.
Spoiler:

2. How do you participate in the Hunger Games?

Answer: Great question. When you are a participant in the Hunger Games, your objective is to win the Hunger Games. When the Hunger Games begin, there will be a cornucopia of supplies provided at the cornucopia, which is available for people to grab what they want from it when the Hunger Games start. Note however that risking going in the cornucopia is risky, since others will be there grabbing stuff, trying to kill you. In addition, the hosts will be trying to kill people in the cornucopia almost as soon as the Hunger Games start!

3. What the heck is a host?

Answer: A host is going to be either a big help or a great enemy of yours. A host will either give you supplies (sponsoring you), or try to kill you. Hosts will be geared to be wrecking machines, so watch out for them! You are more likely to get help from a host if you aren't wearing anything and have little to no items in your inventory. Since hosts will be geared to kill and will be at a big advantage over the participants, there is something to save the participants. The hosts can only attack for 15 seconds at a time, then they will stop and move on. The bad news for participants is that they can't attack hosts.

4. How do I win the Hunger Games?

Answer: To win the Hunger Games, you have to have the most value when there is only one person alive. What do I mean by this? When you kill a person, you get points. Kills are 4 points each. You get points for staying alive also, so keep that in mind. You get points for that as follows.

Someone dies and your still alive: 2 point
The fourth or third person dies and your still alive: 4 points
Last man alive: 6 points bonus
Second to last alive: 3 points bonus

5. Great, what happens if I die?

Answer: If you die, you become a ghost. When you are a ghost, you can attack people without being attacked back (except maybe by hosts..)! However, there are 2 limitations. First off, you can only use up to earth strike. Also, you can only attack people for up to 15 seconds, and then move on. Killing someone as a ghost earns you 3 points. Note that you have to supply your own runes for this, and can use a air staff/earth staff.

6. Alright, what can't I do?

Answer: What you can not do is as follows:

-You can not go below the red line while still alive! If caught below the red line while still alive, you will be disqualified for that round!
-You can not have anything on or in your inventory when the Hunger Games being if you are a participant.
-You can not have any of the customization armor on when in the Hunger Games. (although I think it'll remove that being in dangerous portal anyway)
-You must be honest when you die and say you died. When you kill someone, you say you killed someone.
-You can not attack a host or a ghost.

7. How do I know who is alive and who is dead?

Answer: If someone is alive, they will be ranked 1 banana in my friends chat. If they die, they will be a smiley in the friends chat. Hosts are going to be 3 bars in the friends chat, so keep that in mind so you know who a host is!

8. What happens if the Hunger Games ends early?

Answer: If that happens, we will do one of two things, depending of the time.

1. Start up the Hunger Games all over again, noting everyone's previous point total.
2. If time is short, we will have the top 4 point earners fight to the death in the red FFA portal, with the last man alive being the winner!

9. Sounds like fun! What will I get if I am the winner of the Hunger Games?

Answer: You get multiple things! You get a full set of royal robes (or the gp equivalent if F2P), a signature stating you as the Hunger Games Champion made by the wonderful Kelly, and some in game spoils from winning the Hunger Games.

10. I have another question about the Hunger Games that isn't listed here! Sad

Answer: Send me a forum PM and I'll answer it right away! You can also pm me in IRC with my name being Dory. I'll be voiced in the channel #smokinmils if I'm in IRC.

Last Second Reminders/Tips

-Spellbook should be on normal spellbook
-Prayers should be on normal book
-Read what you can't do at Question #6

Good luck to everyone, and may the odds ever be in your favor!

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Last edited by Dory on 23/1/2013, 11:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Dory
Dory
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

SM Public Event - The Hunger Games - Hosted by Merzz's Mercenaries - F2P   Empty Re: SM Public Event - The Hunger Games - Hosted by Merzz's Mercenaries - F2P

Post by hammer man25 21/1/2013, 5:49 am

Edit: Last time we did this, it lasted for about an hour, and it ended with I think 5 of us. I came in second with something like 110k worth of stuff.

Last edited by hammer man25 on 21/1/2013, 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
hammer man25
hammer man25
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

SM Public Event - The Hunger Games - Hosted by Merzz's Mercenaries - F2P   Empty Re: SM Public Event - The Hunger Games - Hosted by Merzz's Mercenaries - F2P

Post by DoYouPlay_RS 21/1/2013, 3:31 pm

Woo, I can make it Very Happy
DoYouPlay_RS
DoYouPlay_RS
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://www.smokinelite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky 21/1/2013, 5:15 pm

This sounds wickedly fun
Lucky
Lucky
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by celeritas0 21/1/2013, 5:23 pm

I can probably make the start but not sure I'll be able to stay till the end... Should I come anyways?
celeritas0
celeritas0
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by yddet 22/1/2013, 1:45 am

ya an event that i can make
yddet
yddet
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Huluplus 23/1/2013, 2:49 pm

Im going to try to make this, I really want to be in it. Razz
Huluplus
Huluplus
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lassus 23/1/2013, 5:27 pm

This sound good, if I can I will be there. Smile
Lassus
Lassus
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Merzz 24/1/2013, 2:25 am

Passed
Merzz
Merzz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down