Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The main reason why 07 scape isn't worth it.

+10
coobacaba
JohnieQuest
Bom
bobabeens
Wutz
Kelly
Broeder
Legendpk
Mark
antdemo
14 posters

Go down

The main reason why 07 scape isn't worth it. Empty The main reason why 07 scape isn't worth it.

Post by antdemo 1/3/2013, 1:05 pm

A lot of people are enjoying 07 scape, I'm not one of those people, it's a shame, I quit runescape because I couldn't pk anymore, and my switching died out, I found it a lot of fun, I still play rs eoc, but not as much, and I don't find it that thrilling anymore, I thought 07 would have saved me, and made me wanna pk again, but why on earth should I reskill att/str/def/mage/hp all the way back too 99? I don't see the point in why I should have to relvl all for the sake to get back to good old times, it's abit crap that jagex made skills back to 1 again, I know many people like to restart but I am not the type of person to waste an entire 20quid and 4months to get 99 in all combat, what a load of bull from jagex, I wish they'd have let me transfer my 99's over.

Anybody else feel this to?
antdemo
antdemo
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

The main reason why 07 scape isn't worth it. Empty Re: The main reason why 07 scape isn't worth it.

Post by Mark 1/3/2013, 1:11 pm

i feel your pain. i logged on to 07 after getting cleaned in eoc, and i got my skills up somewhat then just didnt find the motivation to train anymore. and even better i wasnt even mad about getting cleaned...i think rs is losing its touch on me :/
Mark
Mark
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

The main reason why 07 scape isn't worth it. Empty Re: The main reason why 07 scape isn't worth it.

Post by Legendpk 1/3/2013, 1:32 pm

But on the other hand it's the game like the game should be. You can do whatever you want and for a lot of ppl this is a good thing that skills are resetted as they just started training with EOC and messing up their skills.
At least you have to actually play the game again to gain what you want, I feel your pain in training again etc but in the end it will be worth it if you can pk normally no?
Legendpk
Legendpk
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 1/3/2013, 2:25 pm

You are saying the main reason why 07 scape isnt worth it is that you dont actually like playing the game?
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 1/3/2013, 4:36 pm

I like 07. Everyone starts on even ground. No one has an advantage in skills or combat. I'm practically maxed in EOC, so I would find 07 incredibly boring if stats were just transferred over. It's a lot harder to actually play the game, obtain resources yourself or pay for them on the street without the use of GE, etc.

It's a challenge. I think the reason you do not like 07 is because you have to actually do things yourself, work for it. We've been spoiled with everything being so easy, LRC to train Mining, Runespan to quickly train Runecrafting, etc. Without these and resorting back to old methods of training you have to actually work for it Razz
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wutz 1/3/2013, 6:03 pm

Kelly wrote:I like 07. Everyone starts on even ground. No one has an advantage in skills or combat. I'm practically maxed in EOC, so I would find 07 incredibly boring if stats were just transferred over. It's a lot harder to actually play the game, obtain resources yourself or pay for them on the street without the use of GE, etc.

It's a challenge. I think the reason you do not like 07 is because you have to actually do things yourself, work for it. We've been spoiled with everything being so easy, LRC to train Mining, Runespan to quickly train Runecrafting, etc. Without these and resorting back to old methods of training you have to actually work for it Razz

^This
It is such an awesome feeling when you get 2k, even tho on EoC I wouldn't give a fuck about 2m :p
Wutz
Wutz
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by bobabeens 1/3/2013, 9:27 pm

I love RS07 Very Happy i mean damn im a noob in the modern game now but jesus does it take me back. It does make us work, a lot of methods of making money and lvling and what not definitely seems a lot more simpler in the modern rs. 07 reminds me of how nooby i once was and probably always will be. I love both runescapes :p but 07 feels a crapton more refreshing, challenging, and wayyy more fun IMO and im sure a lot of people can agree. And who cares if we were basically reset, the whole point is to get them old school days back and relive the experience at least somewhat
bobabeens
bobabeens
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

https://www.youtube.com/bobabeens

Back to top Go down

Post by Bom 1/3/2013, 10:15 pm

I like the way 07 Scape is. It's safe to say that I had almost completely lost all interest in Runescape, but I do enjoy these new servers, and I anticipate going back to the old school style pk'ing. Both my brother and I are making pures and I am also making a main
Bom
Bom
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnieQuest 1/3/2013, 10:25 pm

Runescape is a game, and you play games to have fun.

If you have fun playing rs07 you should play it, if you don't have fun you shouldn't.

If you have fun playing rs13 you should play it, if you don't have fun you shouldn't.

So what if you have to restart for rs07, if it's funner than rs13 for people then you should play it. Also, you really shouldn't tell people a game isn't worth it just because you don't like it yourself.
JohnieQuest
JohnieQuest
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by coobacaba 2/3/2013, 12:54 am

People like me who started in 06 and don't remember thing in 07 really enjoys the game. Back then I had no money, no stats, and I was like 8.

coobacaba
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by JIGL0JAY 2/3/2013, 1:54 am

Broeder wrote:You are saying the main reason why 07 scape isnt worth it is that you dont actually like playing the game?

Exactly this. You're crying because you leveled on once, and then the game was changed, and you stopped playing it for the reason you played originally. But now that it's back to how it was, you refuse to level up.... because it's too much work?
JIGL0JAY
JIGL0JAY
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

http://cliffordthecorrupt.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiggie 2/3/2013, 4:41 am

If it were possible to recover the levels you had at the time of the server (July24, 2007?) and that was an option, it would have been cool.

But I also LOVE how everyone starts even. It's like getting to be in on something new with a large community. You don't get many chances to be a part of something so big where everyone is beginning on the same field (granted some people have more knowledge of the old days)
Jiggie
Jiggie

Back to top Go down

Post by antdemo 6/3/2013, 1:59 pm

JIGL0JAY wrote:
Broeder wrote:You are saying the main reason why 07 scape isnt worth it is that you dont actually like playing the game?

Exactly this. You're crying because you leveled on once, and then the game was changed, and you stopped playing it for the reason you played originally. But now that it's back to how it was, you refuse to level up.... because it's too much work?

Right this should actually go towards those who actually have a job irl, and clearly you don't and I don't think many people here even work, I mean you ply 07 servers almost around the click, this isn't aimed towards just you, it's towards those who think I and others can find 10hours a day just to retrain, we work our asses of irl, I've already lvled my stats, you can see for yourself below, so, do you still think it's fair hard working people like myself have to train to get back to what I've already accomplished but now I must restart to get back to that point which I've already done once, but twice, why? People like you who seem to lazy in bed all day and play rs all day get to do sweet fk all and train? I think now you should understand it's alot harder to find time to start again, unlike yourself, you have plenty of time to start again. I don't.

The guy who got banned and wrote that full on essay about you got alot of it spot on.. you may remember but it wasn't that long ago and boy did I laugh at how much he sat you down.

I wouldn't of wrote this post but someone like you telling me who works everyday, that I should waste my time retraining.. psssh, please man, been their done that, not again, not again.

Sorry if I offended anyone but I bet those who work no exactly what I mean, I know what it's like with-out a job, I've been a lazy fk b4, you sit their and ply rs in a day out, everythings so easy on the game, but then I got a job along time ago and finding that time is flipping next to impossible, by the time I've come home from work I'm back out fixing shit, back at about 8-9, gives me about a few hours on rs, I'll spend 2 a night on rs, no way enough time to get back to old days.

Cya

Last edited by antdemo on 6/3/2013, 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
antdemo
antdemo
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wutz 6/3/2013, 2:06 pm

antdemo wrote:
JIGL0JAY wrote:

Right this should actually go towards those who actually have a job irl, and clearly you don't and I don't think many people here even work, I mean you ply 07 servers almost around the click, this isn't aimed towards just you, it's towards those who think I an others can find time 10hours a day just to retrain, we work our asses of irl, I've already lvled my stats, you can see for yourself below, so, do you still think it's fair hard working people like myself and people like you who seem to lazy in bed and ply rs all day get to do sweet fk all? ye, I think now you should understand it's alot harder to find time like yourself.

The guy who got banned and wrote that full on essay about you got alot of it spot on.. you may remember but it wasn't that long ago and boy did I laugh at how much he sat you down.

I wouldn't of wrote this post but someone like you telling me who works that we should waste my time retraining.. psssh, please man.

I'm not home from 7am to 4pm most week days, and have around 5-10 hours of homework every week, and I still enjoy the server. I don't level as fast as other people, but they are still as enjoyable.
Wutz
Wutz
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 6/3/2013, 2:14 pm

antdemo wrote:
JIGL0JAY wrote:

Right this should actually go towards those who actually have a job irl, and clearly you don't and I don't think many people here even work, I mean you ply 07 servers almost around the click, this isn't aimed towards just you, it's towards those who think I and others can find 10hours a day just to retrain, we work our asses of irl, I've already lvled my stats, you can see for yourself below, so, do you still think it's fair hard working people like myself have to train to get back to what I've already accomplished but now I must restart to get back to that point which I've already done once, but twice, why? People like you who seem to lazy in bed all day and play rs all day get to do sweet fk all and train? I think now you should understand it's alot harder to find time to start again, unlike yourself, you have plenty of time to start again. I don't.

I wouldn't of wrote this post but someone like you telling me who works everyday, that I should waste my time retraining.. psssh, please man, been their done that, not again, not again.

Sorry if I offended anyone but I bet those who work no exactly what I mean, I know what it's like with-out a job, I've been a lazy fk b4, you sit their and ply rs in a day out, everythings so easy on the game, but then I got a job along time ago and finding that time is flipping next to impossible, by the time I've come home from work I'm back out fixing shit, back at about 8-9, gives me about a few hours on rs, I'll spend 2 a night on rs, no way enough time to get back to old days.

Cya

Yet you still have the time to write such stupid posts.
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by antdemo 6/3/2013, 2:20 pm

Wutz wrote:
antdemo wrote:
JIGL0JAY wrote:

Right this should actually go towards those who actually have a job irl, and clearly you don't and I don't think many people here even work, I mean you ply 07 servers almost around the click, this isn't aimed towards just you, it's towards those who think I an others can find time 10hours a day just to retrain, we work our asses of irl, I've already lvled my stats, you can see for yourself below, so, do you still think it's fair hard working people like myself and people like you who seem to lazy in bed and ply rs all day get to do sweet fk all? ye, I think now you should understand it's alot harder to find time like yourself.

I wouldn't of wrote this post but someone like you telling me who works that we should waste my time retraining.. psssh, please man.

I'm not home from 7am to 4pm most week days, and have around 5-10 hours of homework every week, and I still enjoy the server. I don't level as fast as other people, but they are still as enjoyable.

Lvling has never been enjoyable to me, not sure what makes you think I enjoyed lvling, anyway, let me just show you how many hours you have to put into getting 99str/att/def/hp/mage/range, it'll take you about 1month per skill, 5months, almost half a year mate, no thanks, and I play 2hours a night, that'll take me more then a year to get.

When I had the time I did get them to 99, and pked after it, man that was shit hot, really fun, but now 07 gets rereleased and everyone has to restart, ye cool, for those who like using time to lvl a skill great, but I've done it, and having to do it again is a pain in the ass for me.

fk it, why am I complaining, I don't see the point in wasting my time complaning.

Forget it, lock the thread, don't think anyone even understands the point, atleast I know I'm human.
antdemo
antdemo
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by antdemo 6/3/2013, 2:24 pm

Julij2 wrote:
antdemo wrote:
JIGL0JAY wrote:

Cya

Yet you still have the time to write such stupid posts.

Because I'm at work waiting for my boss to come back from dinner, it's called not sitting looking at a wall, you know, saying what's on my mind, why do you have to make a useless post like the one you just made, what you said shouldn't even be said since this thread is a ''express your views'' sort of thread, why be an ass like that? did I offend you? lol, you clearly must of got pissed of by what I said.
antdemo
antdemo
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wutz 6/3/2013, 2:43 pm

antdemo wrote:
Wutz wrote:
antdemo wrote:
JIGL0JAY wrote:

Lvling has never been enjoyable to me, not sure what makes you think I enjoyed lvling, anyway, let me just show you how many hours you have to put into getting 99str/att/def/hp/mage/range, it'll take you about 1month per skill, 5months, almost half a year mate, no thanks, and I play 2hours a night, that'll take me more then a year to get.

When I had the time I did get them to 99, and pked after it, man that was shit hot, really fun, but now 07 gets rereleased and everyone has to restart, ye cool, for those who like using time to lvl a skill great, but I've done it, and having to do it again is a pain in the ass for me.

fk it, why am I complaining, I don't see the point in wasting my time complaning.

Forget it, lock the thread, don't think anyone even understands the point, atleast I know I'm human.

Leveling is main part of RS... If you don't want that, then go play a private server or something...
Wutz
Wutz
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Google 6/3/2013, 3:40 pm

Locked upon OP request.
Google
Google
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

https://soundcloud.com/theruse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down