Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reading Graphs

3 posters

Go down

Reading Graphs Empty Reading Graphs

Post by bhim 4/8/2013, 1:53 am

So I understand that a good understanding of item graphs should help in predicting trends but I don't really have much of a grasp at all on how to use graphs. I can recognize whether an item is going up or down but how can I forecast the entire next week of price changes? If an item consistently hits 5k as its maximum price and 4k as its low I can assume that I can safely buy at 4k and sell at 5k whenever I want. But what about an item that hit 5k three weeks ago, dropped down and went back up to 4.8k two weeks ago, dropped again and rose last week to 4.6k? Is it safe for me to assume that this week the item's maximum will be 4.4k or has this "trend" simply been coincidence? Furthermore how can I be equipped to make that determination on my own?

What is the relevance of the 30-day curve? What do intersections mean? (etc..., I have many more questions but these are a few of the basic ones)

I've read through a number of guides on this site and a fair few of them mention the graphs, but none of them have a thorough explanation (maybe no one has as firm an understanding as I'm asking for, or maybe it's just very obvious and I'm incredibly stupid) of how to use the graphs to your advantage or how to read them and make accurate predictions from them. I think that at this point I can look at a graph that has several price fluctuations and predict when the price might increase and I can certainly guess when it will top out, but I definitely wouldn't bet on my estimations. Is there anybody who can explain this all to me, or is there perhaps a guide on this website that I may have missed that has the answers I'm looking for?

bhim
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Reading Graphs Empty Re: Reading Graphs

Post by Goji Berry 4/8/2013, 4:23 am

You should apply to be an Investing Mentee.  It helps tons and your questions will more than likely be answered with upmost detail and hands-on examples by experienced professionals on the matter.  This link might be of extreme use to you if you haven't already taken a look at it, one of the best investing guides out there imo: http://www.smokinelite.com/t69982-woah-rand-s-investment-guide
Goji Berry
Goji Berry
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by [ADMIN] Billious 4/8/2013, 6:17 pm

These are not very simple questions to answer and really need a lot of explanation. First you ask about resistance and support levels, then trends, then indicators and patterns. Your best bet is to join the mentor system as these questions really need indepth answers. If your not interested in that then I'd suggest reading Julij2's medium wealth investing guide which is in the rated merchant guides section http://www.smokinelite.com/t74250-julij2-s-investment-guide-with-medium-wealth
[ADMIN] Billious
[ADMIN] Billious
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by bhim 6/8/2013, 10:49 am

Thanks for the responses guys!

Yeah I'm definitely looking for in-depth answers for these questions, so I'll check out the mentor program and see about applying. Thanks for those guides as well, they were both pretty good reads.

bhim
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down