Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andriod Smartphone

+12
Ko Boy Fresh
K ratos
Froggie
Dual_Shock
Michael
Mr Zuidenaar
attk master
Minato
Tuff Tiga
Cille
Broeder
Kelly
16 posters

Go down

Andriod Smartphone Empty Andriod Smartphone

Post by Kelly 23/8/2013, 8:06 pm

I'm finally going to be coming into the 21st century and getting a smartphone, but I'd really like it to be an Andriod. I'm a bit clueless as to what phone I should get, been looking up some reviews of a few phones.. But what would you recommend?

If possible, I really need something that's water proof and can have a good case that if dropped, can avoid being broken. My mother will be getting the same phone, and let's just say the phone she has now has already been dropped more times than I can count and ran through the washer twice by mistake Facepalm 
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Andriod Smartphone Empty Re: Andriod Smartphone

Post by Broeder 23/8/2013, 8:09 pm

Android*
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille 23/8/2013, 8:11 pm

Broeder wrote:Android*
irrelevant, people know what she means.

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 23/8/2013, 8:12 pm

bt u dunt c hur possting liek dis r u?
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 23/8/2013, 8:56 pm

I wouldn't go for waterproof as of yet. With Android phones you can get the most out of your money. I have a Galaxy Nexus for about a year now, and I have no issues with it. I bought it around $400. In fact any 'Nexus' device, will be a great choice because of the phone specs, and the price for it. If you don't mind blowing about $700 (off contract) go for a Galaxy S4 by Samsung. One of the best phones on the market. You could also go for the HTC One for its Ultrapixel (You can take sweet ass pictures). If you want to go cheap but efficient, order a Nexus 4 from Google. Solid phone.

They just released the Moto X and the LG G2. Both amazing phones. It's really up to you which one you want.

TL;DR

Galaxy S4: Feels cheap in the hand, great phone overall
HTC One: Best build quality, great phone for pictures
Nexus 4: Great phone all around, slightly lower specs than the S4 but still on par
Moto X: Similar to the Nexus 4, slight better in specs. Not worth the price

ATM the LG G2 isn't worth the money.
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Minato 23/8/2013, 8:56 pm

For you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nivlLGGLl8Y#t=30

For your mother:
http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-zr/
It's available in pink.^

Minato
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cille 23/8/2013, 9:09 pm

I personally have the LG Optimus G, and I love it.
It's very smooth going, it's nice on the eyes (I had problem with that on my previous phone). It takes great pictures and just feels great in your hand.

A downside (but is also positive imo) is that it is covered in glass on all sides and angles, the glass doesn't break EASILY but it can still break. (and still work, speaking of experience :p) so if getting this I recommend getting a cover for it by all means.

Cille
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by attk master 23/8/2013, 9:51 pm

The HTC One and the Samsung Galaxy s4 are the best Android phones available at the moment. The only phones I know of that are water resistant without a case are the Samsung Galaxy s4 active (which is said to have issues, but will be replaced if you talk to tech support) and the Sony Xperia Z which is quite water proof so long as everything is closed properly.

attk master
attk master
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Zuidenaar 24/8/2013, 3:17 pm

I would go for a Samsung Galaxy S4 or S3 (mini if you think the screen is too big).

For the cases, have a look at http://www.miniinthebox.com/ they have basicly all cases so you'll find something there that you want. I'd buy a screenprotector too for better protection
Mr Zuidenaar
Mr Zuidenaar
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 24/8/2013, 7:14 pm

Since you rejected my iPhone suggestion :3 I'd say go for the Samsung Galaxy series Smile you will be happy with any one of those. Smile
Michael
Michael
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dual_Shock 24/8/2013, 10:10 pm

Samsung Galaxy S3/S4
Dual_Shock
Dual_Shock
Forum Fanatic (1000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Froggie 24/8/2013, 10:14 pm

Already talked to you on IRC- hope I helped Smile

Froggie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by K ratos 25/8/2013, 3:09 pm

You should search for 'Huawei', it's a company that is already very big in China and is starting to get attention all over the world because of the cheap but good quality phones they make.

A friend of mine has one and he said the only downside he could think of was that since it's relatively 'new', there are no cases for the phones on the market yet, so that could be a problem.

I saw it was a windows phone and I'm not sure if it's also an android then and how that works etc, everything other than apple is android for me Razz (I have an iPhone myself).

If you decide not to go with Huawei I suggest looking into the HTC One as suggested before, another friend of mine has it and ooh, the camera on that thing <3_<3

My last suggestion would be a Samsung Galaxy S3 or 4, but I don't think the S4 it better enough than the S4 for the money you spend more, if that makes sense.

Curious to hear what phone you decide to choose Smile
K ratos
K ratos
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelly 25/8/2013, 3:46 pm

I've been jotting down the notes people have given, like that the HTC One has incredible pictures. Ultimately I seem to be torn between a few different choices, but still have time as my mother is dragging her heels on choosing what plan and phone she'd like, so everyone in the household can have the same plan.

But I really appreciate everyone' suggestions! I'll go through and +Rep these, it'll probably take awhile, but sincerely appreciate all the suggestions and reviews I love you
Kelly
Kelly
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Broeder 25/8/2013, 4:16 pm

You should also look into nokia phones, especially the new one Lumia 1020 with 40 megapixel camera
Broeder
Broeder
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ko Boy Fresh 26/8/2013, 5:54 pm

The Samsung Galaxy S3 or S4, The family plan I have is AT&T which now haves waterproof samsung galaxy s4 Active(water/dust proof) phone available.

Ko Boy Fresh
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by K ratos 1/9/2013, 8:23 pm

Any update on your choice yet? Smile
K ratos
K ratos
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by colombian 3/9/2013, 12:39 pm

I have the same phone as Cilli and I can also vouch for the quality of the phone. Never had a problem with it for as long as I've had it. Additionally, I bought a rubber case from amazon for ~6USD and with it, I can basically chuck it at a wall with no worries about the phone.
colombian
colombian
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Froggie 3/9/2013, 9:51 pm

Yeah Amazon has some really good cases for really good prices. I bought an off-brand Otterbox kind of case for only $2.00 and it works great!

Froggie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Merzz 4/9/2013, 1:29 am

Myself I like Samsung Galaxy S series i have had Galaxy S1 now for over 2 years and no problems none scratches on screen(using those screen protection thingies) might buy new one later this year tho.
Merzz
Merzz
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daddy 6/9/2013, 5:16 am

The androids phone are verrryyy good !
Daddy
Daddy
Tier 2 (100 posts)
Tier 2 (100 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeus 6/9/2013, 6:47 am

I personally have the Huawei Premia because I'm a cheapo. It's quite good for the price imo.
Zeus
Zeus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum