Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xLyfa!

+7
Dag
Michael
BamZam
lgot
Froggie
Gecko
xLyfa
11 posters

Go down

xLyfa! Empty xLyfa!

Post by xLyfa 2/9/2013, 2:33 am

Hello everyone! I'm xLyfa. Call me whatever you'd like! I'm a newbie on this forum and as I'm writing this, I am not a part of the clan. I certainly will message a recruiter right after this post though! I'm really excited to be a part of this forum. After much reading and looking around, the people seem so nice and helpful and everything is so pretty and organized and ohh my, I think you understand! The Mentoring bit seems sooo awesome. I really want to apply to be a Mentee, but I am not entirely sure if I need to be active for a few weeks before applying.. If it IS a requirement then I'll gladly fulfill it, but if not then that's fine too haha! I'm so excited to be here(:

So, time for me to finally talk about me. My current Runescape name is xLyfa. I've been playing since the Summer of 2005! I've been a member of many clans throughout the years, but I'm not a clan-hopper or whatever they're called. I was recently a Deputy in a clan (rightfully earned!), but I left that clan because of relationship issues with the leader and another Dep, then I returned only to realize that the leader and I had very different views on how to run a clan. So yes, I do plan to be active in the clan and help out in many ways! School is starting on the 5th so I hope it won't affect me much.. Going into Junior year in highschool (third year) and I am going to be 17 in October!(:

My proudest Runescape achievement to date.. Well, I have one 99 after 8 years (Woodcutting), so I am very proud of that haha! But honestly my proudest achievement would just be meeting all the people I have met through the years. I've made so many friends and lost a few. Many have left Runescape but that's no reason not to make new ones! I'll never forget those who left<3! If you want a legitimate in-game achievement, either getting 99 Woodcutting or getting 30m would be my greatest achievements. I remember in '05 when a Rune Med Helm was like, suuuuuper awesome to have lol! I remember being scammed and losing one.. I remember the guy's username. He's STILL on my ignore list! Haha memories<3.

A few months ago I got into flipping for the first time. A guy I met at the GE taught me how to do it (we aren't friends anymore lol), and I fell in love with it. I stopped because after almost and entire morning of successful but small flips, that night I lost all the profit I made because of failing with finding margins.. I found the margins of expensive-ish items, which made me lose money of course because that's what happens when you find the margin, but when I put my offers in, over 24 hours passed and I wasn't able to buy anything. Dunno what happened, but it's kind of a blur so chances are I'm not even explaining this right! So anyway WOW look at all this text SO YEAH, just a few days ago I decided to get back into flipping. I searched Google for any tips on flipping that I didn't already know, and I eventually ended up here! I remember I was like "Wait.. I've heard of Smokin Mils before.." and I was just excited to be on their forums.

I hope to acquire two things in Smokin Mils.. Friendships and money! Haha I'm sure both will happen! It already seems like the people are sooo friendly, and there are plenty of guides and tips on Merchanting. I'm excited in case you haven't already guessed.

I do not know anyone in Smokin Mils, no.

On a scale of 1-10, I'll give myself a 5. I haven't been doing much inactive flipping, and investing just never really interested me. Active flipping is what I'd want preferably, but hey, I'm up for inactive flipping too, sometime later, lol. I know how to flip and I know what basic items to flip, but there's plenty of experience I have yet to earn. For example, I made a flipping profit of about 1.5 or 2M today with my current 30M, but I lost all the profit because of silly mistakes. I took risks and I suffered! Sad

Long term goals in Runescape would include getting that Completionist cape! When will I achieve that goal? In a LOOONG time. That's why it's a long term goal(; In Smokin Mils, I am hoping to, as I said earlier, learn more about Merchanting and making plenty of friends. I'm not even in the clan right now but I really think I want to be in it for a long time to come! Maybe hmm gaining a few ranks would be a nice goal? :DI checked out the Point Ranking System already so I am aware of how to go about doing that!

Spare time.. Well, I can't say I'm proud of this, but a really good amount of gaming lol.. Because of past horrible experience IRL, I've sorta buried myself into the computer. I sometimes head over to FL Studio (Digital Audio Workspace, aka what people use to make music on the computer). I'm not a good musician because I'm never satisfied with anything I do, and if I don't let any of my ideas slide, then how am I supposed to improve? Lol!

If other people wanted to contact me then they could either PM me or hit me up on IRC.

No, there's nothing else I'd like to add. I spent maybe an hour working on this post and there is SO MUCH unnecessary information that probably scared many people off because it is a long post! I was worrying in the beginning, like, "I NEED TO MAKE SURE 100% OF WHAT I SAY IS TRUE, AND THAT I DON'T MESS UP AT ALL!" Haha anyway, kudos to you if you read this entire thing. I haven't proofread anything because I don't feel like it, so if there's big mistakes then please point them out. Thanks for anyone who takes a look at this post and I look forward to being with you all! <3

Last edited by xLyfa on 2/9/2013, 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Visited the IRC!)
xLyfa
xLyfa
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

xLyfa! Empty Re: xLyfa!

Post by Gecko 2/9/2013, 2:59 am

I would like to give you a warm welcome to SM xLyfa. I would recommend reading the rules so as to fully enjoy your stay here. Smile

And I would like to direct you to here as a potential first location.
http://www.smokinelite.com/t71867-apply-to-be-a-general-flipping-eoc-mentee-here

Last edited by Geckoscraps on 2/9/2013, 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Gecko
Gecko
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Froggie 2/9/2013, 3:15 am

Welcome to the clan! I, too, am a Junior, but I turn 17 in November XD

Froggie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lgot 2/9/2013, 6:36 am

that is one hell of an intro, welcome hope to see you around more
lgot
lgot
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by BamZam 2/9/2013, 10:33 am

God dayum, you seem like one bloody energetic as heck person! Have you been drinking coffee lately? Razz

Anyways, welcome to the clan xLyfa Smile
BamZam
BamZam
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 2/9/2013, 3:29 pm

Holy long introduction, welcome to SM! if you have any questions you can send me a PM or join my irc channel #MichaelNarehood hope to see you around. Smile
Michael
Michael
Forum Master (1500 posts)
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dag 2/9/2013, 5:55 pm

I just invited you to the in-game clan Smile Welcome! Very Happy

If you need help with anything, feel free to send me a forum PM, and i'll help you as best I can.

Again, welcome to SM Smile
Dag
Dag
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by GsKiki 2/9/2013, 9:14 pm

Welcome to SM Smile I'm sure you'll have lots of fun here!
GsKiki
GsKiki
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by RohacPT 5/9/2013, 7:46 pm

It's great to see people that still enjoy Runescape like this. I can see myself in you. Made lots of friends, some of them that were really good people. Life circunstances makes them go away from the game but not from our heart. I hope you keep playing Runescape with that motivation because that is what makes Rs community get better.

Welcome to Smokin Mils, and you are right, this is a great community, you will enjoy your stay alot.
RohacPT
RohacPT
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by xLyfa 5/9/2013, 8:42 pm

RohacPT wrote:I hope you keep playing Runescape with that motivation because that is what makes Rs community get better.
That was sweet. Also with my couple days spent here, I love everyone haha it's great.
xLyfa
xLyfa
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuff Tiga 5/9/2013, 10:20 pm

Welcome to SM Lyfa Smile
Tuff Tiga
Tuff Tiga
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)