Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New earbuds

+3
Avssie
Froggie
Wutz
7 posters

Go down

New earbuds Empty New earbuds

Post by Wutz 2/9/2013, 2:37 pm

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but I figured this is where it fits best, even tho it's not really "computer related".
Anyways
I have decided its about time for me to get a decent pair of earbuds, as the sound quality of my 10 dollar earbuds simply sucks.
I mainly need them for when I ride the bus, ride my bike to the bus, when I'm bored at school ect., when I'm at home I got a headset to use.

I thought about buying this pair, but some of the reviews seems pretty bad.
Anyone who have experience with this pair or skullcandy, or know a better pair of earbuds within this price range?
Wutz
Wutz
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

New earbuds Empty Re: New earbuds

Post by Froggie 2/9/2013, 3:12 pm

My advice would be to just buy the Apple Earbuds that are the new, ear-shaped ones. They are under $30.00. If you can go more expensive, I would advice Dr Dre's Beats Earbuds, which are $100.00 I believe.

Froggie
Tier 4 (500 posts)
Tier 4 (500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Avssie 2/9/2013, 3:14 pm

I haven't had great experience with Skullcandy (over or in-ear headphones.)

I've gone through a ton of headphones and you'll find durability wise price won't matter, it's price & brand that represents the sound. 2 brands I've found best are Sony and Yamaha, always give a good quality sound at a good cost.

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-EPH-20BL-In-Ear-Headphones-Black/dp/B003CP0KCS

The ones linked above are what I would say is a good headphone for that price-range. Obviously it varies person to person depending on your taste of sound but just keep searching and testing, you'll find ones that suite you.
Avssie
Avssie
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wutz 2/9/2013, 3:26 pm

Froggie wrote:My advice would be to just buy the Apple Earbuds that are the new, ear-shaped ones. They are under $30.00. If you can go more expensive, I would advice Dr Dre's Beats Earbuds, which are $100.00 I believe.
http://www.elgiganten.dk/product/tv-radio/hovedtelefoner/MD827/apple-earpods-hovedtelefoner-in-ear-hvide
Sorry about the danish site, but are this the new apple earbuds?

I kinda thought about going for some beats, but 100 dollars are quite a lot for a pair of earbuds, how long would they last?
Wutz
Wutz
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wutz 2/9/2013, 3:29 pm

Avssie wrote:I haven't had great experience with Skullcandy (over or in-ear headphones.)

I've gone through a ton of headphones and you'll find durability wise price won't matter, it's price & brand that represents the sound. 2 brands I've found best are Sony and Yamaha, always give a good quality sound at a good cost.

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-EPH-20BL-In-Ear-Headphones-Black/dp/B003CP0KCS

The ones linked above are what I would say is a good headphone for that price-range. Obviously it varies person to person depending on your taste of sound but just keep searching and testing, you'll find ones that suite you.
What kind of experiences have you had? Surprised
Wutz
Wutz
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 2/9/2013, 3:34 pm

I also would suggest you get the "EarPods" or the new Apple headphones. I have listened side by side with the beats headphones (one ear each headphone) and the Apple headphones not only sound better but they don't fall out of you ear unless you catch the wire on something and pull (do that all the time Razz) and I've had the same pair since they launched around a year ago (Got them with an iPhone 5 on launch day. For $30 they are great headphones. Smile

P.s don't get SkullCandy, they are okay but in the time I've had the EarPods I would have had to buy like 3-4 pairs of SkullCandy's. Hope this helped Smile
Michael
Michael
Forum Master (1500 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Avssie 2/9/2013, 3:37 pm

Wutz wrote:What kind of experiences have you had? Surprised
The sound from them wasn't great for the price and they're very fragile / break after things that shouldn't break them.
Avssie
Avssie
Tier 3 (300 posts)
Tier 3 (300 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wutz 2/9/2013, 4:12 pm

Well the apple EarPods seem to be very popular, I might go with them Smile

EDIT: Earpods will work with my android phone, right? Smile
Wutz
Wutz
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael 2/9/2013, 4:24 pm

Wutz wrote:Well the apple EarPods seem to be very popular, I might go with them Smile

EDIT: Earpods will work with my android phone, right? Smile
They should, depending on the phone you might not be able to use the buttons on the headphones to pause/play/next/previous/change the volume settings, that I'm not sure about.
Michael
Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 3/9/2013, 9:54 am

Go with Sennheiser Smile, they have great quality and have earphones for just about anyone's budget Smile. In addition I believe most of them come with a 2 year warantee which is always a bonus Smile. I've used Sennheiser headphones and they sound really good and last a long time, I've also tried the earphones in store and the sound they produce is really good.

If you have a good sound source (ipod/stereo/soundcard/mp3 etc.) and high quality sound files of the originals 192kbps+, then it is a good choice to invest in some Sennheiser earphones as they will produce a much better sound. If you have a poor sound source or sound files of less than 128kbps then it's not really worth buying new earphones as you won't notice much of a difference in sound quality if your sound files are poor quality.
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wutz 3/9/2013, 3:03 pm

Daxaal wrote:Go with Sennheiser Smile, they have great quality and have earphones for just about anyone's budget Smile. In addition I believe most of them come with a 2 year warantee which is always a bonus Smile. I've used Sennheiser headphones and they sound really good and last a long time, I've also tried the earphones in store and the sound they produce is really good.

If you have a good sound source (ipod/stereo/soundcard/mp3 etc.) and high quality sound files of the originals 192kbps+, then it is a good choice to invest in some Sennheiser earphones as they will produce a much better sound. If you have a poor sound source or sound files of less than 128kbps then it's not really worth buying new earphones as you won't notice much of a difference in sound quality if your sound files are poor quality.
Well this is probably a stupid question, but how do I check if my sound files are bad quality? :p

EDIT: Also, I read about the apple earpods, and there seems to be lots of complaints about them leaking sound... How bad is this?
Wutz
Wutz
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by attk master 3/9/2013, 6:59 pm

http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/?filter=100021_10194732_#minPrice=20&maxPrice=30&filter=500876_127403

attk master
attk master
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 3/9/2013, 7:31 pm

I have to agree with Daxaal about Senheiser. If you want quality sound then go with them.

I had many earbuds in the past and lately I'm mostly searching for earhooks. I had problems with earbuds as they kept on falling out of my ears but with earhooks that doesn't happen anymore even when you're running,cycling etc. At the moment I have Philips SHQ3000/28 which are quite good and I had them for over a year. In the past  I had black Phillips earhooks which were cheaper but they died after 6 months of use. Due to my past experiences I prefer to buy more expensive sound gear as it last way longer then the cheap one. If you treat them nicely they will last long and it's definitely better investment than the cheaper ones.
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Daxaal 4/9/2013, 7:25 am

Wutz wrote:
Daxaal wrote:Go with Sennheiser Smile, they have great quality and have earphones for just about anyone's budget Smile. In addition I believe most of them come with a 2 year warantee which is always a bonus Smile. I've used Sennheiser headphones and they sound really good and last a long time, I've also tried the earphones in store and the sound they produce is really good.

Well this is probably a stupid question, but how do I check if my sound files are bad quality? :p

EDIT: Also, I read about the apple earpods, and there seems to be lots of complaints about them leaking sound... How bad is this?
If you are a windows user you can right click your music file and go to properties>Details tab>Audio Property
Which should gives your music file's kbps for example
Spoiler:
In that picture the kbps is 1411kbps which is pretty much top quality, this is because the audio file is a wav file extracted from the original CD. Wav is a loseless file (no compression). If you have sound files of less than 128kbps then you probably won't notice an improvement in quality even with top of the range earphones because of the poor quality sound files. If you have sound files higher than 128kbps you should notice an improvement in the sound quality when listening through good earphones.

Also take note that anything higher than 256kbps is not worth it either because the music file takes up more space. Unless you have super hearing you won't notice a difference between a 256kbps and a 1411kbps file Smile, which is why I would suggest to keep using lossy compressed sound files like mp3,m4a(mpeg 4),AAC to keep the music file small in size Smile.
Daxaal
Daxaal
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wutz 4/9/2013, 3:28 pm

Mmmh some of my files are 256, some are 128, I will go for a new pair Razz

Right now its between Sennheister CX280 and the apple earpods, I think ill go with the Sennheisters tho
Wutz
Wutz
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by attk master 5/9/2013, 3:43 am

Wutz wrote:Mmmh some of my files are 256, some are 128, I will go for a new pair Razz

Right now its between Sennheister CX280 and the apple earpods, I think ill go with the Sennheisters tho
The Sennheiser earbuds are a much better option.
attk master
attk master
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wutz 5/9/2013, 3:39 pm

Going for the Sennheiser CX280s Smile Thanks to everyone who helped me pick them Smile
Wutz
Wutz
Forum Addict (750 posts)
Forum Addict (750 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum