Index
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nex and SS

4 posters

Go down

Nex and SS Empty Nex and SS

Post by John Smidt 17/9/2013, 11:54 am

So with the announcement of Divination and the 2nd new skill all nex and ss gear pretty much crashed.
I expected Divination to give some kind of combat buffs so I gambled by investing in nex gear, mostly torva and some pernix.
When Divination was released it didn't give any big combat buffs or advantages what so ever unlike I expected.
So now it has crashed even further.

If I sell now i'm at a huge loss so I'm waiting for it to recover.
But when will that be? After the 2nd skill is released? or maybe never and prices stay this low?

Any advice, opinion or speculation is appreciated.

Thanks

John Smidt
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Nex and SS Empty Re: Nex and SS

Post by Gummy 17/9/2013, 11:57 am

It crashed due to Nex being instanced in the [near] future.
Gummy
Gummy
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by John Smidt 17/9/2013, 2:49 pm

Gummy wrote:It crashed due to Nex being instanced in the [near] future.
So why have SS also crashed then?

John Smidt
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 17/9/2013, 5:51 pm

It's been on a steady decline since January 2013 and the only update that affected weapons/armours was KK.

My hypothesis is that people want to be a big damage dealer rather than a tank (since runescape is the only MMO acting like they have classes but actually dont) so the shields have been slowly declining.

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/behind-the-scenes-january-2013

Nex and SS TCAuLZf
If this photo is a breach on Merchz, I'll take it down
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by Julij2 17/9/2013, 6:09 pm

The biggest effect on nex gear had the release of RS3. After RS3 pretty much everything is on steady downward trend. Many people quitted at that time and the market never fully recovered from it. Demand for nex and ss items got lower and so the prices dropped.

Lately there's been a lot of speculation about instanced nex (not sure if it's really a speculation or is it really true) making nex gear crash even further. There's also been some speculation about level 85 shields. This made nex gear and ss even less desirable.

At the same time school started and the market just got overflow of nex and ss stuff.

My guess is that many people gave up on nex and ss and instead they rather decided to go into the rare market as atm is more stable.
Julij2
Julij2
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by lil_me 17/9/2013, 6:39 pm

John Smidt wrote:
I expected Divination to give some kind of combat buffs
Apparently, there was a leak by an ex-jmod stating that the second skill, the production partner of Divination, would be able to give buffs to either collection tools (axes, pickaxes) or to combat gear. To add on to that, mod mark did mention in a Q&A vid that he wanted to add "special abilities" to items, making some more desirable.

For example say you have one pickaxe with a buff to mine things faster vs one that could give a higher chance for gems. Both do the same thing but one may be more desirable depending on what you want to do (get ore or get gems).
lil_me
lil_me
Grandmaster (2000 posts)
Grandmaster (2000 posts)

Back to top Go down

Post by John Smidt 17/9/2013, 9:42 pm

lil_me wrote:
John Smidt wrote:
I expected Divination to give some kind of combat buffs
Apparently, there was a leak by an ex-jmod stating that the second skill, the production partner of Divination, would be able to give buffs to either collection tools (axes, pickaxes) or to combat gear. To add on to that, mod mark did mention in a Q&A vid that he wanted to add "special abilities" to items, making some more desirable.

For example say you have one pickaxe with a buff to mine things faster vs one that could give a higher chance for gems. Both do the same thing but one may be more desirable depending on what you want to do (get ore or get gems).
Interesting, guess i'll wait and see what the 2nd skill is all about before deciding what to do with it then.
Thanks

John Smidt
Tier 1 (Registered)
Tier 1 (Registered)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum